Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People will start inviting you to 15s, once your rio shows that you have completed everything on a 17. That's how this system works. So yeah, doing your own keys seems to be the only option, sorry.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Pretty funny how the covenant elitism hasn't really materialized, it's just the same old problems with the meta. I mostly play shadow, which means if my friends aren't on I absolutely have to pug as a healer to have any chance of getting a group.

Fundamentally though this is just about the market of dps. If I make a group, I will instantly get a billion dps trying to get in. If I wait 10 seconds, I can get meta everything - MM, WW, Balance, whatever. There's no bonus for taking a class that will probably perform worse, all things being equal. I mean, I wouldn't take another shadow priest, so why would I expect anyone to take me?

people have confused competitive with viable. esports ruin games in the end

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think I'm missing something, could you explain your math?
    I was up too damn late and did 12 time 7 and meant to say week and instead said day. :-)

Either way, the point still stands. If you're in an M+ run that goes well you should be reaching out and bolstering your friends list.

I've been tanking low shit and already added 2 healers at running only 6 a week without my guild.

To copy my strategy from way back in the BC I'd just be friending anyone that had half a brain or could CC and kill skull. (Which of course is how my regular non-Bnet friends list is full of names of abandoned healers and hunters.)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Damn man, according to post 3 that makes you a garbage person and toxic on top. Sorry
    i don't care I'm not taking a class with no interrupt to a caster heavy dungeon

DPS applications are more than dime a dozen on desirable keys, and +15s most definitely are. They get flooded with dozens of applying DPS so of course they will take meta picks everything else being equal, and the leader has to cover lust and brez on top of that (yes, I know locks have brez).

If you think that sucks, try pugging as Fury. Ain't no way I get in any key above 8 if I don't use my own.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    DPS applications are more than dime a dozen on desirable keys, and +15s most definitely are. They get flooded with dozens of applying DPS so of course they will take meta picks everything else being equal, and the leader has to cover lust and brez on top of that (yes, I know locks have brez).

If you think that sucks, try pugging as Fury. Ain't no way I get in any key above 8 if I don't use my own.
    OOf yea, nothing personal but if I noticed a warrior I invited was fury I'd boot them. Even arms is meh for high keys.

And this scumbaggery my friends is why it's so hard to get in

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i don't care I'm not taking a class with no interrupt to a caster heavy dungeon
    Again, you'd be wrong still.

All 3 lock specs have interrupts now.
    I'm not sure why people seem to be living in BfA still thinking locks are garbage for M+, they're actually pretty well represented now, especially Affliction being a top contender.

But I guess it's because they're not hunters or fire mages? Not like that matters for 90% of keys anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Again, you'd be wrong still.

I'm not sure why people seem to be living in BfA still thinking locks are garbage for M+, they're actually pretty well represented now, especially Affliction being a top contender.

But I guess it's because they're not hunters or fire mages? Not like that matters for 90% of keys anyway.
    if locks have 3 interrupts why are they NEVER on the interrupt meter?#

and after my last experience with a alffi lock in necrotic wake ill never take 1 again

if I might bring some advice, then I'd suggest you start befriending the people you run keys with. You're bound to meet some of the same people eventually so why not make some new friends and get into a group through that? I'm part of a guild that ran 12-15's all the way through BfA and we often got friends and family in those groups.

So either you should really find some dungeon buddies or join one of the many guilds that offer this kind of relaxed attitude towards suboptimal specs/classes.

(I have no idea if you're already doing this, but it doesn't seem like it. If I'm wrong then please forgive me )

if it's taking you that long, switch strategy. farm gold instead of dungeons and buy a boost.

if locks have 3 interrupts why are they NEVER on the interrupt meter?#

and after my last experience with a alffi lock in necrotic wake ill never take 1 again
    I think he means each spec has an interupt

Also judging a class by a single player can really bite you in the arse

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    i'm pretty sure every lock spec has had an interrupt since time immemorial, they just never voluntarily play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    I think he means each spec has an interupt

Also judging a class by a single player can really bite you in the arse
    yeh last time i took a affli lock it was necrotic wake on my bm hunter he was complaining about me not dpsing ads i did 21% of my dmg to em he did...4% then he left the grp....

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    OOf yea, nothing personal but if I noticed a warrior I invited was fury I'd boot them. Even arms is meh for high keys.
    Which is a bit silly, because Fury's AoE is actually good on up to 5 targets, often exceeding Arms, and while warriors don't have the best utility we still have a decent amount of useful stuff like Battle Shout, Piercing Howl, Commanding Shout, Spell Reflect and Challenging Shout on top of good survivability. Sure, for a +15 right now meta classes like Hunters, Druids and such are just easier and safer, but being told Warriors are shit by people failing their +9s and +10s even while choosing metas? That's just the kind of nonsense I hate about the pugging community.

Plus we all know even deep in season 1 people will still decline non-meta classes even if by then many players will be 215/220 and even in +15s skill will matter more than anything else.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

did i miss anything or should anyone just stand in line, ignore all other DPS applying and invite you bcs you want them to?
    there is abundance of dps, so yes, unless you are waaaaay better than anyone else who applies (good luck with that) you just have to get lucky

or get some people to play with regularly, although if this post is any indication of your attitude ingame i can see why you have problem with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Which is a bit silly, because Fury's AoE is actually good on up to 5 targets, often exceeding Arms, and while warriors don't have the best utility we still have a decent amount of useful stuff like Battle Shout, Piercing Howl, Commanding Shout, Spell Reflect and Challenging Shout on top of good survivability. Sure, for a +15 right now meta classes like Hunters, Druids and such are just easier and safer, but being told Warriors are shit by people failing their +9s and +10s even while choosing metas? That's just the kind of nonsense I hate about the pugging community.

Plus we all know even deep in season 1 people will still decline non-meta classes even if by then many players will be 215/220 and even in +15s skill will matter more than anything else.
    I mean when we do have to pug as we mainly go guild groups we'll typically look at IO and completions at 14+ which is what we run. That said, that's basically it. If I have a meta class player and a non meta class player of quantifiably level skill ground via IO. It'd be silly not to go with the meta as it were than risk it on an offspec as it were.

When you have hundreds of DPS applying to your key when you list there's no reason to play the odds is what i mean.

yeh last time i took a affli lock it was necrotic wake on my bm hunter he was complaining about me not dpsing ads i did 21% of my dmg to em he did...4% then he left the grp....
    Judging a whole class because one "idiot/baddie/whateverinsult"?Today on my DOS 16 key, a dh tank quite literally pulled 1 rage mask mob and a whole platform, flamed the healer by calling him subhuman thrash. This is after he tried to face tank everything without kiting. So by this logic I should never take dh tanks in the future whenever its fortified? Plus your argument is literally locks having zero interrupts when locks share the same interrupt cd with mages. Casters in general don't have short interrupts, only exception is shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    did i miss anything or should anyone just stand in line, ignore all other DPS applying and invite you bcs you want them to?
    there is abundance of dps, so yes, unless you are waaaaay better than anyone else who applies (good luck with that) you just have to get lucky

or get some people to play with regularly, although if this post is any indication of your attitude ingame i can see why you have problem with that...
    nobody owes you a spot in their group sure, but you can certainly put it on blizzard that there are always undesirable specs/classes. sure sometimes the specs are actually not that bad and it's just the meta being a self fulfilling prophecy, but often enough it's just the specs toolkit/numbers balance too.