Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    if you think sylvanas is "better written"... ow... ouch... my soul...

hogger is written better than sylvanas and the other windrunner sisters.

anduin is just a sacrificial goat for the development of her story, same as the poor jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    She and Anduin are cancer that consumes both factions. Any character can be turned extra-edgy and decked in mind-boggling amount of plot armor and that will NOT make them "well written". Also "all according to keikaku" is not a well written plot either.
    I'm not quite hip with the dank maymays like Keikaku or w/e but if you can't see why she's more interesting that the other linear boring characters then I can't help you.

And no, I'm not a "Loyalist" lol or a simp for my dark lady.
    She IS an UNREDEAMABLE villain. However, if I was in her place I would probably do the same shit she's doing.

Fuck going to hell for no reason because Darth Arthas tainted my soul with maw jizz.
    I'll do whatever I can to not suffer eternal torment. including burning a bunch of tree people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    I'm not quite hip with the dank maymays like Keikaku or w/e but if you can't see why she's more interesting that the other linear boring characters then I can't help you.

And no, I'm not a "Loyalist" lol or a simp for my dark lady.
    She IS an UNREDEAMABLE villain. However, if I was in her place I would probably do the same shit she's doing.

Fuck going to hell for no reason because Darth Arthas tainted my soul with maw jizz.
    I'll do whatever I can to not suffer eternal torment. including burning a bunch of tree people.
    She is exactly linear AND boring. She just constantly used for an overdramatic shock value moment that WoW hack writers try to emulate from "muh GoT".

And no, she didnt went to the Maw because of what Arthas did. Nobody aside from her went to the Maw after Arthas turned them undead or DK (after they died again). So she was either dragged there by the Jailer and deceived or she was indeed THAT huge of a shitstain even before she went entirely ham in Cata and after that.
    And hey, now the "tree people" will have some revenge on her. Isnt that lovely?

She will be the Jailer`s Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    She is exactly linear AND boring. She just constantly used for an overdramatic shock value moment that WoW hack writers try to emulate from "muh GoT".

And no, she didnt went to the Maw because of what Arthas did. Nobody aside from her went to the Maw after Arthas turned them undead or DK (after they died again). So she was either dragged there by the Jailer and deceived or she was indeed THAT huge of a shitstain even before she went entirely ham in Cata and after that.
    And hey, now the "tree people" will have some revenge on her. Isnt that lovely?
    You don't know that.
    Name one person we specifically see in the shadowlands who was killed and raised by Arthas that is not in the Maw.
    inb4 Mograine.. Kel'Thuzad ressed him.

Also, the worst things she did pre her ICC death was kill a racist human scum (Garithos) and make Dreadlords kill each other. all good things imo.

Again, you confuse good characters with well-written characters. I DON'T want Sylvanas to be redeemed because that would make her story worse.
    I do UNDERSTAND her motives tho. Something I don't think you're capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    anduin is just a sacrificial goat for the development of her story, same as the poor jailer.
    You got that backwards, other characters are lobotomised to serve Anduin's development and to make him look good.

Sylvanas will die at the end of the expansion, feel free to quote me on this one when it happens. And no, she won't be a raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Surely she cannot just die or become a blip in history. If they kill her, it would be the same as if they killed any other major classic character like Jaina or Thrall, or at least never hade them mentioned or shown again. Fans would go apeshit.

I really think Blizzard put themselves in a corner by making her a villain (at least we have further info on what's going on).
    do you know why something like game of thrones was so exciting? well first and foremost, good writing. but the next reason was you could never guess who died next. it kept people guessing and attached to their favorites. something wow has lacked is major deaths. voljin and tirion did die in legion but they weren't built up for their deaths so it was more random and less impactful. sylvanas has been built up for a death over the past 4 years.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    She can be a legacy raid boss who drops phat mogs. That's how relevant she should stay after SL
    Sylvanas armor and bow mogs? kay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    You got that backwards, other characters are lobotomised to serve Anduin's development and to make him look good.
    All the story has revolved around sylvanas.
    Anduin does make other characters a bit dumb but even anduin serves only to further sylvanas plot.

Anduin does make other characters a bit dumb but even anduin serves only to further sylvanas plot.
    Yep. Its hard to tell which of them is more cancerous to the plot but at least Anduin is not an "active" force of destruction of WoW.

wow in general is not an example of very high quality plot and writing.
    But compared to the others, Sylvanas is really the most interesting and charismatic character left. Garrosh and Varian were dead, but they were good, too.
    Well, Gallywix also had charisma, but he was also removed.

She doesn’t have to be relevant. Whatever fate befalls upon her she will be one of those characters that will fade to the background. She may die or become a figurehead of some kind or she will be tucked away for another day like Azshara.

They need to get rid of Sylvanas ASAP. It's past the point of recycling and fatigue with her. Like seriously, can we have someone NEW?

Current story revolves around Anduin. We're in Shadowlands to save ANDUIN, Jailer wants ANDUIN and only him, Sylvanas gets owned by ANDUIN. Every character gets slowly turned into Anduin sycophant.

make her the new jailer of the maw, ez clap

At the end Anduin will talk no jutsu her, she'll turn good and say "I had to do this cause I knew the jailers plans, I was azeroths only hope"

OR she'll become the new jailer, either way I promise you sylvannas isn't going anywhere.

Never underestimate Blizzards terrible writing

Bioware did something similar in SWTOR with terrible writing

A character loyal to the player betrayed them, tried to kill them 3 times, and completely helped in destroying their military might and at the end he says "Just kidding, I only did it to stop them cause they were spying on us and I wasn't able to tell you, i'm a good guy" thankfully in swtor you can still kill him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Current story revolves around Anduin. We're in Shadowlands to save ANDUIN, Jailer wants ANDUIN and only him, Sylvanas gets owned by ANDUIN. Every character gets slowly turned into Anduin sycophant.
    Sorry but i disagree.
    Sylvanas started the genocides to feed the maw, she opened the portal to the maw and she is helping the jailer do whatever.
    We are not in shadowlands to save anduin - we just want to kill/defeat the jailer. Anduin can die and it does not matter.
    Jailer obviously has a fetish for light-wielding blonde boys considering both arthas and anduin are almost a carbon copy so stop kink shaming him.

Sylvanas does not get owned by anyone at any time for anything, her pet danuser makes sure of that...
    Even in the last cutscene with the sword its all about her again, her past her feelings her decisions her thoughts her her her her her her...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Surely she cannot just die or become a blip in history. If they kill her, it would be the same as if they killed any other major classic character like Jaina or Thrall, or at least never hade them mentioned or shown again. Fans would go apeshit.

I really think Blizzard put themselves in a corner by making her a villain (at least we have further info on what's going on).
    "Fans" would not go apeshit. Only Danuser would. We had way too much Sylvanas since Legion. Your memory might be a little foggy about this, but Sylvanas appeared in the last three xpac cinematic trailers...

Personally, I feel like she can die in a carcrash. Who in his right mind wouldn't wish a genocidal maniac gone...? Well, other than some edgy edgelords anyways.

The story revolves around Anduin.
    Varock has an honor problem ... he's going to talk to Anduin.
    The Horde has done a genocide to the Kaldorei ... It doesn't matter why Anduin forgives them.
    The jailer has a plan so he needs prisoners ... He only has Anduin left and we give him two cinematics.
    Sylvanas has a scene that would make sense with Dalarin or his sisters ... but not Anduin.

Anduin is getting into every possible place always providing the message of peace from him.

Literally the last cinematic is the same talk that Dalarin and Sylvanas had. With the difference that in Dalarin and Sylvanas it did make sense for Sylvanas to break down because that's where Arthas was turning. Sylvanas there was killing herself.

Now Sylvanas is far beyond Arthas. Why does it matter now that Anduin has mercy on her?