Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I echo all the previous comments about corrosive damage and ever tumbling stone. I main a MW but for quests/Torghast I play WW, so I am not inexperienced but it isn't my best spec. I was able to solo all 8 layers at about 200 ilvl. I found two combos that worked the best and trivialized everything past layer 12. The first is corrosive damage, ever-tumbling stone (plus all the roll charges) and that power that gives you a +15% damage boost per floor (at the expense of 5% health). The second is corrosive damage, +stat modifies (that 15% stat one, 30% but can't walk backwards, etc), ever-tumbling stone and the Necrolord bonedust brew power where it increases brew damage by 1000%. Things just explode instantly with this build. I killed the last boss of layer 8 with 14 million health in less than 5 seconds.

An off-build would be to get your health as high as possible and then get the touch of death adds 5% to fortifying brew health boost. I had 1.4 million hp at the end of my layer 7 run with FB activated.

One thing I found extremely helpful was resetting the instance until I got a good starter zone. So no starting on the mobs have +health/damage zones. I even reset for the fire zones since you have that dot for all 18 floors otherwise.

Good luck to all those still attempting!

ETA -
    Also, being smart with how you use your ravenous anima cells. Obviously you want to get the one where skeletons drop 10x more phantasma but there are two mobs (archers and interceptors) that give you 10-30 soul remnants. I was almost always at 100+ remnants at the end of my runs.
    Last edited by Lightmayo; 2021-02-09 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightmayo View Post
    I echo all the previous comments about corrosive damage and ever tumbling stone. I main a MW but for quests/Torghast I play WW, so I am not inexperienced but it isn't my best spec. I was able to solo all 8 layers at about 200 ilvl. I found two combos that worked the best and trivialized everything past layer 12. The first is corrosive damage, ever-tumbling stone (plus all the roll charges) and that power that gives you a +15% damage boost per floor (at the expense of 5% health). The second is corrosive damage, +stat modifies (that 15% stat one, 30% but can't walk backwards, etc), ever-tumbling stone and the Necrolord bonedust brew power where it increases brew damage by 1000%. Things just explode instantly with this build. I killed the last boss of layer 8 with 14 million health in less than 5 seconds.

An off-build would be to get your health as high as possible and then get the touch of death adds 5% to fortifying brew health boost. I had 1.4 million hp at the end of my layer 7 run with FB activated.

One thing I found extremely helpful was resetting the instance until I got a good starter zone. So no starting on the mobs have +health/damage zones. I even reset for the fire zones since you have that dot for all 18 floors otherwise.

Good luck to all those still attempting!

ETA -
    Also, being smart with how you use your ravenous anima cells. Obviously you want to get the one where skeletons drop 10x more phantasma but there are two mobs (archers and interceptors) that give you 10-30 soul remnants. I was almost always at 100+ remnants at the end of my runs.
    One thing to note for fire zones they get pretty trivial if you buy a ravenous orb at the first broker. Throw it at one of the fire associated mobs and you should get a massive fire resist anima power that basically nearly negates the flame stuff. At the next broker do it again and double stack it and flip the middle finger at anything using fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    its not. read this thread again.
    - fortifiying brew into touch of death
    - stacking roll charges into multiple minute long immortality
    - atotm legendary into stacking melee style powers

to just name 3 that will carry you through through twisted and dont make use of vivify. as a mistweaver monk i dont even think vivify corrosive is the best option as stacking melee powers will scale better through 18 layers.
    - fortifiying brew into touch of death - useless on last boss. Only last boss is the issue, trash isn't.
    - stacking roll charges into multiple minute long immortality - this is an almost mandatory part of most builds. But immunity alone does nothing for you without good damage traits. Which are several lacking compared to some other classes.
    - atotm legendary into stacking melee style powers - can't really say anything here, since I'm not running MW. And you're probably one of the other 10 people who does. MW population is extremely low and I shouldn't change spec just for Torghast.

Necrolord Monk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    - fortifiying brew into touch of death - useless on last boss. Only last boss is the issue, trash isn't.
    - stacking roll charges into multiple minute long immortality - this is an almost mandatory part of most builds. But immunity alone does nothing for you without good damage traits. Which are several lacking compared to some other classes.
    - atotm legendary into stacking melee style powers - can't really say anything here, since I'm not running MW. And you're probably one of the other 10 people who does. MW population is extremely low and I shouldn't change spec just for Torghast.
    Mistweaver is potentially the strongest torghast class in the game. Mist/Brew definitely are by a large margin if you are necrolord.

7+ Year Old Account
    i recently beat the highest level as tank no immunity or insane high hp needed