Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How everybody instantly assumes people are always taking fotm classes. Maybe they take simply another WL?

Maybe they shy away from someone that only needs 1 more key for his ACM out of fear he /she/it will leave after the smallest mistake cause the key might not be in time?

You are one of a million DPS players.

Do you own key or build up a friendlist. It is simple as that.

No one has to take you for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    I usually just invite the highest ilv people that apply in the first 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    Maybe they shy away from someone that only needs 1 more key for his ACM out of fear he /she/it will leave after the smallest mistake cause the key might not be in time? .
    this is what goes through my mind when i see a Russian signing they seem to be the 1st be bail a key at 1st sign of issues

when im doing a 8 or 9 and i see someone with 800-1k score signing i shy away form them as they are only there to time it and i dont want my key ruined by them especially if its necrotic

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i have tryed my guild are normally busy with 11/12 and most of them are back to work

- - - Updated - - -

i do that but i haven't seen any do it when in not on my hunter its weird, all tho i havent seen a mm hunter dismiss his pet once he's summoned it
    Find a different guild,or heck join a comunity and make some relations with people,i dont understand how no1 in your guild is able to help you...mine also have work and progressing mythic and we have time for a few m+ every night,get 2 friends and pug the rest or something

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Find a different guild,or heck join a comunity and make some relations with people,i dont understand how no1 in your guild is able to help you...mine also have work and progressing mythic and we have time for a few m+ every night,get 2 friends and pug the rest or something
    i dont know either i've been asking in guild since reset for help with my 12 but i just get ignored, i have the worst luck with finding people, iah its is starting to drive me away from m+ as a gear source, as im normally stuck doing lower keys then my gear due to score, guess its because im a trial....maybe

I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    sorry but I somehow doubt you are telling the truth.
    My feral has only 1100 rio and even I got invited to +15 keys. I get your frustration tho since I have to apply to A LOT of keys until I get an inv. The problem is that people just copy what they see that best players are doing and that there are are WAY more dds than tanks and healers. Why invite a certain class when you could invite one which does more dps and has more utility?
    Solution: Add people from previous keys to friendlist, especially heal/tanks. Make friends. Join a proper guild. Run keys with people out of that pool.
    If you don't wanna do that the only solution to get better invites is to play a meta spec.

Guess you just don't have what it takes to achieve your dreams.

This is why you make your own groups with your keys.
    Was in the same spot when I just gave up trying to join other people's groups. Community is just messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Make. Your. Own. Group.
    I too suffer from getting invited to high keys. If I cared enough I would make my own groups and level my own keys. I can do that. I have the same tools as everyone else. So why don’t I? Probably the same reason as you: laziness mixed with a sense of not wanting any responsibility in a game other than doing what am invited to a group to do.
    i always laugh at "+15 your key" groups.

I feel you .. I also play a warlock and it can be really hard to get into groups, specially in the prime time hours, it's literally impossible. I've seen the highest rated rio lock getting declined in keys, so it's not only you or lower geared players that getting declined. I think it's kinda Blizzard fault for making 4-5 classes that's just purely better than other classes at m+, like Mage, Boomies, Hunters, DK's, WW's, and i never really remember it being this bad. I mean BFA had Rogues in every key, but now it just feels like +15 is only for fotm classes. But i also have to say some people take min/maxing and what they see on stream waaaaaayy to serious, because Gingi completed a +20 key with 2 hunters doenst mean you need to bring 2 hunters to your +15 key, and it kinda feels like it's the perception from the community that you need to min/max your key as much as possible, and i kinda understand why since everyone is just trying to time it the easiest way possible, but people also need to realise that you don't need the best setup in order to complete a +15, every single class in the game can complete a +15 if they are good players. It might be a different talk if you try to time +20 keys
    Last edited by Rumex; 2021-01-09 at 04:10 PM.

Imagine if there was discord or some sort of community for mythic dungeons.

It sounds to me like you need to work on making a consistent push group and get away from pugging.

10+ Year Old Account
    no but that dosen't mean ill risk taking one to find out wither they are good or not

I have never encountered somebody so clueless until I read all of your posts in this thread. You are either grossly exaggerating your encounters with "bad warlocks" or you are quite literally the unluckiest person in the entire World of Warcraft. You must sit underneath a ladder with broken mirrors at your feet while petting your black cat with all of your bad luck.

i dont know either i've been asking in guild since reset for help with my 12 but i just get ignored, i have the worst luck with finding people, iah its is starting to drive me away from m+ as a gear source, as im normally stuck doing lower keys then my gear due to score, guess its because im a trial....maybe
    "I have the worst luck finding people". You come across as a dude with preconcieved ideas about everything "I met a bad lock so locks are bad!" level of trash logic.

No wonder you can't assemble groups or make friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    For what I've heard from high rank players is that warlocks have zero interrupts or utility
    We have a interrupt and aoe stun, self heals great cleave damage and with our gateway you can pass or skip certain dungeon areas when running timed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "I have the worst luck finding people". You come across as a dude with preconcieved ideas about everything "I met a bad lock so locks are bad!" level of trash logic.

No wonder you can't assemble groups or make friends.
    lol i literally have had the worst with grp grps, you got no idea what ive been through while trying to increase my score and no its not "one locks bad all are" its more a handful of locks are bad best not risk running with 1

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Guess you just don't have what it takes to achieve your dreams.
    I just did today, after I pushed 47 of my own keys this week. Problem still the same, didn't get a single invite, in order to get the De other side key, had to push 6 keys. that is 3 hours even if you don't count the travel and lfg time. And I am assuming each key takes 30 min, it doesn't. Just to have an ATTEMPT to push the key. Just to set a foot to the dungeon. 1330 rio btw, 217 I lvl atm btw. But apprently I can't do a pug dos +15 key even after god know how many fucking applications. Rio is not something that gets you invited unless your rio is 300-400 higher than the approptriate level, or you have 225 or some ridicilous gear it seems. Its irrevelant that I perform better than most of the fire mages in my rio level, just because most of the community think warlocks are utter garbage, or they want a free carry with their 900 rio score and asking 1.4 k rio for bloody 15s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    We have a interrupt and aoe stun, self heals great cleave damage and with our gateway you can pass or skip certain dungeon areas when running timed.
    That's not all. We got a permanent %25 damage reduction in pridefull add, since curse of weakness reduce the pride tick rate, we are prolly easiest class to heal, we do competitive damage if not better depending on the player/pull. We can dispel ourselves in few bosses making healers life easier. Got a purge but it irrevelant at horde since everybody and their mother are blood elves. We got cr, albeit a shitty one because of its cast. We got the same interrupt cd as a mage, plus we can death coil or havoc death coil if you play destro. We got really good burst damage, which is good for hard tyranical bosses. But its irrevelant, since people don't know the difference between a +15 key and a +19/20 key. They just try to pacth their gameplay by stacking "meta" classes and hoping for a ez carry. The whole pug community is a festering shithole.
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-01-09 at 08:51 PM.

Have you ever made a group on your own? I guess not...

It's not so much that people have ridiculous requirements or anything, but it's just the fact that there are sooo many other DPS who are signing up as well. You are not the only player with a 1.3k rio score and ilvl215. Plenty of people are on the same level as you are and some are even higher... and even then some players are playing a class/spec that is more desired.

Yeah sure there are players who do want to get carried and and require everyone else to be over the top, but they can do that simply because they can, since many players are gonna sign up on their sheet (especially if there is already a tank and healer in the party). It's nothing personal.

The only things you can do against it are:
    - Make your own group/get a group of friends/join a guild for this purpose
    - Reroll to a more desirable class/spec or just play a healer or tank
    I know neither of these "solutions" are ideal, but that's just how it is. Since I can't really commit to a guild, I just decided to roll as a tank/healer (monk) and only do dps if my dps is FOTM.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-01-09 at 08:58 PM.

I will actively whisper warlocks apps after denying them and say stop being trash and reroll hunter, boom or mage. Same thing to all warriors of any spec. report them for trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Pretty funny how the covenant elitism hasn't really materialized, it's just the same old problems with the meta. I mostly play shadow, which means if my friends aren't on I absolutely have to pug as a healer to have any chance of getting a group.

Fundamentally though this is just about the market of dps. If I make a group, I will instantly get a billion dps trying to get in. If I wait 10 seconds, I can get meta everything - MM, WW, Balance, whatever. There's no bonus for taking a class that will probably perform worse, all things being equal. I mean, I wouldn't take another shadow priest, so why would I expect anyone to take me?
    Cause you realize it takes more time to get X ilvl / similar M+ scores as a non meta class, therefore you could broadly conclude that the non meta player with similar achievements will on average be of higher caliber