Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

What is bloody wrong with people?

I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?

For what I've heard from high rank players is that warlocks have zero interrupts or utility

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

Players are garbage, honestly. The community has turned super toxic and Blizzard waited too long to correct problems that just make it worse. Things like this aren't going to change, and it's worse for people who don't play meta/strong classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    Sorry the only thing I took away from this is that you've run 84+ dungeons a week and haven't made a single friend.
    Last edited by Shelly; 2021-01-08 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Late torghast, 5am snow plowing, math hard

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually playing in a 4-man-premade group looking only for one DD and I'll always take the first damage dealer that has enough gear. But I can't talk for the majority, because I'm doing that out of protest (and it didn't lead to fails yet). I hate this shit as much as you do.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    For what I've heard from high rank players is that warlocks have zero interrupts or utility
    High single target and cleave damage, they have an interrupt and a purge with felhound, and they have an AoE stun.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    High single target and cleave damage, they have an interrupt and a purge with felhound, and they have an AoE stun.
    Is the same what a mage can do but better I guess.

I mean, I can see what you are saying but I don't really agree with zero utility part. For example curse of weakness reduces pridefull's tick ratio by %20 because for some reason pulsing aoe count as a melee swing, which is a permanent damage reduction cd on every pride. We got hs, a Combat ress (a shitty one I might add but still), gateway depending on the dungeon, etc.

well, at least you get declined at high level keys. My main is a 200ilvl rogue and I have to spam for an hour to get an invite for a +6 xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Players are garbage, honestly. The community has turned super toxic and Blizzard waited too long to correct problems that just make it worse. Things like this aren't going to change, and it's worse for people who don't play meta/strong classes.
    I don't think it is toxic. A warlock has nothing a group "really" wants. Either you do insane damage, or you bring stuff like lust, knocks, ae stuns, frequent interrupts etc. Lock does not do that, ergo few invites. Honestly, if I am making a grp as a single dps, taking a lock as a first pick, just puts pressure on me finding more optimal tanks/healers. And if the group is close to being finished, I either look for e.g. lust, more kicks or whatever, and if that is not needed, I have the option to go for a meta pick, because at this point there are literally 100 people in the queue to join my key.

exactly this its why ill never take a lock to necrotic or sanguine for example REGUARDLESS OF SCORE

Is the same what a mage can do but better I guess.
    Counterspell has the same CD as Felhound interrupt, and mage has no interrupt or healthstones.

The only real benefit of bringing a mage instead of a lock is Time Warp, which is honestly the break considering the most popular hunter spec is MM and good luck trying to convince one of them to get a pet out to lust.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    exactly this its why ill never take a lock to necrotic or sanguine for example REGUARDLESS OF SCORE
    You'd be wrong though then.

You have no idea how many people are applying for the same spot you are. Why would they take you when a better candidate applied at the same time. PuGs are basically just luck of the draw. There are SO many dps players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

ok yeah, that is pretty nasty, just spamm your own key.
    Last edited by edw; 2021-01-08 at 08:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Make your own group and stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Sorry the only thing I took away from this is that you've run 84+ dungeons a day and haven't made a single friend.
    Honestly this is my take away as well. If you do this many dungeons you should have a roster of friends who want you. Like I've got an entire battletag friends list full of mythic + bitches because of how I play in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Sorry the only thing I took away from this is that you've run 84+ dungeons a day and haven't made a single friend.
    I think I'm missing something, could you explain your math?

Welcome o the world of frost mages lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think I'm missing something, could you explain your math?
    The math is obviously off, but his point is sound

10+ Year Old Account
    let me offer some illumination to your question, unless you're in the top 1% of gear level, or R.io score upon inspection, while playing what is considered an 'off meta' class/spec, then you aren't being invited it's as simple as that, the playerbase is like a hivemind and the trickledown effect is pretty strong, so if you play an 'on meta' class/spec then you're more likely to get invited to groups because it is PERCEIVED that you will perform better than a well geared player of an 'off meta' class/spec, by virtue of the fact that the 'on meta' class/spec has utility that benefits a group in that specific instance, or has some kind of class ability that is built around due to the enemy types etc, this has been the case for a very very long time now, and only amplified when M+ became a thing in legion, and back then the only reason i got into high key groups was because i was in that top 1% bracket for raid content/R.io score/gear level etc, just either accept you're gonna struggle to get groups unless you make your own, or keep plugging away until you get into what you're looking for, that's your only options assuming you aren't interested in rerolling and playing the 'on meta' class/spec of the week/month etc.