View Poll Results: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

    58 33.72%
  • Yes.

    114 66.28%
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I have heard the phrase "Exile of the Right" recently, and this is a fine example.
    Well as your god king says, if you don't like it here, you are free to leave.

  2. #42
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,812
    Don't care if you think you're right, it's derailing. Stay on topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    Except the app isn't using Google's platform. It's using parler's own platform.
    Do they use the app store?

    That's the platform being discussed... not the only platform.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-01-09 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  4. #44
    Apple reportedly threatens to ban Parler app after Capitol Hill attack

    The social media platform has 24 hours to start improving its content moderation or Apple will expel it from the App Store, according to Buzzfeed.

    We have received numerous complaints regarding objectionable content in your Parler service, accusations that the Parler app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate the illegal activities in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 that led (among other things) to loss of life, numerous injuries, and the destruction of property. The app also appears to continue to be used to plan and facilitate yet further illegal and dangerous activities," Apple warned Parler on Friday, according to Buzzfeed.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    https://parler.com

    Pretty sure it's an independent website.
    And the people they rent space from for servers can get rid of them pretty easily, and if you can't download the app, it would be pretty hard to get the app.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Apple reportedly threatens to ban Parler app after Capitol Hill attack

    The social media platform has 24 hours to start improving its content moderation or Apple will expel it from the App Store, according to Buzzfeed.

    We have received numerous complaints regarding objectionable content in your Parler service, accusations that the Parler app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate the illegal activities in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 that led (among other things) to loss of life, numerous injuries, and the destruction of property. The app also appears to continue to be used to plan and facilitate yet further illegal and dangerous activities," Apple warned Parler on Friday, according to Buzzfeed.
    According to conservative facebook and reddit and other social media (I was watching their reactions to Trump getting twitter banned) the app is already gone from Android and Apple stores, and its not working on their phones.

  7. #47
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,090
    Parler wouldn't even exist if Twitter and Facebook actually upheld the rules equally. It's funny how Antifa claims they aren't an organization, yet somehow manage to pull out thousands or more to counter protests. Clearly they are organized. And all that destruction caused by BLM riots last year? How is that not an act of terrorism yet a bunch of stupid rednecks rushing the capitol building because the police are idiots is? Twitter has gotten better at improving the rules as well as enforcing them, so it's not just right wingers getting banned anymore, but they still have a long way to go in making the platform a level playing field.

    That said, a lot the issues with social media boil down to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, as well as the Digital Millennium Copyright act. Trump was trying to get 230 repealed so that it would put more pressure on the social media companies and tech giants to stop flip flopping on whether they are a platform or a publisher whenever it suits them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And the people they rent space from for servers can get rid of them pretty easily, and if you can't download the app, it would be pretty hard to get the app.
    lolololol, do you know how easy it is to backdoor install software on Android? Like, a child can figure out how to do it.

  8. #48
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Falun, Sweden
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Do they use the app store?

    That's the platform being discuused... not the only platform.
    To put this in real life comparison; What they want them to do is basically as useless as telling people they can't enter a place through Their entrance and have to take another entrance out of all the many entrances that exist.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Parler wouldn't even exist if Twitter and Facebook actually upheld the rules equally.
    They do. Conservatives just seem to have more problems following those rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How is that not an act of terrorism yet a bunch of stupid rednecks rushing the capitol building because the police are idiots is?
    Because they planned protests.

    Insurrectionists planned to take the Capitol building and put elected officials, including the Vice President, to death.

    This wasn't a random federal building or a private store, which doesn't make that damage acceptable. This was the Capitol building. That such a notion needs to be reminded to people is beyond me.

    The Capitol building is not a McDonalds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Trump was trying to get 230 repealed so that it would put more pressure on the social media companies and tech giants to stop flip flopping on whether they are a platform or a publisher whenever it suits them.
    No, it would kill social media. And this site. And most forums you enjoy. And most comments sections you see on the internet.

    Do y'all still not know what the fuck repealing 230 actually fuckin means?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's funny how Antifa claims they aren't an organization, yet somehow manage to pull out thousands or more to counter protests.
    Shit, you can organize only if you are an organization?
    My friends will be sad that I can't meet with them anymore
    (Can't anyway at the moment, but you get it...)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do y'all still not know what the fuck repealing 230 actually fuckin means?
    You expect them to learn something? From facts? lol

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    lolololol, do you know how easy it is to backdoor install software on Android? Like, a child can figure out how to do it.
    Given what was on display Wednesday...I'm pretty confident most of them could not figure it out.

    I mean, who wears their literal work badge with their name, employers name, and photograph on it when going to an attempted insurrection? Who gives themselves a heart attack by accidentally tazing themselves? Who pisses and shits in public?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    According to conservative facebook and reddit and other social media (I was watching their reactions to Trump getting twitter banned) the app is already gone from Android and Apple stores, and its not working on their phones.
    huh well no doubt another shall take its place unfortunately.

  13. #53
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given what was on display Wednesday...I'm pretty confident most of them could not figure it out.

    I mean, who wears their literal work badge with their name, employers name, and photograph on it when going to an attempted insurrection? Who gives themselves a heart attack by accidentally tazing themselves? Who pisses and shits in public?
    Oh I know, but it shouldn't be assumed that every Trumpette is some inbred redneck retard either. I mean, they were smart enough to plan insurrection.

    Oh, and didn't Trump just make it legal for firing squads to be used for death penalty punishments? And I'm pretty sure insurrection is treason and treason is met with the death penalty. Literally the government can line these morons up against a wall and mow them down. And I have no doubt that these people will all be caught and removed from society one way or another. And that will certainly be a positive for America as a whole.

  14. #54
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Falun, Sweden
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    According to conservative facebook and reddit and other social media (I was watching their reactions to Trump getting twitter banned) the app is already gone from Android and Apple stores, and its not working on their phones.
    They're lying then. The app is on the store and works perfectly fine.

  15. #55
    It's a cesspit and everyone that takes part in it will end up stinking of shit. Just let them get on and watch the service die.
    RETH

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    To put this in real life comparison; What they want them to do is basically as useless as telling people they can't enter a place through Their entrance and have to take another entrance out of all the many entrances that exist.
    For a real life example, it's like me telling you I will not sell your product in my store.

    Oh yeah, I happen to be the biggest store on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh I know, but it shouldn't be assumed that every Trumpette is some inbred redneck retard either. I mean, they were smart enough to plan insurrection.
    Naw, the Capitol Police let it happen, that's why.

    They were "smart" enough to...plan their attempted insurrection in public. And show up without masks. And frequently identify themselves by name and place of residency on camera while inside the Capitol building illegally.

    I mean, I'm increasingly warming up to the notion that every single one of them there, and a great many of them not there, are indeed inbred rednecks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh, and didn't Trump just make it legal for firing squads to be used for death penalty punishments?
    Not that I'm aware of, he just restarted federal executions.

    Because he's from the "pro-life" party, of course.

  18. #58
    Herald of the Titans TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It's a cesspit and everyone that takes part in it will end up stinking of shit. Just let them get on and watch the service die.
    Normally yes that would be fine, but problem is radicalization of the vulnerable people.

    Which can be sent on a maddening spiral of be swayed to commit violence against people. (The pharmacist that destroyed vaccines cause he over the Edge of Madness in Zul’Gurub)

    There is plenty of sick sociopaths/psychopaths that enjoy twisting the vulnerable into violent people.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-01-09 at 12:30 AM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What does that even mean?
    "Private companies won't let us spew hate and dangerously ignorant conspiracy theories on their platforms!"

    Basically they're failing at interpreting 1A again.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I have heard the phrase "Exile of the Right" recently, and this is a fine example.
    Some people want to take use of their 1st Amendment rights, and not associate with Nazis.

    Freedom is fucking awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •