Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 1 of 75
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Deplatform Parler good or bad?

Deplatform Parler good or bad?

I am of two minds on this, personally I love twitter without these fucking scumbags and enjoy having the access of knowing who these brain trust are and having them out themselves.

On the Other hand is this a better step to take away these people's tool to cause more destruction and kill more people.

Some are going to argue Twitter has terorist and the like too and ANTIFA NOT being one of them or BLM regardless to agreement or disagreement. It is true Twitter and Facebook should be accountable too along with YOUTUBE who have gone in a similar direction.

My problem with that is How much MONEY has sites like YOUTUBE made off this before conscience, I mean LAWYERS kicked in and explained they could e on the hook for all this shit by facilitating communication between these terrorist.

Before this personally I didn't care about Parler, except they took away John Tesh, That HURT!

Apple and Google are facing new pressure to deplatform Parler, a social network founded as a less moderated and more conservative-friendly alternative to Facebook and Twitter. Activist group Sleeping Giants has called on both companies to ban Parler from their app stores in response to posts calling for violence against elected officials.

As evidence, the group posted screenshots of Parler posts calling for Vice President Mike Pence to face a firing squad and encouraging “American Patriots” to return to the capital on January 19th “carrying Our weapons.”

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/8/22...olence-capitol

They got John Tesh DAMN IT!

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2021-01-08 at 11:32 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    How would you a deplatform an independent website?
    its an app

How would you a deplatform an independent website?
    Their webhosts stop hosting their content. Wouldn't be by the gov't, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

They got John Tesh DAMN IT!

No loss really. John Tesh is a slightly more talented Kevin Sorbo with a synthesizer.

He's not even the more talented Tesh Brother.

Government Affiliated Snark

https://parler.com

Pretty sure it's an independent website.
    i'm 100% sure it's an app. Literally on google and apple store. That's why they are pressuring those 2 companies to deplatform. read the article in the OP

idk, maybe its good having them in mostly one place for the fbi to monitor.

https://parler.com

Pretty sure it's an independent website.
    The OP literally quotes an article that Apple and Google should deplatform it...
    Also the hoster can still take the site down...

Google and apple can't shut down websites.
    Learn to read... omg

THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT THE APPS ON THE RESPECTIVE APP STORES

It's really not that hard to understand.

Google and apple can't shut down websites.
    you know twitter and facebook have apps right? this is about the parlor app.

Which won't deplatform anything.

Parler is an independent website that has it's own rules. Removing an app doesn't achieve deplatforming.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn what deplatform actually means. They can't deplatform an independent website.
    True, it won't remove the website, but it will remove their affiliation with it in their app stores.

As we have seen with other apps and games, that does cause them to take a major hit to the number of users.

- - - Updated - - -

Parler is an independent website that has it's own rules. Removing an app doesn't achieve deplatforming.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn what deplatform actually means. They can't deplatform an independent website.

- - - Updated - - -

Removing them doesn't deplatform parler.
    But, it does take them off of Google and Apple's platforms. Nobody is talking about a full ban, just removing them from those particular platforms.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Removing them doesn't deplatform parler.
    It removes parlor from having a platform on their ecosystems. Holy fuck bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Learn to read... omg

THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT THE APPS ON THE RESPECTIVE APP STORES

It's really not that hard to understand.
    But STEM lords dont know how to access parler through an HTML browser apparently!
    Government Affiliated Snark

They don't have a platform on there.
    ok you are gaslighting and derailing reporting this.

They don't have a platform on there.
    You don't seem to get it... people wouldn't have access to those apps on those devices...

to get back on topic, yeah, but tbh they should deplatform facebook too.

Correcting your inability to understand that parler is an independent website and thus have no platform at an app store is not gas lighting nor derailing. You can't deplatform that which you have no control over.
    They still use Google and Apple to push their app for ease of use.

Apps tend to be more user friendly than websites on handheld devices. You are being obtuse for no apparent reason.

Correcting your inability to understand that parler is an independent website and thus have no platform at an app store is not gas lighting nor derailing. You can't deplatform that which you have no control over.
    and now your are spamming. keep posting this. keep getting reported.

I have access to apps that aren't on the app store on my phone. If what you said is true, how can I have these apps?
    Once again, you are choosing to be obtuse. It would simply mean they are not available in those stores.

That is still technically deplatforming.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    idk, maybe its good having them in mostly one place for the fbi to monitor.
    This.
    Give them a place to reveal themselves..
    You won't get the smart ones, but it's the collective idiocy that seems to need managing and kept under observation.

You don't need an app store to download an app. They could just add an apk download to their website.
    Once again, nobody is fucking saying you do.

Stop being obtuse.