Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Are we going to have a drinking game for how many times someone uses the word ‘arbitrary’ in order to sound intelligent and math professor like?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is an issue when something like Amazon can just decide to take out businesses on their own. Today it is Parler, but tomorrow they might start getting in over their heads. It is quite different from Twitter and a dangerous different at that, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think it is an issue when something like Amazon can just decide to take out businesses on their own. Today it is Parler, but tomorrow they might start getting in over their heads. It is quite different from Twitter and a dangerous different at that, in my opinion.
    Why? Amazon are perfectly within their rights to not offer their web hosting services to a platform that is used for violence and terrorism. It’s only a bad precedent if it’s done for anti competitive reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Why? Amazon are perfectly within their rights to not offer their web hosting services to a platform that is used for violence and terrorism. It’s only a bad precedent if it’s done for anti competitive reasons.
    It's all nice and games while it's only Parler, but this shows they got a tad too much power on their hands and they are not beneath abusing it knowing they can fight it in court with their vast resources for all the eternity.

Last thing world needs is corporate version of China forcibly taking down whatever they don't like with impunity. I certainly hope this stops right here and this was one off bad decision, but I also think regulator authorities across the globe need to take notice of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a marketing agent for Azure? Just wondering if you are getting paid by Microsoft, to create this impression of AWS.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Slippery slope arguments are inherently flawed.

It's all nice and games while it's only Parler, but this shows they got a tad too much power on their hands and they are not beneath abusing it knowing they can fight it in court with their vast resources for all the eternity.

Last thing world needs is corporate version of China forcibly taking down whatever they don't like with impunity. I certainly hope this stops right here and this was one off bad decision, but I also think regulator authorities across the globe need to take notice of that.
    And yet Stormfront(an actual neo nazi website) and Gab are still online, both which spew out far worse things. Maybe Parler needs to either buy some servers or find a host that really doesn't care about the things they put out there.

But you know, that would be pulling ones self up by the bootstraps and that is for everyone else other then the snowflake Trumpers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an argument to invest in Azure. Their power is limited by their list of clients.

Where in China can you ban their president, without ending up in a work camp? WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Slippery slope arguments are inherently flawed.
    The slippery slope is clients from AWS, going to Azure... they are tyrants over their clients...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    And yet Stormfront(an actual neo nazi website) and Gab are still online, both which spew out far worse things. Maybe Parler needs to either buy some servers or find a host that really doesn't care about the things they put out there.

But you know, that would be pulling ones self up by the bootstraps and that is for everyone else other then the snowflake Trumpers.
    I had my own web site, when I was 15... in 1995... I was a tyrant, just like AWS... if someone signed up to my site, I would block their IP... then figure out how they managed to sign up to a site that has no such function.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

This wasn’t a bad decision. If anything, more hate sites need to be taken down. Gab. Storefront. The very concept of free speech is fucked when it can be used to radicalise people into committing acts of violence. People keep relating banning sites like this to ‘China’. China doesn’t ban their own President for hate speech...

10+ Year Old Account
    The very concept of free speech is fucked when it can be used to radicalise people into committing acts of violence. People keep relating banning sites like this to ‘China’. China doesn’t ban their own President for hate speech...
    It’s the same shit as second Amendment cavaliers, bitching that government can’t force you to host people on your property. They don’t think this shit through...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s the same shit as second Amendment cavaliers, bitching that government can’t force you to host people on your property. They don’t think this shit through...
    Guns should be banned. Period. Guns kill people. People can’t shoot bullets from their mouth the same way guns can.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you a marketing agent for Azure? Just wondering if you are getting paid by Microsoft, to create this impression of AWS.
    is he wrong though ? lets say tomorrow Bezos and Zuckerberg decide that they dont like company X - they can destroy it in 1-2 phonecalls .

it is a huge global problem how much power corporations have.

and amazon/fb are not even such a big problem like for example corporations like Nestle - and many that you wouldnt even know what they brands are.

you think its only about twitter? check for example how corporations took over poultry farms in US. you practically cannot start one without agreement of "big chicken" .

trump geting silenced is just one huge symptom of already ongoing "epidemic"

- - - Updated - - -

Guns should be banned. Period. Guns kill people. People can’t shoot bullets from their mouth the same way guns can.
    oh for sure corporations would love that wouldnt they . if people become defenceless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    is he wrong though ? lets say tomorrow Bezos and Zuckerberg decide that they dont like company X - they can destroy it in 1-2 phonecalls .
    This is silly... Company X or client X? Did you know... if you walk into a store, start screaming, you will be kicked out and banned... even if there were others screaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "First they came for the fascists
    And I did not speak out
    Because I'm not a moron and have in fact read Popper and know that fascism is not like other girls ideological stances."

Rofl.
    its very symptomatic that people use term "fashism" instead "nationalism"

and terms like "patriotism" are ridiculed in every possible media.

whatever Trump spoken had nothing to do with fashism.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh for sure corporations would love that wouldnt they . if people become defenceless.
    Why would corporations care? When you shoot corporations, where do you aim? Your computer or someone else’s?

- - - Updated - - -

It was literally a single man, screaming that the will of the people should be ignored, because of his superiority. That’s fascism... I am not sure what fashism is... sounds like a trendy fashion show...

This made me laugh so hard. Bro, if you hate corporations so much; throw all your tech and games away. All made by corporations all day long. And none of them give a damn if you have a gun or not. Your credit card company will take you to town regardless of the 2nd amendment. Christ alive, some people...

trump geting silenced is just one huge symptom of already ongoing "epidemic"
    Trump lost his capacity to talk?

Oh, he was just banned from Twitter for breaking the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

"Posted from an Iphone or Android phone."

10+ Year Old Account
    This made me laugh so hard. Bro, if you hate corporations so much; throw all your tech and games away. All made by corporations all day long. And none of them give a damn if you have a gun or not. Your credit card company will take you to town regardless of the 2nd amendment. Christ alive, some people...
    How do they reconcile globalist corporations and its relationship to fearing US gun rights? On one hand, they recognize the wide span of corporations, on the other hand... they think they can just shoot it. WTF? Corporations don’t have organs they can shoot... lol

First off, the people using Patriotism are actively using it wrong. Patriotism is putting the values of your country ahead of a political party or any ideology. That is why it is getting ridiculed. Second, as Felya said, Trump is demanding that the majority of the votes should be ignored to benefit himself and his ego. That is the definition of fascism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    "Posted from an Iphone or Android phone."
    Androids run on open source... they run... on open source... I am almost crying right now... not joy and it’s not you... it’s open source...