Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
... LastLast
  1. #321
    There's also curse of exhaustion, a baseline 50% slow with no cd for spiteful or kiting in general.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

    So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    U applied 150 times n never it occured to u to make ur own group?...

    Sorri, but im confused...

  3. #323
    Welcome to Warlock life in M+.

    You're basically a firemage without the utility or budget hunter without the utility. The only actual unique utility Warlock has is Healthstone and it's mostly a "nice to have" thing and not essential like lust provided by Mages/Hunters.

    DPS-wise Warlock is really not bad at all in M+, I'd say about Fire Mage level. But Mages provide a MUCH sought after lust that every decent party wants given the drums nerf, while Hunters simply do pure mongo DPS.

    So yes, so it happens that every party nobrainer looking for Mage/Hunter because lust and that's one DPS spot gone, then they usually want melee for more interrupts, so you end up competing for single remaining DD spot with bajillion other applicants out of which Warlocks are not particularly the best or obvious choice anyway.

    Anything other than HS - name it and you will find out other classes can do too and often do better anyway. Warlocks do make more sense in Plaguefall with banish, but then Boomkins can get same results with Entangle anyway while having usually better DPS and CR.

    That's why things are as they are - people here can build castles in the sky all they like with their warlock spell lists, but it's simply down to what's trash or rarely useful vs what's actually essential - thus people beeline Mages/Hunters.

  4. #324
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    I exclusively play my own and my friends keys. You have a key and/or friends no?
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    What utility have they gained in the past 2-3 weeks?

    - - - Updated - - -



    You seem like the type of person who does something the hard way, just to do it and tell people you did it the hard way while they are done and did it the easy way.
    healthstone, combat res, aoe stun, interrupt? that is literally what mage has, except u trade immunity for hearhstone and combat res. U keep proving that u have no clue about the game

  6. #326
    I don't pug, so I rely on Guildies to run Keys... as a Healer that's no usually a problem, but it's a small Flex/Heroic guild so there are weeks where I struggle to run more than a few Keys.

    Anyway, if I were to Pug, I'd make my own group with own Key instead of spamming others for an invite. I realise this gets difficult when you need X dungeon to finish your seasonal achievement, but honestly what's the rush?

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    healthstone, combat res, aoe stun, interrupt? that is literally what mage has, except u trade immunity for hearhstone and combat res. U keep proving that u have no clue about the game
    People come up with these shitlists, but in reality the only thing worthwhile Warlocks bring there is HS. Everything else you can get off just about anyone. A lot of classes can CR and all engineers can as well. But when it comes to actual utility that gets in you groups - Mages shit on Warlocks simply because of Time Warp.

    Every utility aside HS can be replaced by many other classes and specs. And HS itself is just a nice to have thing, hardly something people actively seek out when they fill out the group.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Since you misunderstood me, I'll repeat it, since the only toddler here is the OP. When people tell you to make your own group, they're not telling you to PUG, They're literally telling you to form a squad you can run with on a regular basis, since that's the intent of the M+ system to fucking begin with. The point still stands. Make your own group, quit bitching, and fucking deal with it. Or as others would say, L2P and git gud.
    It’s difficult to learn playing and gitting gud if no one invites you because you’re not the fotm class/spec, you know.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    your pugging as a non meta dps class. Its basicly like trying to do a marathon with 1.
    NoN mEtA dPs

    https://imgur.com/a/NCzod8n

    There are Aff Warlocks doing higher keys than Marks Hunters right now. Why bother bringing them at all? They have a brez, gateway, cookies and potentially more damage. Don't need the lust you'll probably already have a Mage. Interrupt CD is the same. MD is sorta pointless. Strange.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People come up with these shitlists, but in reality the only thing worthwhile Warlocks bring there is HS. Everything else you can get off just about anyone. A lot of classes can CR and all engineers can as well. But when it comes to actual utility that gets in you groups - Mages shit on Warlocks simply because of Time Warp.

    Every utility aside HS can be replaced by many other classes and specs. And HS itself is just a nice to have thing, hardly something people actively seek out when they fill out the group.
    Damage is a MASSIVE factor in M+ and Aff Warlocks have it in spades.
    Last edited by Guilford; 2021-01-14 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If anyone still believes Sylvanas is responsible, you've not been paying attention.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Malviouz View Post
    Make your own group and stop crying.
    You have no control over what dungeon your key will be for. If the guy is looking for a specific dungeon to complete his final couple of dungeons how can he do that....

    I mean he can try and get someone with that key to join his group but that is probably harder than finding a group with that key to invite him.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Damage is a MASSIVE factor in M+ and Aff Warlocks have it in spades.
    It's not a unique thing for Warlocks, that all and even then - it's definitely not the S tier Hunter crap.

    It really does not matter what happens in +20 keys and shit like that, where Aff has actual time to set up the shop. The problem is where 95% of population is - namely 15 and lower.

  12. #332
    The problem also is that 90% of population plays dps specs. It's way easier to get a spot as a tank or healer but sadly not all classes have such luxury.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's not a unique thing for Warlocks, that all and even then - it's definitely not the S tier Hunter crap.

    It really does not matter what happens in +20 keys and shit like that, where Aff has actual time to set up the shop. The problem is where 95% of population is - namely 15 and lower.
    Where does the meta mindset come from? What is it based on? The 20+ keys. You just posted a bunch of garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If anyone still believes Sylvanas is responsible, you've not been paying attention.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

    So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    You're a warlock. You bring damage and nothing else. If you happen to use the dog it's still a 24 second interrupt and ya for no real utility other than a gate (how useful is this?) and I guess health stones but could just bring hp pots and bring a useful class. So you are left with either make a group yourself or reroll.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    You're a warlock. You bring damage and nothing else. If you happen to use the dog it's still a 24 second interrupt and ya for no real utility other than a gate (how useful is this?) and I guess health stones but could just bring hp pots and bring a useful class. So you are left with either make a group yourself or reroll.
    uSeFuL cLaSs

    Aff Warlocks are legit S tier right next to Hunters, Mages and Boomies. HONK HONK
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If anyone still believes Sylvanas is responsible, you've not been paying attention.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's not a unique thing for Warlocks, that all and even then - it's definitely not the S tier Hunter crap.

    It really does not matter what happens in +20 keys and shit like that, where Aff has actual time to set up the shop. The problem is where 95% of population is - namely 15 and lower.
    But at keys, what, 13 and lower the meta doesn't matter at all- you could bring 3 Survivals, a prot war and a disc healer and time any key. People act like it matters because they're shit, but I've never seen as many bad MM hunters, mages and boomkins as now in my own keys when the FOTM rerollers think they're suddenly hot shit as they do less than 4k overall damage in a +12 dungeon and fail at mechanics but blame the tank. I don't think most of the population hovers around the 15 key range as of now- just the most vocal portion of it, just as I believe the most vocal raiders are those who have AOTC now and begin trudging through Mythic; they're the worst metaslaves of them all as well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Where does the meta mindset come from? What is it based on? The 20+ keys. You just posted a bunch of garbage.
    Bruv, you just showed one small snippet of warlocks ever being placed there. That all.

    Don't get too cocky. In the end of the day what defines meta is not one off week, but what actually happens thorough the season.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But at keys, what, 13 and lower the meta doesn't matter at all- you could bring 3 Survivals, a prot war and a disc healer and time any key. People act like it matters because they're shit, but I've never seen as many bad MM hunters, mages and boomkins as now in my own keys when the FOTM rerollers think they're suddenly hot shit as they do less than 4k overall damage in a +12 dungeon and fail at mechanics but blame the tank. I don't think most of the population hovers around the 15 key range as of now- just the most vocal portion of it, just as I believe the most vocal raiders are those who have AOTC now and begin trudging through Mythic; they're the worst metaslaves of them all as well.
    This does not matter what you could bring. It matters what people want to bring. People want lust, people want easy mongo dps. Thus mages and hunters are going in. That all. There is no gamble there.

    The OP posted whatever he posted not of boredom, he did it because it is legit that warlocks are not a hot invite in M+ to the extent a few golden children of this season are, not even close.

    You don't even need to be dishonest about it - go search for +15. You will have plenty of "MAGE" and shit like that in requests. Good luck seeing "lock" there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-01-15 at 12:27 AM.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Bruv, you just showed one small snippet of warlocks every being placed there. That all.

    Don't get too cocky. In the end of the day what defines meta is not one off week, but what actually happens thorough the season
    Good point. Good thing you can set it to ALL AFFIXES and they're still A and I'm sure they're gonna have more S weeks coming up due to having the gear they needed to scale. Because, you know, they have mad damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If anyone still believes Sylvanas is responsible, you've not been paying attention.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Bruv, you just showed one small snippet of warlocks ever being placed there. That all.

    Don't get too cocky. In the end of the day what defines meta is not one off week, but what actually happens thorough the season.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This does not matter what you could bring. It matters what people want to bring. People want lust, people want easy mongo dps. Thus mages and hunters are going in. That all. There is no gamble there.

    The OP posted whatever he posted not of boredom, he did it because it is legit that warlocks are not a hot invite in M+ to the extent a few golden children of this season are, not even close.

    You don't even need to be dishonest about it - go search for +15. You will have plenty of "MAGE" and shit like that in requests. Good luck seeing "lock" there.
    Not denying that it's there- as I said that key range is where people are the worst meta slaves. My point is more that many of them are being idiots who don't see further than raider.io's guides. Maybe things will turn around in a month when people realize that tons of rerollers can't play the game for shit no matter what meta class they use, who knows, I'm not being optimistic but stranger things have happened. I know that in my keys, I've actually had more success avoiding hunters and mages now because it means I actually get players who know their class and don't get free invites, or high IO people who know their shit but are insufferable about it.

    One thing I will say is that dungeons feel harder this expansion compared to BFA and especially Legion, and especially on Tyrannical where even on +12 some bosses feel harder than half the Mythic bosses I progressed on (hi, Sanguine Depths and Necrotic Wake) where one misstep means a pretty much guaranteed wipe. That probably causes at least some of the attitude I bemoan.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  20. #340
    To those saying "make your own group", have you tried doing that as a dps? Every time I try I get maybe 1 other dps queue up after 10 mins. Never any tanks or healers.

    Id love to make my own group but its not easy as a solo dps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •