Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unrealistic things people do in TV dramas that you don't really see in life

I will start

When two people are having a conversation and someone is around the corner listening in , never would happen in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    People breaking the fourth wall

*Dude, who the fuck are you talking to?"
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Women finding it "romantic" eventually when a dude is super persistent about chasing them after they've initially expressed a lack of interest.
    Might sound like a cliche, but if she finds him to look good enough that CAN work. Seen it with a male coworker that kept hitting on a female one, after a few months she decided to give him a chance.

My cliche: people so thick they can't take any hint unless they get slapt in the face.
    Last edited by segara82; 2021-01-08 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Making a large breakfast; pancakes, eggs, coffee, cereal, OJ, toast only MOMENTS before the kids and parents have to leave for school/work. And not one ever eating or storing that shit.

I legitimately know millionaires who do not do that. It's fucking absurd.

It's one thing to not eat all the food, but no one is taking the time to personally cook all that in the morning and timing it such that just as you pour a mountain of scrambled eggs on your son's plate he grabs a piece a toast says, "Gotta jet, mom!" and dad has one sip of coffee while holding on to his tie before saying, "My meeting is at 10! Gotta run!"

No.

The Dumbest fucking trope in all of entertainment.

The perfect goodbye/heart felt 1on1 time with a loved one dying or close to death.

Yeah no....real life is a lot more sudden and if not sudden than the person's illness makes it difficult for them to talk let alone process what you are saying. Plus there are normally doctors, or other people in the room doing busy work making it uncomfortable.

So you never get the epic goodbye like you do in the movies where you basically make up for lost time, resolve any conflict and give them a loving smile everything will be ok all in one 10minute monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So you never get the epic goodbye like you do in the movies where you basically make up for lost time, resolve any conflict and give them a loving smile everything will be ok all in one 10minute monologue.
    No, this can happen. Not too uncommon either. Happened with my dad, grandmother, and aunt.

Also my mother worked with people who had Parkinson's and with hospice care- it can indeed be sudden. But also caretakers are pretty skilled at getting the family together to say goodbye.

Often 1-on-1 goodbyes are preferred too. Such as again, with my own grandmother we each got to go in throughout her last day and have a talk with her. 1-on-1.

It does happen. It's just people may not always experience death so frequently and the times when it is sudden are more notable.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread again?

Parking directly in front of whatever building they're going to.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh God, he's back with vengence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Ohh God, he's back with vengence.
    Kinda see him as a chicken version of the energizer bunny at this point he keeps going...

Like he gets banned, ban expires and hes right back to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    People breaking the fourth wall

*Dude, who the fuck are you talking to?"
    You don't break the 4th wall just freak out the person watching the simulation or your NSA handler?

Hi Keith.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You don't break the 4th wall just freak out the person watching the simulation or your NSA handler?

Hi Keith.
    Lmfao.

It’s worse than people who speak in 3rd person. Like Bob Dole talking about Bob Dole.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

*shrugs*
    Do people watch these shows because they want to see how real-life they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ending a conversation with a clear-cut sentence and walking away while the other one looks stunned in disbelief.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmfao.

It’s worse than people who speak in 3rd person. Like Bob Dole talking about Bob Dole.
    Lord Pebbleton doesn't like when people speak in 3rd person. He finds it very weird

Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, like people withholding vital information to the drama at hand because they felt it might hurt someones feelings, but end up hurting peoples feelings in the end by withholding the information, them seemingly learning from it then doing it again next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I will start

When two people are having a conversation and someone is around the corner listening in , never would happen in real life.

You're saying that eavesdropping never happens in real life? What?

The Rock says know your role, jabroni!

I think the biggest thing that annoys me are people who keep secrets about shit that obviously needs to be known by other characters.

Like, lack of basic human communication.....sometimes between characters who supposedly love and care for each other......is the laziest way to create drama among characters who otherwise like each other. "How could you keep this secret from me! Can I even trust you any more?!?" Goddamn it angers me.

I will start

I had 2 "friends" that did that a few times.

I will start

That's not unrealistic.

Eavesdropping is a thing that happens. It happens so often that we even have a word to describe the phenomenon.

What is somewhat unrealistic is when the two people know that the third person is in the house somewhere and they decided to have a loud conversation about them anyway.

But just stopping and listening to a conversation when the other people don't know you're there? That's happens all the time. I do that. I'm pretty sure you have as well.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-11 at 03:07 AM.

Every show I feel like they have a character that knows some obscure as fuck knowledge that is necessary to know in that moment at that moment. "Well it was in fact Pharaoh Hat-har in 3180 BC that discovered if you take a light and bring about the curvature of the lines to a 37 degree incline at the height of noon on the winter equinox it would give you the latitude of the southern hemispheres triangular function resulting in a cross equation given us the number 47128, that is the passcode to the vault!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.