Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    How about you stop being obtuse?
    I'm not the one trying to ignore what the hell the subject is about.

No, you're just the one who does not understand what deplatforming actually is and why you can't deplatform an independent website.
    Infowars was deplatformed off of YouTube.

YouTube was the platform, that doesn't mean InfoWars cannot still use their own website.

Alliance

I have heard the phrase "Exile of the Right" recently, and this is a fine example.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I have heard the phrase "Exile of the Right" recently, and this is a fine example.
    What does that even mean?

Discussion over, sounds like Parler has been deplatformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What does that even mean?
    Nazis are sad that their people are done with their hate speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Well as your god king says, if you don't like it here, you are free to leave.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't care if you think you're right, it's derailing. Stay on topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Except the app isn't using Google's platform. It's using parler's own platform.
    Do they use the app store?

That's the platform being discussed... not the only platform.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-01-09 at 12:10 AM.

Apple reportedly threatens to ban Parler app after Capitol Hill attack

The social media platform has 24 hours to start improving its content moderation or Apple will expel it from the App Store, according to Buzzfeed.

We have received numerous complaints regarding objectionable content in your Parler service, accusations that the Parler app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate the illegal activities in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 that led (among other things) to loss of life, numerous injuries, and the destruction of property. The app also appears to continue to be used to plan and facilitate yet further illegal and dangerous activities," Apple warned Parler on Friday, according to Buzzfeed.

https://parler.com

Pretty sure it's an independent website.
    And the people they rent space from for servers can get rid of them pretty easily, and if you can't download the app, it would be pretty hard to get the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Apple reportedly threatens to ban Parler app after Capitol Hill attack

The social media platform has 24 hours to start improving its content moderation or Apple will expel it from the App Store, according to Buzzfeed.

We have received numerous complaints regarding objectionable content in your Parler service, accusations that the Parler app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate the illegal activities in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 that led (among other things) to loss of life, numerous injuries, and the destruction of property. The app also appears to continue to be used to plan and facilitate yet further illegal and dangerous activities," Apple warned Parler on Friday, according to Buzzfeed.
    According to conservative facebook and reddit and other social media (I was watching their reactions to Trump getting twitter banned) the app is already gone from Android and Apple stores, and its not working on their phones.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Parler wouldn't even exist if Twitter and Facebook actually upheld the rules equally. It's funny how Antifa claims they aren't an organization, yet somehow manage to pull out thousands or more to counter protests. Clearly they are organized. And all that destruction caused by BLM riots last year? How is that not an act of terrorism yet a bunch of stupid rednecks rushing the capitol building because the police are idiots is? Twitter has gotten better at improving the rules as well as enforcing them, so it's not just right wingers getting banned anymore, but they still have a long way to go in making the platform a level playing field.

That said, a lot the issues with social media boil down to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, as well as the Digital Millennium Copyright act. Trump was trying to get 230 repealed so that it would put more pressure on the social media companies and tech giants to stop flip flopping on whether they are a platform or a publisher whenever it suits them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And the people they rent space from for servers can get rid of them pretty easily, and if you can't download the app, it would be pretty hard to get the app.
    lolololol, do you know how easy it is to backdoor install software on Android? Like, a child can figure out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Parler wouldn't even exist if Twitter and Facebook actually upheld the rules equally.
    They do. Conservatives just seem to have more problems following those rules.

How is that not an act of terrorism yet a bunch of stupid rednecks rushing the capitol building because the police are idiots is?
    Because they planned protests.

Insurrectionists planned to take the Capitol building and put elected officials, including the Vice President, to death.

This wasn't a random federal building or a private store, which doesn't make that damage acceptable. This was the Capitol building. That such a notion needs to be reminded to people is beyond me.

The Capitol building is not a McDonalds.

Trump was trying to get 230 repealed so that it would put more pressure on the social media companies and tech giants to stop flip flopping on whether they are a platform or a publisher whenever it suits them.
    No, it would kill social media. And this site. And most forums you enjoy. And most comments sections you see on the internet.

Do y'all still not know what the fuck repealing 230 actually fuckin means?

It's funny how Antifa claims they aren't an organization, yet somehow manage to pull out thousands or more to counter protests.
    Shit, you can organize only if you are an organization?
    My friends will be sad that I can't meet with them anymore
    (Can't anyway at the moment, but you get it...)

- - - Updated - - -

Do y'all still not know what the fuck repealing 230 actually fuckin means?
    You expect them to learn something? From facts? lol

lolololol, do you know how easy it is to backdoor install software on Android? Like, a child can figure out how to do it.
    Given what was on display Wednesday...I'm pretty confident most of them could not figure it out.

I mean, who wears their literal work badge with their name, employers name, and photograph on it when going to an attempted insurrection? Who gives themselves a heart attack by accidentally tazing themselves? Who pisses and shits in public?

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    According to conservative facebook and reddit and other social media (I was watching their reactions to Trump getting twitter banned) the app is already gone from Android and Apple stores, and its not working on their phones.
    huh well no doubt another shall take its place unfortunately.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given what was on display Wednesday...I'm pretty confident most of them could not figure it out.

I mean, who wears their literal work badge with their name, employers name, and photograph on it when going to an attempted insurrection? Who gives themselves a heart attack by accidentally tazing themselves? Who pisses and shits in public?
    Oh I know, but it shouldn't be assumed that every Trumpette is some inbred redneck retard either. I mean, they were smart enough to plan insurrection.

Oh, and didn't Trump just make it legal for firing squads to be used for death penalty punishments? And I'm pretty sure insurrection is treason and treason is met with the death penalty. Literally the government can line these morons up against a wall and mow them down. And I have no doubt that these people will all be caught and removed from society one way or another. And that will certainly be a positive for America as a whole.

It's a cesspit and everyone that takes part in it will end up stinking of shit. Just let them get on and watch the service die.
    RETH

To put this in real life comparison; What they want them to do is basically as useless as telling people they can't enter a place through Their entrance and have to take another entrance out of all the many entrances that exist.
    For a real life example, it's like me telling you I will not sell your product in my store.

Oh yeah, I happen to be the biggest store on the planet.