Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Where did I claim a 3000 IQ sport? I get it, you want people to feel sorry for you... I dont... Not Sorry.
    So you were not able to answer? Let me break it to you, since you can't even read what you are writing it seems.

"Perhaps, its attitudes like yours that are causing folks to not invite any warlocks, because they dont want YOU in their group. Just something for you to consider."

When the talk is about getting invited in pugs, %99.999 of the time the dudes dont know you. So they don't have a clue of how you act, period. Not before an invite at least. You make the 3000 iq statement of because you are "Toxic" in a forum post, the toxicity is the reason you are not getting invited. When people don't, can't and will not know that, even if I was the most toxic person in the world. Not only you make a asinine comment that has nothing to do how pugs invite, just to sound smart, you are incapable of making the connection when someone calls you on it.

Also, you are connecting how i argue with you in a forum, where I am a tad bit annoyed how most of the people giving the most clueless, ignorant replies sometimes like how warlocks "don't have interrupts" etc when they have the same interrupt cds as mages and hunters, to how every warlock act towards random people...

So , let me ask again, how does people know how i act at all before they invite me and never see or played with me before? How do they know I am "toxic"? Or are you saying most warlocks are toxic? What that does anything to do with anything in this thread which is mostly about how people invite people to their m pluses, in pugs? Why you try to defend your asinine comment via dodging my question?
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-01-17 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    So you were not able to answer? Let me break it to you, since you can't even read what you are writing it seems.

"Perhaps, its attitudes like yours that are causing folks to not invite any warlocks, because they dont want YOU in their group. Just something for you to consider."

When the talk is about getting invited in pugs, %99.999 of the time the dudes dont know you. So they don't have a clue of how you act, period. Not before an invite at least. You make the 3000 iq statement of because you are "Toxic" in a forum post, the toxicity is the reason you are not getting invited. When people don't, can't and will not know that, even if I was the most toxic person in the world. Not only you make a asinine comment that has nothing to do how pugs invite, just to sound smart, you are incapable of making the connection when someone calls you on it.

Also, you are connecting how i argue with you in a forum, where I am a tad bit annoyed how most of the people giving the most clueless, ignorant replies sometimes like how warlocks "don't have interrupts" etc when they have the same interrupt cds as mages and hunters, to how every warlock act towards random people...

So , let me ask again, how does people know how i act at all before they invite me and never see or played with me before? How do they know I am "toxic"? Or are you saying most warlocks are toxic? What that does anything to do with anything in this thread which is mostly about how people invite people to their m pluses, in pugs? Why you try to defend your asinine comment via dodging my question?
    Most people are not looking at ilv since anything below a 1.4-1.5k doesn't really matter this week. Most look for highest completed for the dungeon in question. Very few want to risk someone who doesn't already have it timed on the level they are running.

Wait till next week when it's easy and you will see people lighten up a lot more. What is your ilv as well if I may ask? I know it's hard for people below 215 to get into groups as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Most people are not looking at ilv since anything below a 1.4-1.5k doesn't really matter this week. Most look for highest completed for the dungeon in question. Very few want to risk someone who doesn't already have it timed on the level they are running.

Wait till next week when it's easy and you will see people lighten up a lot more. What is your ilv as well if I may ask? I know it's hard for people below 215 to get into groups as well.
    Oh, i already got the mount and got my achi, even did a few +16s. My I lvl atm is 218, and I will buy the boes (since why not got money), it will raise to 220 at the very least I assume, probably to 221-222 range if I am lucky with great vault. Dont think I will push keys for a while though, I find pvp at the very moment much more lucrative than anything else, also seems more fun. Unless they add a way to get 233 weapons from keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Sorry the only thing I took away from this is that you've run 84+ dungeons a week and haven't made a single friend.
    Honestly people don't want to talk in groups, when you finish a dungeon almost every single time the other 4 people leave immediately after, maybe saying ty before they go. Healers and tanks are the first to leave. Even when levelling this is the case. I always ask if people want to requeue again, but people arent interested in getting to know each other or playing with the same people and working together to achieve goals, it absolutely is something Blizzard should address. I can think of something off the top of my head right here right now that could be something that could help.

Perhaps if you random queue into a dungeon, then requeue with at least the majority of the group (3 members) for a second dungeon, there are extra rewards, xp bonuses, etc. Something needs to be done to persuade this behavior. It would be interesting to see if they could weave some kind of reset based bonuses to, to persuade the same people to queue the next week together. Again, that's just an idea off the top of my head but you get the idea and work with it and I'm sure you can come up with something that might work.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Honestly people don't want to talk in groups, when you finish a dungeon almost every single time the other 4 people leave immediately after, maybe saying ty before they go. Healers and tanks are the first to leave. Even when levelling this is the case. I always ask if people want to requeue again, but people arent interested in getting to know each other or playing with the same people and working together to achieve goals, it absolutely is something Blizzard should address. I can think of something off the top of my head right here right now that could be something that could help.

Perhaps if you random queue into a dungeon, then requeue with at least the majority of the group (3 members) for a second dungeon, there are extra rewards, xp bonuses, etc. Something needs to be done to persuade this behavior. It would be interesting to see if they could weave some kind of reset based bonuses to, to persuade the same people to queue the next week together. Again, that's just an idea off the top of my head but you get the idea and work with it and I'm sure you can come up with something that might work.
    There is also that the fact that some people don't want to be friend everybody they see in dungeons. I did added people in my dungeons here and then, but sometimes people come out as miserable, toxic, annoying etc. Even if you add 1 person from each run (highly unlikely imo, you would not be friends with 1 of 5 random dude in the street due different reason), that doesnt mean people will have magically fill their keys or get key invites since people play in different levels and times. They might be busy in the time you are doing keys etc.

Will it help that you add people in your friends list for future? Yes. Will it magically fill all your groups? No. So the pug experience still bloody matters in my book.

Oh, i already got the mount and got my achi, even did a few +16s. My I lvl atm is 218, and I will buy the boes (since why not got money), it will raise to 220 at the very least I assume, probably to 221-222 range if I am lucky with great vault. Dont think I will push keys for a while though, I find pvp at the very moment much more lucrative than anything else, also seems more fun. Unless they add a way to get 233 weapons from keys.
    Kinda envy the pvp option. I can't really find a group in any bracket for hunter above 1.7k they seem to just shun the class.

Not that I blame them though. We need some kinda tool or maybe a touch of burst though aimed shot doesn't feel good to play around.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Kinda envy the pvp option. I can't really find a group in any bracket for hunter above 1.7k they seem to just shun the class.

Not that I blame them though. We need some kinda tool or maybe a touch of burst though aimed shot doesn't feel good to play around.
    Rbg groups seems to be not so picky if you current rating macthes with the groups current rating. It is , imo, much more easier than arenas too. I am not so experienced in pvp, so I find rbg environment a bit easier than 3v3s.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post

Really? Your groups don't all say hello? You don't initiate a hello? You don't thank or ask for a summons or ask if folks need one?

Look, I'm more than guilty of immediately taking off in a leveling dungeon and just pulling crap. Especially if I'm on a tank with a good amount of self healing - or really just any class provided the dungeon level is rather low. Then at the end of it just bailing, the exception being timewalking where if I get in with a good group and want the weekly quest done for my loot box I'll see if they want to run again.

We're not talking leveling dungeons though.

We're talking about M+, where at both keys low and high you talk things out to one degree or another.

Even if it's just killing the skull your group is communicating and at the end of it almost everyone will say "gg."

It's at that point or before the final boss that if you haven't been chatting in the group and it's gone well that you speak up and make some friends.

Regarding random groups though, I've often wished that they just had an "upvote" system, where at the end of a run you can upvote someone and if they also upvoted you then you have a higher chance of being paired with them in future dungeons.

No downvote, just an up.

Rbg groups seems to be not so picky if you current rating macthes with the groups current rating. It is , imo, much more easier than arenas too. I am not so experienced in pvp, so I find rbg environment a bit easier than 3v3s.
    They are getting rather picky in my battle group they want pretty specific comps.. I don't overly care I'm six mythic bosses in but I do want me my transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Really? Your groups don't all say hello? You don't initiate a hello? You don't thank or ask for a summons or ask if folks need one?

Look, I'm more than guilty of immediately taking off in a leveling dungeon and just pulling crap. Especially if I'm on a tank with a good amount of self healing - or really just any class provided the dungeon level is rather low. Then at the end of it just bailing, the exception being timewalking where if I get in with a good group and want the weekly quest done for my loot box I'll see if they want to run again.

We're not talking leveling dungeons though.

We're talking about M+, where at both keys low and high you talk things out to one degree or another.

Even if it's just killing the skull your group is communicating and at the end of it almost everyone will say "gg."

It's at that point or before the final boss that if you haven't been chatting in the group and it's gone well that you speak up and make some friends.

Regarding random groups though, I've often wished that they just had an "upvote" system, where at the end of a run you can upvote someone and if they also upvoted you then you have a higher chance of being paired with them in future dungeons.

No downvote, just an up.
    No I mean Im just generally explaining the gist of the experience, Im extremely social in groups, so always talk, whether that be hello, summon, ask for something, I'm never afraid to use the chat, but a lot of people just fucking ignore you haha. People don't really talk, interact, or care, and that's perfectly understandable yet sad. Im just saying in general Blizzard could absolutely do something to persuade a more positive experience, the idea you mentioned, is also a great one. I haven't got the time to sketch out a fully fledged and foolproof idea but I think its something that should be fairly high on Blizzards priorities because to put it bluntly, the pug experience, is pretty terrible.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    Not everyone invites based off of raider.io. I actually think it's a terrible system for pugs because it doesn't tell you if that player is a leaver or not. I rarely pug but when I do, there's often a leaver.

Back on topic, in my personal experience, I don't think Warlocks are very good in M+. I started this expansion off as a Warlock but was having a real bad time in M+ so I switched to my Hunter where I'm the king of utility. Healthstones are ok and the Gateway is nice (if they even use it) but their interrupt is only on one pet, their stun has a cast time, Fear can cause mobs to pull more and they don't have any buffs. The best part about Warlocks is the battle res which is covered by better classes anyways.

You're better off finding a guild or community or making friends to run with. It's a way better experience than pugging. There are some toxic players out there with anger issues.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I have no issue inviting X class/spec, as long as you don't have a russian name. No ruski is my only rule

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    I have no issue inviting X class/spec, as long as you don't have a russian name. No ruski is my only rule
    i normally brake my own rule on that mainly when i have been looking for a tank/healer for like 15 mins+ and they are 1st to sign. my main evasion when making a grp is warriors and lock due to lack of utility that they provide to a grp

I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    Fire mage of course. Or MM hunter. Or boomy. Or rogue. Yet again with this meta shit.

So what I find extra annoying, is that some people won't believe you when you say you applied to more than 150 dungeons. The typical ignorant response is "everyone gets rejected dude, get over it, we all have it happen." I've heard this from boomies and fire mages. I just shake my head at their ignorance.

I do believe you. Why? Because I myself one day applied to over 200 dungeons without a single acceptance. Some filled ofc; but most were just flat out rejections. And I was applying to keys well beneath me since my io wasn't getting me relevant stuff. The requirements keep going up. I actually had a guildy who experienced this on his lock alt and he was like 'holy crap you weren't kidding man; i can't get any invites as a lock (his main is a fire mage lol). He won't even touch his lock now bc he doesn't have hours to sit spamming applications. I don't blame him. I try to run with friends/guildies; but they are only doing +12s rn so it's a bit lower than i want.

If you haven't guessed it yet, I'm also a warlock, AFF. People are a slave to the meta. I don't know what to tell you. I've never been in love with the wow community; but I don't remember it being as bad/toxic as it currently is. I see people getting treated like trash all the time this xpac. Just read some of these responses to get an idea of the sorta trolls that's been normalized in the community. It sucks. But i'm not sure it's gonna get any better any time soon unless we become part of the meta with the next tuning pass. The toxicity will remain however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Players are garbage, honestly. The community has turned super toxic and Blizzard waited too long to correct problems that just make it worse. Things like this aren't going to change, and it's worse for people who don't play meta/strong classes.
    yep. Agreed. It seems to me more toxic than in previous years. Just read some of these answers in this thread. I'm so glad I'm in a guild with mature people who don't tolerate that kinda crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Not everyone invites based off of raider.io. I actually think it's a terrible system for pugs because it doesn't tell you if that player is a leaver or not. I rarely pug but when I do, there's often a leaver.

Oh man for sure! Sooooo many leavers. IO needs to figure out some way to record who left first and let that be public knowledge. Can you imagine if they could do this and it be retroactive? They could tell in the past as well? I can dream of this justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    If you haven't guessed it yet, I'm also a warlock, AFF. People are a slave to the meta. I don't know what to tell you. I've never been in love with the wow community; but I don't remember it being as bad/toxic as it currently is.
    It's not the community's fault that some specs are strictly better than others in M+.

Blizzard is to blame, not people trying to maximise their chances of timing their key.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's not the community's fault that some specs are strictly better than others in M+.

Blizzard is to blame, not people trying to maximise their chances of timing their key.
    Its a anectode but i seen a lot of shit people who play "meta" classes in last 5 days its not even funny. At this point i think it minimize your chances since everybody and their grandma is rerolling to those classes. At least the people who hand around at low and mid range keys.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post

Oh I agree Blizz is absolutely to blame. I mean my immediate answer to the OP was to roll one of the meta classes. Blizz shows little sign of fixing meta stuff that's been carried over for several tiers now in m+. So ya, my reply was very much, roll x,y,z, cause io score alone isn't good enough for a lot of people. And that's very much blizz's fault. Agreed.

But people are also foolish, toxic, and abusive with this meta requirement. Try being a lock, spamming 40 applications, finally being invited, food, flasking, oil, then dropping cookies, then immediately kicked. People are dirtybags about this stuff. Blizz is certainly to blame; people are too. The blame isn't mutually exclusive.

Sadly people are blinded by meta...
    Super toxic