Zone mounts tied to covenants?

On wowhead post people are stating mount drops like geiger, harika, hopecrusher are tied to covenants. Wondering if that is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Wondering if that is true or not.
    Don't have to wonder for long. If they were locked to only dropping for members of the zone-relevant Covenant, they would be Covenant mounts instead of zone mounts.

No. I got the Loyal Gorger in Revendreth as Night Fae.

On wowhead post people are stating mount drops like geiger, harika, hopecrusher are tied to covenants. Wondering if that is true or not.
    Hopecrusher is Venthyr only, Geiger requires a necrolord to start the boss but the loot is not covenant bound like hopecrusher, Harika i am not sure.

Brewmaster
    I can confirm, I have the Plageroc (Geiger drop) as a Night Fae.

Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Its a case by case basis, Hopecrusher you need to be venthyr to loot, Harika is lootable by anyone. The new one from Sabriel needs Necrolord to loot for example.

Look at your mount journal, in your filter you can see an option to show Unusable. If the mount suddenly appears there after checking it when you it isn't there when its unticked, then you cannot loot it.

A good rule of thumb is that only the mounts based on the covenant specific mount is exclusive to the covenant.

Geiger is not exclusive since the appearance is not the Tauralus given to all Necrolords. However the mount from Sabriel and Tahonta is because it is a Tauralus mount.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Can I just say this sucks. Bet many people kill Hopecrusher every day without knowing about it - I know I did for a few days. Anyway, 1-2 years from now I figure we can switch covenant on the fly.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Hopecrusher is 100% venthyr only, both to get and to use. Tahonta will be necrolord only whenever his mount actually becomes available.

Gieger and all the other maldraxxus bosses, Famu, Harika, Worldedge Gorger, etc all of those are fair game.

Yes. Gieger, Harika and Valfir's mounts require you to be Necrolord, Venthyr and Night Fae respectively to loot. Once learned, you can use them on any characters.

Hopecrusher requires you to be Venthyr to loot and use it.

Tahonta's mount currently doesn't drop at all but if it did, would work like Hopecrusher: Necrolord to loot it and Necrolord to mount it.

If you doubt these claims, feel free to go to the Secret Finding Discord. There's plenty of verified reports proving this and no legitimate reports disproving it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A good rule of thumb is that only the mounts based on the covenant specific mount is exclusive to the covenant.

Geiger is not exclusive since the appearance is not the Tauralus given to all Necrolords. However the mount from Sabriel and Tahonta is because it is a Tauralus mount.
    This only applies to using it. No non-Necrolords can use Tauraluses, no non-Venthyr can use Gargons, no non-Kyrians can use Phalynxes and no non-Night Fae can use Runestags.

But Gieger, Harika and Valfir's mounts are soft-Covenant locked in the sense that you won't be able to loot them if you're not the right covenant. Once you've looted and learned them, you can use them on any character, however.

Sundancer, Ascended Skymane, Endmire Flying Tether, Loyal Gorger, Gorespine, Blisterback Bloodtusk, Slime-Covered Reins of the Hulking Deathroc and Gnawed Reins of the Battle-Bound WArhound, however, can be looted by anyone regardless of covenant.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    Harika only requires a Venthyr to start the pull, but the mount is lootable by anyone.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Harika only requires a Venthyr to start the pull, but the mount is lootable by anyone.
    wrong! so much misinformation in this thread

Harika only drops for venthyr
    Hopecrusher only drops for venthyr

Geiger only drops for necro

Valfir only drops for nightfae

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes. Gieger, Harika and Valfir's mounts require you to be Necrolord, Venthyr and Night Fae respectively to loot. Once learned, you can use them on any characters.

Hopecrusher requires you to be Venthyr to loot and use it.

Tahonta's mount currently doesn't drop at all but if it did, would work like Hopecrusher: Necrolord to loot it and Necrolord to mount it.

If you doubt these claims, feel free to go to the Secret Finding Discord. There's plenty of verified reports proving this and no legitimate reports disproving it.

- - - Updated - - -

This only applies to using it. No non-Necrolords can use Tauraluses, no non-Venthyr can use Gargons, no non-Kyrians can use Phalynxes and no non-Night Fae can use Runestags.

But Gieger, Harika and Valfir's mounts are soft-Covenant locked in the sense that you won't be able to loot them if you're not the right covenant. Once you've looted and learned them, you can use them on any character, however.

Sundancer, Ascended Skymane, Endmire Flying Tether, Loyal Gorger, Gorespine, Blisterback Bloodtusk, Slime-Covered Reins of the Hulking Deathroc and Gnawed Reins of the Battle-Bound WArhound, however, can be looted by anyone regardless of covenant.
    This guy knows!