Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The first 7 layers were easy af as BrM and I never died on any of them. Layer 8 however was a nightmare and I actually failed it on floor 18, so I will have to retry it again.

It seems like you do need to really lucky on layer 8, otherwise the last 6 floors will be either super hard or impossible.

Next time I will try the immunity strat, which I have completely ignored. I only ever cared about corrosive, stacking hp and getting insta touch of death with fort. brew buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Depends on the final boss, and luck. As I said above, I had one where I didn't get enough stacks of roll for whatever reason, and it was a wasted run because the final boss meleed me for 500k when the immunity wore off.

You can also run into trouble if you don't get some health or damage boosters. In my most recent run I only had 1 stack of obleron endurance and no good damage boosts, so by the 14th floor it was fairly impossible to kill elites before they one shot me.

However, on the run before that, one of my first powers was the +2% per maw rat, and I had 3 stacks of obleron endurance, and just generally great powers the whole time. I laughed my way through the place.

What's sad is there doesn't appear to be any other way to build your character so that you aren't just reliant on corrosive, immunity, and whatever damage + health buffs you get. I keep getting powers like "tiger palm does blah" and I'm like, "Tiger palm??? Who the hell cares about tiger palm??"

I am doing one run a night until I get layer 8 done. It's just a matter of RNG at this point. So far I've been successful on 7 out of 9 runs, and on the unsuccessful runs it was apparent by floor 5 that I wasn't getting good powers.
    Yeah it seems like that we have to entirely rely on RNG for layer 8, since we must stack specific auras and almost everything is else is completely useless.

Other classes (such as druids) have different strat options, but monks only have 1 path.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I was once killed with that root anima power because the final boss had some ability where aoe missiles hit the ground and I couldn't dodge them because I was spamming Vivify, which means I was rooted and hard slowed for a bit, and every time you get hit by one of those you get a debuff that reduces your max life by 20% and it stacks.

And in general it's super annoying. I won't ever use that one again. I'd rather fight a few seconds longer before I insta kill the boss with ToD rather than being constantly slowed over and over again.
    Did you get to layer 8 though? The endboss will have over 10million hp (and every hit will give a BrM almost 100% stagger), so you absolutely cannot oneshot this guy with ToD... and this also makes the root much more important, because your immunity might easily run out before you can ToD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Is anyone else taking advantage of the mega immunity the way I am? It completely trivializes the final boss if you can kill him in under 2.5 minutes.
    Yeah but how do you use the immunity? I assume you're talking about eve-tumbling stone right?

The way I understand this anima power is: you enter a new floor and then within the next 30sec when you use roll, you will be become immune for X seconds, whereas X is the distance you've travelled. So my question is:

1. How do you travel such a long time with one roll/chi torpedo? Or does it stack with your other rolls?
    2. Won't this effect run out if you want to buy anima powers from the vendor? So you have to actually skip him? And I believe if you die once, the effect won't reactivate.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-01-15 at 07:19 AM.

I've done layer 8 as a 192 brewmaster, I don't think there's any point playing as WW (or probably even mistweaver) in twisting corridors.

Every single layer I completed by:

1. Stacking corrosive dosage to max (5 stacks), and casting it every second or third gcd. This is easily 90%+ of damage except where you touch of death.
    2. Take every single available HP buff. The most important one is mawrat = 2% hp, there is another one where you get 100% hp but slowed - I recommend not taking this unless you are near the end because it is a major pain in the arse.
    3. Take as many roll charges as possible (you can have 6 charges maximum, with the talent + 2 base + 3 extra roll powers).
    4. Make sure you get the roll = immunity power
    5. Get roll = 15% hp shield - this power is INSANELY strong, and turns all of that hp and all of those roll talents into pure survival and sustain.

Those are all you need to clear, and really all you need is a tonne of hp and corrosive dosage; the immunity is gravy and lets you do some of the harder bosses.

Besides these, also get:
    5. Reduce cooldowns by 30 seconds (ridiculously strong on brewmaster before you get the roll shield because it works on celestial brew, giving it 24 second baseline cd).
    6. Get the power that gives you 5% hp on fort. brew each touch of death, which caps at 100 stacks for 500% hp.
    7. Get touch of death cooldown to 0.
    8. Get touch of death spreads to 4 other targets.

The 5% hp per stack of touch of death is very good for finishing off bosses, but you could feasibly not worry about getting any of the touch of death stuff if you needed to.

The chi torpedo buff stacks and each one gives about ~23 seconds of immunity. If you have 6 roll stacks with a cooldown of 15 seconds you can get ~3 minutes of immunity. Travelling to the boss and spending at the vendor cut into that; I generally spam on that last vendor whatever I know is good, by that point you don't generally NEED anything, so open it, by the purple power, by any hp buff or stat buffs, then go.

Brewmaster is simply stronger than WW or MW because corrosive dosage is stupidly overbalanced and makes up the vast, vast, VAST majority of your damage, so the survivability of brewmaster is just better, even with the mobs doing more damage. At 1 stack it will likely still be your biggest damage source; at 5 its more like 90% as I said. Alter your rotation to never drop the buff, it only lasts 3 seconds so you should be casting every 2 to 3 gcds.

If you go brewmaster, you will regularly get to 200k hp, meaning that you get 1.2million hp during fort brew (and meaning that your roll gives you a shield for 220k or so that lasts for 30 seconds).

The only thing that can kill your build following this path is rng not giving you enough hp. All the other powers are near garunteed at some point in the run; I've never not capped corrosage dosage, got the roll talent, or the tod stuff. However, its very easy to not get enough hp, or not get the maw rat talent.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2021-01-15 at 07:33 AM.

From what I can tell, based on my personal experience, that of my friends, and whatever I read in here.

Torghast, and the corridors are in reality not that much hard or complicated. They only require good understanding of the additional powers so you can improvise on spot, and a bit of luck to get the stronger powers over the weaker ones. And the "luck requirement" is even reduced in corridors due to the big amount of powers (60+?) that you obtain along the way.

Really people, if you're having problems with Torghast just look up a guide or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Torghast, and the corridors are in reality not that much hard or complicated.
    Yes, but there's still a bit too much RNG. My first run as WW -> 0 hp powers dropped. Roll did drop, but not enough stacks. So eventually I did get 1 shot on floor 17.
    In comparison I run my arms alt today with 10 ilvl lower and it was a breeze. Infinite die by the sword is pretty much guaranteed, 2 condemn powers drop pretty much always as well. Feels like monk traits are very MEH in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    Yes, but there's still a bit too much RNG. My first run as WW -> 0 hp powers dropped. Roll did drop, but not enough stacks. So eventually I did get 1 shot on floor 17.
    In comparison I run my arms alt today with 10 ilvl lower and it was a breeze. Infinite die by the sword is pretty much guaranteed, 2 condemn powers drop pretty much always as well. Feels like monk traits are very MEH in comparison.
    The 'right RNG' demand is quite low in the corridors really. You get 60+ powers per run. My first run I had 78 iirc. Do you skip mobs perhaps? If yes, don't do that, make sure you kill absolutely every single thing that moves on each floor.

5+ Year Old Account
    Finished layer 8 today as BrM with corrosive dosage and roll immunity. Immunity didn't last long enough on last boss but I used every defensive + leg sweeps for the last 20 seconds and managed to kill him.

Twisted Corridors are zero fun as monk. Having to go BrM insteaf of WW is already bad, but having to spam heals to deal damage instead of using proper spec abilities is just pathetic. The roll immunity is also questionable, against the last bosses you're either immune or pretty much dead, there's not much in between.

They must buff some WW anima powers or even design new ones that let us play the spec as it's meant to be. Vivify spam isn't fun and this shouldn't be the way a WW or BrM is played.

Just curious, did anyone finish all TC layers as WW AND without corrosive dosage?

I did it in a group with 2 friends - made it much more fun. Triple DD, but I switched to BrM on the later levels, as soon as I had some corrosive stacks. Obviously without the roll immunity, so I kept the aggro. When you have 2 more targets to heal, the damage coming from Vivify is just extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    Just curious, did anyone finish all TC layers as WW AND without corrosive dosage?
    Didn't try, but I definitely think it's possible with some luck on the powers. Imo WW has quite a few nice ones for more damage (mostly those that revolve around bok) and is a bit more flexible than BrM, which needs corrosive dosage to do damage, though you also need some good def powers as WW for bosses. But I don't know anyone who tried it, as BrM + corrosive seems just too strong, and we can do it once to get all rewards.

5+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster monk is enjoyable in torghast and stagger is a blessing against the harder hitting NPC.

If lucky on anima rolls you can just run up on a boss pop fortifying brew and Touch of death the boss.

One run I maxed out my health at 1.3 million with fortifying brew.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Brewmaster monk is enjoyable in torghast and stagger is a blessing against the harder hitting NPC.

If lucky on anima rolls you can just run up on a boss pop fortifying brew and Touch of death the boss.

One run I maxed out my health at 1.3 million with fortifying brew.
    I don't see how someone could get that much hp. I am 196ilvl with about 40k hp unbuffed. I went in and out until I got the maw rat 2% anima at the start. By floor 18 I had maxed out that and had about 126k hp with 3-4 15% powers bought. With the fortified buff maxed out I had about 650k hp. Having twice that is not possible or what powers did you have? Granted I dont have any Torghast upgrades so might be other powers available except the default one.

I had failed once on layer 17 when I had super luck with powers. The 15% dmg+heal -5% hp is awesome UNLESS you get the floor where you jump between platforms using a rope and the 2,5min immunity runs out before you get to floor boss and with your 11k hp everyone oneshots you. Granted you do crazy dmg but even mawrats oneshot you there.

One my try where I manage to kill boss on L8 18 I had 126k hp as said above but noticed on F16 that my vivify spam wasn't enough to kill the floor boss barely. Luckily on Floor 17 I found one of those 1,5min immunity anima that I saved so I had about 2,5 +1,5min immunity in which time I manage to kill the boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeppen View Post
    I don't see how someone could get that much hp. I am 196ilvl with about 40k hp unbuffed. I went in and out until I got the maw rat 2% anima at the start. By floor 18 I had maxed out that and had about 126k hp with 3-4 15% powers bought. With the fortified buff maxed out I had about 650k hp. Having twice that is not possible or what powers did you have? Granted I dont have any Torghast upgrades so might be other powers available except the default one.
    While you don't get new powers as you upgrade, what you do get is more Obleron buffs at a time. There's also an epic power which slows you if you stand still for too long, which also gives you a ton of max health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeppen View Post

I had failed once on layer 17 when I had super luck with powers. The 15% dmg+heal -5% hp is awesome UNLESS you get the floor where you jump between platforms using a rope and the 2,5min immunity runs out before you get to floor boss and with your 11k hp everyone oneshots you. Granted you do crazy dmg but even mawrats oneshot you there.

One my try where I manage to kill boss on L8 18 I had 126k hp as said above but noticed on F16 that my vivify spam wasn't enough to kill the floor boss barely. Luckily on Floor 17 I found one of those 1,5min immunity anima that I saved so I had about 2,5 +1,5min immunity in which time I manage to kill the boss!
    I had a lot of the anima that increases maximum health.

Like https://www.wowhead.com/spell=293025/obleron-endurance

It just kept dropping and combined with the other anima it just shot my health up to boss numbers.

What helped was getting the maximum health increase maw rat anima and touch of death health boost early in the run.

for fistweaving with ATotM legendary you have another, very valid way, besides stacking vivify corrosive:

stacking Rising Sun Kick / Blackout Kick powers - paired with defensive powers that increase your hp pool.
    quite easily you hit the point of "if it cant 1shot me, it cant kill me" since 250% of your damage gets translated into selfheal.

i found that way more fun as it takes advantage of way more powers than the vivify way and often ends up stronger/safer.
    Even tiger palm power has a point (less downtimes in selfheal due to TP healing more / teleport to melee range)

as a monk here are what I do and I currently on layer 7 and only do a run when I bored of everything else as I really don't like the place at all

Focus on HP and anything related to Death Touch so the CD power, the +4 targets power, Buff Fort HP from Death touch power.
    At the same time take anything related to roll increase as you will either from the vendor or random power drop get the power that makes you immune to all damage after roll 30 seconds after zoning in, so you can make yourself immune to all damage for over 2min each floor change.

So the idea is the roll make yourself immune to all damage then Death Touch everything with 0 sec cooldown on DT. As a mist weaver i run around the place towards the end with 250khp base HP then pop a fort brew and weapons of order and i can get close to 2million HP.

As you get higher you will need to wait for some CD's to progress part a certain pack don't be afraid to do that. Also the first few levels clear everything loot as much anima and power as you can get, so that if you have been unlucky with your random power drops then by the time you get to 3rd floor vendor you will have enough anima to buy most of your key common powers
    Last edited by grippo; 2021-02-01 at 11:32 AM.

The only problem I had in corridors was boss at layer 8 who had 11 mil health and was hitting me for 60k with each melee swing, 120k with each special skill. I ended doing L8 in party because of that.

Did it solo in Brewmaster spec. Collect hp anima and corrosive dosage.

Stack Vivify anima powers. Just trust me

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    While you don't get new powers as you upgrade, what you do get is more Obleron buffs at a time. There's also an epic power which slows you if you stand still for too long, which also gives you a ton of max health.
    yeah, the last upgrade that makes sure you get at least two powers to choose from makes huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by Ninyo View Post
    this.
    the only way i can clear torghast is go brewmaster and hope for the vivify power and kill everything aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninyo View Post
    But you see - that the problem. HP+Vivify is like the only viable monk build now and it's just NOT fun. I don't want to spam heal on WW or on BM but the sheer uselessness of other powers forces me to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    HP+Vivify is like the only viable monk build now
    its not. read this thread again.
    - fortifiying brew into touch of death
    - stacking roll charges into multiple minute long immortality
    - atotm legendary into stacking melee style powers

to just name 3 that will carry you through through twisted and dont make use of vivify. as a mistweaver monk i dont even think vivify corrosive is the best option as stacking melee powers will scale better through 18 layers.