Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    did i miss anything or should anyone just stand in line, ignore all other DPS applying and invite you bcs you want them to?
    there is abundance of dps, so yes, unless you are waaaaay better than anyone else who applies (good luck with that) you just have to get lucky

    or get some people to play with regularly, although if this post is any indication of your attitude ingame i can see why you have problem with that...
    nobody owes you a spot in their group sure, but you can certainly put it on blizzard that there are always undesirable specs/classes. sure sometimes the specs are actually not that bad and it's just the meta being a self fulfilling prophecy, but often enough it's just the specs toolkit/numbers balance too.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Judging a whole class because one "idiot/baddie/whateverinsult"?Today on my DOS 16 key, a dh tank quite literally pulled 1 rage mask mob and a whole platform, flamed the healer by calling him subhuman thrash. This is after he tried to face tank everything without kiting. So by this logic I should never take dh tanks in the future whenever its fortified? Plus your argument is literally locks having zero interrupts when locks share the same interrupt cd with mages. Casters in general don't have short interrupts, only exception is shaman.
    i have yet to find a lock that brings anything other than brez to necrotic wake, sadly i cant go on score as it apparently means nothing....

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if locks have 3 interrupts why are they NEVER on the interrupt meter?#

    and after my last experience with a alffi lock in necrotic wake ill never take 1 again
    Because they're bad at it? That isn't something that's going to magically change for having a mage though.
    And a warlock has flexibility by being able to swap to an imp to purge themselves which is really helpful for several bosses (Devos and Kul'tharok come to mind)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i'm pretty sure every lock spec has had an interrupt since time immemorial, they just never voluntarily play it.
    You're not wrong, but it was with SL pre-patch that they finally allowed Demonology's felguard to interrupt, by making the ability Axe Toss interrupt stun immune targets.

    And while demo could technically swap to felhunter to interrupt, it's a massive gimp to them to do so since it guts them quite a bit.

  4. #44
    I invite people purely based on if i like their character name and race/class combo.

  5. #45
    What did you get from my post? I do add people and I do have friends. Sadly most of my friends don't like M plus at all because its not worth it for them, so they only do a key for their weekly and be done with it.

    Also I was not doing a lot of m plus either, I was just spamming my key since start of this week like a madman to raise my rio, because this week is rather simple and its a good week to get the mount. I don't enjoy M plus, it feels shitty compared to raiding and atm I only do heroic raiding. Basically I did bulk of my m plus in last 2-3 days. My complaint was that since start of this week, I been accepted to Zero groups. I have much easier time on my mage, which is less geared and not in the same rio level.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    nobody owes you a spot in their group sure, but you can certainly put it on blizzard that there are always undesirable specs/classes.
    honestly, that is not a blizzard issue, thats people issue, your class can do 1% less than other and some people wont invite you bcs you are not "meta"

    anyhow, thats not important to what i said anyway, i play frost DK so i get declined in 95% groups i apply to, but you dont see me making post about it how there is something wrong with people for not inviting me, bcs they dont owe me shit, its their decision...

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because they're bad at it? That isn't something that's going to magically change for having a mage though.
    And a warlock has flexibility by being able to swap to an imp to purge themselves which is really helpful for several bosses (Devos and Kul'tharok come to mind)



    You're not wrong, but it was with SL pre-patch that they finally allowed Demonology's felguard to interrupt, by making the ability Axe Toss interrupt stun immune targets.

    And while demo could technically swap to felhunter to interrupt, it's a massive gimp to them to do so since it guts them quite a bit.
    it might change with a mage more likely to than with a affli lock tho and locks never seem to use their felhound

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're not wrong, but it was with SL pre-patch that they finally allowed Demonology's felguard to interrupt, by making the ability Axe Toss interrupt stun immune targets.

    And while demo could technically swap to felhunter to interrupt, it's a massive gimp to them to do so since it guts them quite a bit.
    stun immune targets only is hardly a buff considering how many trash mobs can be stunned. and thats on a 1min CD too isn't it?

    and yeah, because it's a massive dps loss is exactly why it's a bit... creative... to say locks have an interrupt and they never voluntarily play it.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    it might change with a mage more likely to than with a affli lock tho and locks never seem to use their felhound
    Again though, that isn't an issue with the class and more of the players.

    I mean, I see melee who refuse to interrupt all the time despite being the role with the shortest interrupt usually, that doesn't mean though I should never invite a melee.
    And like I said, just because a mage doesn't rely on a pet doesn't magically make the interrupt more. Or you know, it could go the other way and they're just interrupting on CD even wasting their interrupt, but it looks good at least on meters.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    it might change with a mage more likely to than with a affli lock tho and locks never seem to use their felhound
    Apart from few bosses, there is no reason for a warlock to not use felhound in m plus if there is anything interruptable in general. One exception is the lich boss in TOP, where you can purge yourself from the dot istantly and pretty much off cooldown. What you are complaining is that the players you played with was a bit clueless. That doesn't mean the spec/class is bad. If you did 100 m plus I can bet that you will see clueless people from any class. It's just not only a warlock thing.

  11. #51
    This is going off Legion experience, but as soon as I initiate a key as tank/healer (or in best case scenario, tank/healer comb), I will get 2-3 pages of requests, within 10 seconds, that would count as qualify or overqualify.

    I'm sorry, but that's the reality of things; there are massively more dps than healer/tanks. Regardless of how qualified or overqualified you are there are just that many more that are as, or more qualified, than you are. Other than solving the tank/healer issue there is no way around this.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    stun immune targets only is hardly a buff considering how many trash mobs can be stunned. and thats on a 1min CD too isn't it?

    and yeah, because it's a massive dps loss is exactly why it's a bit... creative... to say locks have an interrupt and they never voluntarily play it.
    It's 30 seconds, and it matters a hell of a lot on several mobs (The goliaths in SoA).

    And it's only a massive DPS loss to demonology.

    Which...is rarely played right now anyway, so it's pretty irrelevant?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

    So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    But youre close, hold on to that and dont lose hope. Thats a mount I'll never get. I have a 210 WW monk and I dont get invited to anything above a 7.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Sorry the only thing I took away from this is that you've run 84+ dungeons a week and haven't made a single friend.
    I've been playing this game for 13 years and have no friends. Just cause you run dungeons doesnt mean people will auto friend you.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Apart from few bosses, there is no reason for a warlock to not use felhound in m plus if there is anything interruptable in general. One exception is the lich boss in TOP, where you can purge yourself from the dot istantly and pretty much off cooldown. What you are complaining is that the players you played with was a bit clueless. That doesn't mean the spec/class is bad. If you did 100 m plus I can bet that you will see clueless people from any class. It's just not only a warlock thing.
    i know what you mean by melee not interrupting, but ill try wording it this way and see if you understand, if as a hunter i am going into wake, why would i take a class that could use a interrupt but doesn't want to because it gimps their dps?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's 30 seconds, and it matters a hell of a lot on several mobs (The goliaths in SoA).

    And it's only a massive DPS loss to demonology.

    Which...is rarely played right now anyway, so it's pretty irrelevant?
    30secs is not bad at all, sounds like something that might be brought in line with other casters in the future.

    but as this conversation demonstrates: it's going to take a while for this to become common knowledge.

  16. #56
    Ion thinks that providing poor balance year after year after year is gucci. The only way to beat Ion is with your wallet.

    I want an expansion where "good balance" is a feature instead of Torghast or Islands.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i know what you mean by melee not interrupting, but ill try wording it this way and see if you understand, if as a hunter i am going into wake, why would i take a class that could use a interrupt but doesn't want to because it gimps their dps?
    Maybe because it doesn't gimp their dps? Pet dps is normalized aka you do the same damage with your damage pets, only exception is demonology warlock because they use a felguard, in destro and affli its the same shit that you use a imp or a fel hunter. They have different abilities and most of the time you use a fel hunter because of the interrupt. Your argument is only valid if the warlock you are talking about is demo, and in that case they still have a interrupt, just on a 30 sec cd instead of 24.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    But youre close, hold on to that and dont lose hope. Thats a mount I'll never get. I have a 210 WW monk and I dont get invited to anything above a 7.



    I've been playing this game for 13 years and have no friends. Just cause you run dungeons doesnt mean people will auto friend you.
    To be honest WW monk is pretty dope atm, so I am suprised you have issues finding groups considering they are really good. Plus its a less saturated class so most of the people who plays WW tends to be on the good side. At least thats my experience.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Maybe because it doesn't gimp their dps? Pet dps is normalized aka you do the same damage with your damage pets, only exception is demonology warlock because they use a felguard, in destro and affli its the same shit that you use a imp or a fel hunter. They have different abilities and most of the time you use a fel hunter because of the interrupt. Your argument is only valid if the warlock you are talking about is demo, and in that case they still have a interrupt, just on a 30 sec cd instead of 24.

    - - - Updated - - -



    To be honest WW monk is pretty dope atm, so I am suprised you have issues finding groups considering they are really good. Plus its a less saturated class so most of the people who plays WW tends to be on the good side. At least thats my experience.
    well then every lock ive played whit is stupid then, every1 of them say i dont wana gimp my dps for utility

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Exactly this. Have you considered that the problem might not be your io or you as a player, but that they simply don't want your class? Reliable interrupts are very important in many M+ currently.
    Then they also don't want mages because they share the same amount of interrupts as a warlock. Just out of curiosity, is this warlocks not interrupting at all is a common thing? I am genuinely curious now.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    For what I've heard from high rank players is that warlocks have zero interrupts or utility
    Exactly this. Have you considered that the problem might not be your io or you as a player, but that they simply don't want your class? Reliable interrupts are very important in many M+ currently.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    High single target and cleave damage, they have an interrupt and a purge with felhound, and they have an AoE stun.
    A Fire mage has all that except the aoe stun. And of course, can also dispel curse and have purge on demand, not to mention it's a class with Lust. Not shitting on warlocks, just poining out the things you mentioned are not a differential. Locks bring a (kinda) long cast brez and poprocks to the table, and that's it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •