Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    We're in a thread about exactly that.
    We are? Did Parler's CEO get thrown in jail?

As in which political wings to support or destroy.
    Not at all. It's no different than the right wing pity parade when their violent subs were taken down off Reddit...while ignoring that leftist subs also violating the rules like Chapo Crap House were hit too.

It's just people dedicated to their victim complex despite not being victims of anything beyond their own stupidity and hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Not at all. It's no different than the right wing pity parade when their violent subs were taken down off Reddit...while ignoring that leftist subs also violating the rules like Chapo Crap House were hit too.

It's just people dedicated to their victim complex despite not being victims of anything beyond their own stupidity and hate.

Awww it could be worse. It's not like he was forced to sell Parler under threat of "falling out of a window".

Remember when the Russian Mark Zuckerberg was forced to sell the Russian Facebook .... to one of Putin's goons?

Russia's VKontakte CEO says he was fired, flees Russia
    MOSCOW, April 22 (Reuters) - Pavel Durov, the founder of VKontakte, Russia’s largest social network, said on Tuesday he was fired and had fled the country as allies of the Kremlin gained full control of the site.

Kinda funny that Putin bots would concern troll anyone about "censorship".
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Policing" is language Parler uses in their lawsuit about expectation from Amazon.
    "AWS announced that it would suspend Parler’s account effective Sunday, January 10th, at 11:59 PM PST. And it stated the reason for the suspension was that AWS was not confident Parler could properly police its platform regarding content that encourages or incites violence against others."

It has nothing to do with being thrown in jail.

Different groups being targeted simultaneously isn't proof of "fairness" in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Awww it could be worse. It's not like he was forced to sell Parler under threat of "falling out of a window".

Remember when the Russian Mark Zuckerberg was forced to sell the Russian Facebook .... to one of Putin's goons?

Russia's VKontakte CEO says he was fired, flees Russia
    MOSCOW, April 22 (Reuters) - Pavel Durov, the founder of VKontakte, Russia’s largest social network, said on Tuesday he was fired and had fled the country as allies of the Kremlin gained full control of the site.

Kinda funny that Putin bots would concern troll anyone about "censorship".
    That was clearly food poisoning.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, i did not infer any legal ramifications.

Corporate internet policing is bad enough on it's own.
    You very much did, and I'm pretty sure you know you did and did it intentionally.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You very much did, and I'm pretty sure you know you did and did it intentionally.
    You mean the guy who bragged about his leader murdering people is trying to muddy the waters about authoritarianism?

When he can admit to the hundreds and hundreds of lies he's told in these threads, only then should people take him seriously. Just assume literally everything out of his mouth is a lie.

No, we're in a thread about a company dropping another company as a client because that client could not live up to the terms of service they agreed to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Then you're wrong.

You could try quoting where did i link policing to any legal action to prove your assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, we're in a thread about a company dropping another company as a client because that client could not live up to the terms of service they agreed to follow.
    Which is colloquially written as policing their platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we're in a thread where standard moderation of client conduct is twisted around to be presented as if it's some imminent threat of loss of rights and freedoms by the masses as corporations collaborate to subjugate the people.

It's a bananas cuckoo conspiracy theory that has no basis in reality. It is complete, unadulterated nonsense, and betrays that anyone pushing it either has no comprehension of what these terms actually mean, or is deliberately lying about them to push an agenda aimed at attacking people's rights and freedoms.

As in which political wings to support or destroy.
    Lie.

That's just a naked lie.

Nothing any of these companies did could be construed as "destroying" any political "wing". Absolute fucking nonsense.

Which is colloquially written as policing their platform.
    Interesting choice of words:

colloquial - used in ordinary or familiar conversation; not formal or literary.

Why does anyone waste time arguing with that troll, man? Just put him on ignore.

"Policing" is language Parler uses in their lawsuit about expectation from Amazon.
    "AWS announced that it would suspend Parler’s account effective Sunday, January 10th, at 11:59 PM PST. And it stated the reason for the suspension was that AWS was not confident Parler could properly police its platform regarding content that encourages or incites violence against others."

It has nothing to do with being thrown in jail.

Different groups being targeted simultaneously isn't proof of "fairness" in any way.
    Adding to this, its kinda clear that Amazon did not kicked out Parler bc of lack of policing but more so bc of bad PR. Itd be a thing if these companies adhered to actual rules like Edge- says so as to establish a certain level of fairness but Parler et all are only being kicked out bc they have become bad PR. If you dont want these platforms online at all then just make it law, Germany bans all sorts of Nazism and Nazi apologia, at least youd make the whole process transparent

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Why does anyone waste time arguing with that troll, man? Just put him on ignore.
    I wonder the same, he does the same shit on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I wonder the same, he does the same shit on Twitter.
    I don’t follow him on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Adding to this, its kinda clear that Amazon did not kicked out Parler bc of lack of policing but more so bc of bad PR. Itd be a thing if these companies adhered to actual rules like Edge- says so as to establish a certain level of fairness but Parler et all are only being kicked out bc they have become bad PR. If you dont want these platforms online at all then just make it law, Germany bans all sorts of Nazism and Nazi apologia, at least youd make the whole process transparent
    That's complete and total bullshit, they even had the evidence to back up why they did what they did. I get that you Trumpsters are terribly upset that your fuhrer isn't on Twitter any longer, and that companies are free to not do business with Nazis... but you really should tone down the hatred for capitalism just a tad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except nothing you said here is true. There were clear violations, and Parler made negligible efforts to address them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont want these platforms online at all then just make it law, Germany bans all sorts of Nazism and Nazi apologia, at least youd make the whole process transparent
    When your argument that a solution to perceived censorship, is government moderation, the problem should be obvious. As I keep pointing out... these sort of arguments are not about free speech, but access to social media... as in... it’s an argument for social media to be a utility. Bizarre, when argued by free market conservatives...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    When your argument that a solution to perceived censorship, is government moderation, the problem should be obvious. As I keep pointing out... these sort of arguments are not about free speech, but access to social media... as in... it’s an argument for social media to be a utility. Bizarre, when argued by free market conservatives...
    They have no principles anymore aside from protect the dear leader's feefees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    They have no principles anymore aside from protect the dear leader's feefees.
    If I were a mod... I would edit each of those posts with an advertisement for Azure... which is why I should never be a mod...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Trump is a clown and i couldnt care less about him

what i care about is denying freedom of speach to people anywhere in world.

and this is what just started on mass scale.

its not about Trump as Trump - its about fb/twitter silencing President of United States.
    They didn't silence him, he could hold a press conference right now if he wanted to. I don't understand why you bother with such blatantly lazy lies. He could call a reporter, he could go out on the street and talk to somebody. He isn't choosing to do any of that, which is his choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.