Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Rbg groups seems to be not so picky if you current rating macthes with the groups current rating. It is , imo, much more easier than arenas too. I am not so experienced in pvp, so I find rbg environment a bit easier than 3v3s.
    They are getting rather picky in my battle group they want pretty specific comps.. I don't overly care I'm six mythic bosses in but I do want me my transmog.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone invites based off of raider.io. I actually think it's a terrible system for pugs because it doesn't tell you if that player is a leaver or not. I rarely pug but when I do, there's often a leaver.

Back on topic, in my personal experience, I don't think Warlocks are very good in M+. I started this expansion off as a Warlock but was having a real bad time in M+ so I switched to my Hunter where I'm the king of utility. Healthstones are ok and the Gateway is nice (if they even use it) but their interrupt is only on one pet, their stun has a cast time, Fear can cause mobs to pull more and they don't have any buffs. The best part about Warlocks is the battle res which is covered by better classes anyways.

You're better off finding a guild or community or making friends to run with. It's a way better experience than pugging. There are some toxic players out there with anger issues.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I have no issue inviting X class/spec, as long as you don't have a russian name. No ruski is my only rule

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    I have no issue inviting X class/spec, as long as you don't have a russian name. No ruski is my only rule
    i normally brake my own rule on that mainly when i have been looking for a tank/healer for like 15 mins+ and they are 1st to sign. my main evasion when making a grp is warriors and lock due to lack of utility that they provide to a grp

I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    Fire mage of course. Or MM hunter. Or boomy. Or rogue. Yet again with this meta shit.

So what I find extra annoying, is that some people won't believe you when you say you applied to more than 150 dungeons. The typical ignorant response is "everyone gets rejected dude, get over it, we all have it happen." I've heard this from boomies and fire mages. I just shake my head at their ignorance.

I do believe you. Why? Because I myself one day applied to over 200 dungeons without a single acceptance. Some filled ofc; but most were just flat out rejections. And I was applying to keys well beneath me since my io wasn't getting me relevant stuff. The requirements keep going up. I actually had a guildy who experienced this on his lock alt and he was like 'holy crap you weren't kidding man; i can't get any invites as a lock (his main is a fire mage lol). He won't even touch his lock now bc he doesn't have hours to sit spamming applications. I don't blame him. I try to run with friends/guildies; but they are only doing +12s rn so it's a bit lower than i want.

If you haven't guessed it yet, I'm also a warlock, AFF. People are a slave to the meta. I don't know what to tell you. I've never been in love with the wow community; but I don't remember it being as bad/toxic as it currently is. I see people getting treated like trash all the time this xpac. Just read some of these responses to get an idea of the sorta trolls that's been normalized in the community. It sucks. But i'm not sure it's gonna get any better any time soon unless we become part of the meta with the next tuning pass. The toxicity will remain however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Players are garbage, honestly. The community has turned super toxic and Blizzard waited too long to correct problems that just make it worse. Things like this aren't going to change, and it's worse for people who don't play meta/strong classes.
    yep. Agreed. It seems to me more toxic than in previous years. Just read some of these answers in this thread. I'm so glad I'm in a guild with mature people who don't tolerate that kinda crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Not everyone invites based off of raider.io. I actually think it's a terrible system for pugs because it doesn't tell you if that player is a leaver or not. I rarely pug but when I do, there's often a leaver.

Oh man for sure! Sooooo many leavers. IO needs to figure out some way to record who left first and let that be public knowledge. Can you imagine if they could do this and it be retroactive? They could tell in the past as well? I can dream of this justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    If you haven't guessed it yet, I'm also a warlock, AFF. People are a slave to the meta. I don't know what to tell you. I've never been in love with the wow community; but I don't remember it being as bad/toxic as it currently is.
    It's not the community's fault that some specs are strictly better than others in M+.

Blizzard is to blame, not people trying to maximise their chances of timing their key.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's not the community's fault that some specs are strictly better than others in M+.

Blizzard is to blame, not people trying to maximise their chances of timing their key.
    Its a anectode but i seen a lot of shit people who play "meta" classes in last 5 days its not even funny. At this point i think it minimize your chances since everybody and their grandma is rerolling to those classes. At least the people who hand around at low and mid range keys.

Oh I agree Blizz is absolutely to blame. I mean my immediate answer to the OP was to roll one of the meta classes. Blizz shows little sign of fixing meta stuff that's been carried over for several tiers now in m+. So ya, my reply was very much, roll x,y,z, cause io score alone isn't good enough for a lot of people. And that's very much blizz's fault. Agreed.

But people are also foolish, toxic, and abusive with this meta requirement. Try being a lock, spamming 40 applications, finally being invited, food, flasking, oil, then dropping cookies, then immediately kicked. People are dirtybags about this stuff. Blizz is certainly to blame; people are too. The blame isn't mutually exclusive.

Sadly people are blinded by meta...
    Super toxic

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a anectode but i seen a lot of shit people who play "meta" classes in last 5 days its not even funny. At this point i think it minimize your chances since everybody and their grandma is rerolling to those classes. At least the people who hand around at low and mid range keys.
    Well I mean, as a warlock myself, let's face it. Meta is meta because of actual valid reasons.

I can pound my chest all I like about how I am with ilvl 223 and 1300 RIO most definitely am more than eligible to 15s and yes - I can give fire mages a run for their money, but the truth is that average group would benefit from Mage/Hunter more simply due to actual useful utility.

Every half decent M+ group wants lust, so that's already one DPS spot reserved for Mage/Shaman (or ghetto lust Hunter). So you have 2 spots left for all the other plebs and there you have some obviously superior choices like Hunters, who do ungodly DPS in M+ with their Wild Bullshit/Volley. What Warlock offers for these 2 spots? Decent DPS and HS - that all.

Balance aside, first and foremost the biggest fuckup of Blizz this expansion is drums nerf. They rationalized it with wanting to give Mages/Hunters extra appeal for M+, due to concerns of their utility being a bit low, but that was a total misfire - instead of appealing they made them mandatory given the DPS they pump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unzd View Post
    Sadly people are blinded by meta...
    Super toxic
    I mean you say that - but what group that wants to get job done would go without lust/CR? It's really not about meta there of shit like that, it's simply utility that is essential for success of a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well I mean, as a warlock myself, let's face it. Meta is meta because of actual valid reasons.

I can pound my chest all I like about how I am with ilvl 223 and 1300 RIO most definitely am more than eligible to 15s and yes - I can give fire mages a run for their money, but the truth is that average group would benefit from Mage/Hunter more simply due to actual useful utility.

Every half decent M+ group wants lust, so that's already one DPS spot reserved for Mage/Shaman (or ghetto lust Hunter). So you have 2 spots left for all the other plebs and there you have some obviously superior choices like Hunters, who do ungodly DPS in M+ with their Wild Bullshit/Volley. What Warlock offers for these 2 spots? Decent DPS and HS - that all.

Balance aside, first and foremost the biggest fuckup of Blizz this expansion is drums nerf. They rationalized it with wanting to give Mages/Hunters extra appeal for M+, due to concerns of their utility being a bit low, but that was a total misfire - instead of appealing they made them mandatory given the DPS they pump.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean you say that - but what group that wants to get job done would go without lust/CR? It's really not about meta there of shit like that, it's simply utility that is essential for success of a run.
    I mean nobody is arguing against that lust/cr is important, warlocks has a CR but in my opinion a rather shit one since the cast time is so fucking long for something you need at that moment in many cases. What i was saying is, and i can defend this to an extent, generally people who stick to non meta classes and gets somewhere respectable have no incentives to do so but to enjoy the class/spec they are playing. Those people in general tend to stick out more in the same gear level/rio compared to a average dude. I seen your logs, you play destro mostly I think, how many aff people you see that in similar gear level and is totally clueless because they are only playing it because aff is better than destro at this very moment? Those specs tend to be swamped by FOTM rollers, thats what i meant in the post you commented on :P

However at same skill/gear level what you say is %100 percent true, but I just believe a 1300 rio off-meta spec is more skilled than 1300 meta spec on average, since meta class has every tool to get higher than off meta class and couldn't, be it easier invites or better utility/numbers.

Also, the drums and scroll nerf were the most clueless change I seen for a long while from blizzard. It had the opposite effect of what was intended by a long shot. Instead of making those classes more desired, they made them mandatory. So I fully agree with you there also.
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-01-19 at 10:18 PM.

I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    Tbh, I can't understand the logic of those ppl. What is rio essentially? The score that shows your efficiency and ability to do m+ content. Yours is clearly at the top. This means that you clearly know what you're doing and are capable of doing 15s. Yet for some reason people would rather take a class some youtuber said is great for m+ or the same boring fire mage/mm hunter that 99% of MDIs are done with even with 500-600 less rio. What exactly is the thinking behind those kinds of decisions is beyond me.

I sympathize with your situation. Can't fully relate cause I'm just 945 rio, but last week I got kicked out of a +4 that I wanted to do quickly for the weekly quest cause the 400 rio leader saw that I'm Frost and not Unholy. Makes total sense, sure.

simple, the content is too hard! People are struggling to complete the basic content to where they feel the need to be so restrictive of their group.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    simple, the content is too hard! People are struggling to complete the basic content to where they feel the need to be so restrictive of their group.
    I mean, I dont have a lot of experiences from bfa, but I don't think M-pluses are hard at all. If anything fucking legion M-pluses was too easy apart from SOT and cathedral, but that was because tuning was wacky as shit in those two as far as i remember.

I mean, I dont have a lot of experiences from bfa, but I don't think M-pluses are hard at all. If anything fucking legion M-pluses was too easy apart from SOT and cathedral, but that was because tuning was wacky as shit in those two as far as i remember.
    I'm 212 ilv and haven't managed to complete an 8 in time yet. In BFA I think I just quit after seeing how hard the dungeons were at max. In legion my group was able to do 14-15s pretty consistently.

OP is this you? https://raider.io/characters/eu/twis...on=season-sl-1

I would say playing Destro as lock is probably stopping you from getting into groups. It sucks, but Aff is king right now for Locks especially with their single target during Tyrannical weeks. You are doing high difficulty content. People expect you to min max for that.

Its a anectode but i seen a lot of shit people who play "meta" classes in last 5 days its not even funny.
    A lot of shit people play non-meta classes too.

A lot of shit people play non-meta classes too.
    But people have no reason to stick to a non-meta class apart from enjoying it, unlike the massive droves of people rerolling a meta class and have no clue to pilot it.

But people have no reason to stick to a non-meta class apart from enjoying it, unlike the massive droves of people rerolling a meta class and have no clue to pilot it.
    A person playing a non-meta class/spec is more likely to be shit simply because players who care about performance are more likely to choose the best spec/class available to them.

A person playing a non-meta class/spec is more likely to be shit simply because players who care about performance are more likely to choose the best spec/class available to them.
    Sure, forgot that this was a job and not a game. What a fantastic example of the community you are my dude.

But whatever, lets agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-01-20 at 06:01 AM.