Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Show me those hundreds inside.
    So far 100+ have been arrested for their involvement in the riots:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other...er/ar-BB1cLTzQ

So, it will be 100+ mug-shots as they didn't all pose together in one photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    So far 100+ have been arrested for their involvement in the riots:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other...er/ar-BB1cLTzQ

So, it will be 100+ mug-shots as they didn't all pose together in one photo.
    So upper bound, going by the article, is 200.

That is, 1% of total crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    So upper bound, going by the article, is 200.

That is, 1% of total crowd.
    Wow it's almost as if American law enforcement is biased or something. Shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Wow it's almost as if American law enforcement is biased or something. Shocker.
    Yeah, they are totally covering everything up /s

Or maybe there weren't that many people inside at any point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they are totally covering everything up /s

Or maybe there weren't that many people inside at any point.
    Or maybe there's a bias in law enforcement resulting in this being taken less seriously, hence the initial breach and the subsequent delay in arrests and charges - which is again, unsurprising considering the number of off-duty cops and the known infiltration of American law enforcement by white supremacists.

Again; what do you care? You don't actually believe in any of the positions you argue and have admitted staking them out purely based on which side is the less popular one like some hipster moth after a light.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

They never were truly independent in a way that allowed to ask hard questions to those who paid for their existence.

But illusion of independence is useful for propaganda purposes.

Just like RT.
    So your answer is "No, i don't know what I am even talking about"

Freedom of speech is really important so no, it's a horrible idea to deplatform Parler. Go after the criminals who were breaking or attacking people in the capitol. Don't take down the social network. Keep in mind they also used other social networks besides Parler.

Quote Originally Posted by Sole-Warrior View Post
    Freedom of speech is really important so no, it's a horrible idea to deplatform Parler. Go after the criminals who were breaking or attacking people in the capitol. Don't take down the social network. Keep in mind they also used other social networks besides Parler.
    Freedom of association is really important too. So forcing a company to do business with another company is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    China govt doing censorship

v

Private company choosing whom to do business with.

Yup totally the same thing..

Is there such thing as a triple face palm?

- - - Updated - - -

or even force people to use those roads.
    They can ride through the forest if they wanted!!!

take a boat
    airplane

jet pack?

Censorship is censorship especially when it comes to censoring political opposition. Surely you can't be this stupid? Then again..you did think you were clever with the triple facepalm nonsense.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-01-15 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming
    I <3 JK Rowling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I think this actually makes the case for Twitter banning Trump even stronger. It wasn't some shoot from the hip decision. Jack saw the situation, saw the potential problems that could arise from Banning Trump, and Banned him anyway because the rhetoric is actually getting people killed now.

Also, keep in mind it was only Trump's personal account that got banned. The POTUS account is still active. So the connection between POTUS and The American People is intact.
    Dorsey banned Trump because even though he thinks it's a bad idea and recognizes it he had no real choice at that stage given the immense pressure he was under.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Censorship is censorship especially when it comes to censoring political opposition. Surely you can't be this stupid? Then again..you did think you were clever with the triple facepalm nonsense.
    Do you think it's important to allow restaurants to be able to refuse service to customers in cases where they might negatively affect the experiences of their other customers?
    What's your opinion on private corporations being allowed to have ToS agreements?

Quote Originally Posted by Sole-Warrior View Post
    This part I agree with. Every social network should be held accountable for allowing terrorist cells to function within their platform. And here’s the issue. Right wing lunatics are asking for Parler to come back as opposed to saying, ‘RIP Parler, but let’s take account of all social networks being irresponsible’.

When that political opposition is trying to start a coup/civil war? ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Dorsey banned Trump because even though he thinks it's a bad idea and recognizes it he had no real choice at that stage given the immense pressure he was under.
    Nope, Trump was banned because he broke the fucking ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    That's what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    This part I agree with. Every social network should be held accountable for allowing terrorist cells to function within their platform. And here’s the issue. Right wing lunatics are asking for Parler to come back as opposed to saying, ‘RIP Parler, but let’s take account of all social networks being irresponsible’.
    The thing of it is though that the other social networks took at least some action. Whether or not they did enough is worth looking into....but Parler did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Or maybe there's a bias in law enforcement resulting in this being taken less seriously, hence the initial breach and the subsequent delay in arrests and charges - which is again, unsurprising considering the number of off-duty cops and the known infiltration of American law enforcement by white supremacists.
    Yes, cops often happen to be right-wingers - "for some reason" most leftists either don't go there to protect law and order or don't keep (modern) leftist ideals for long.

I happen to think that is because modern US leftism is largely performative and expects someone else to do the hard work after change is demanded rather then do it themselves.

...though of course that is in part result of US social "selection" that only allowed non-threatening activism to thrive.

Again; what do you care? You don't actually believe in any of the positions you argue and have admitted staking them out purely based on which side is the less popular one like some hipster moth after a light.
    I believe in plenty of position - like controls to corporate power, or strong labor unions.

And dismantling false images promoted by corporate powers to justify increased control is consistent with that position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    So your answer is "No, i don't know what I am even talking about"
    Believing your own propaganda is common human trait.

Even propagandists themselves aren't immune from it.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-01-15 at 09:56 AM.

Believing your own propaganda is common human trait.

Even propagandists themselves aren't immune from it.
    AKA you can't refute something he said, so you post this ridiculous bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    AKA you can't refute something he said, so you post this ridiculous bullshit.
    He said nothing that could be refuted because he provided no support for his position.

And neither did you.

He said nothing that could be refuted because he provided no support for his position.

And neither did you.
    Aww, poor Russian, still doesn't know what he is talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    The delicious irony of Republicans jacking off to giving corporations full constitutional rights two decades ago, and now whinging about said corporations utilizing their constitutional rights.

You've been told this thousands of times and it still won't make it through your skull apparently, but Twitter, under citizens united, has the same constitutional rights as an individual person. So question: Say you own a server, should the law be able to force you to allow anyone to put their stuff on your server, including black panther white genocide propaganda and death threats to your family?

Think about your answer very carefully.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, cops often happen to be right-wingers - "for some reason" most leftists either don't go there to protect law and order or don't keep (modern) leftist ideals for long.

I happen to think that is because modern US leftism is largely performative and expects someone else to do the hard work after change is demanded rather then do it themselves.
    Which goes to show how shallow your understanding of politics and history in general is, or you'd know why police generally don't align with the left wing as a rule.

Hint: It's the same reason police unions are not welcome in the IWW or similar groups and have never been, and isn't specific to the American left in the slightest.

...though of course that is in part result of US social "selection" that only allowed non-threatening activism to thrive.
    Lol you were literally just claiming systemic racism isn't a thing and now you're saying that there's systemic pressures that act as barriers to meaningful social change. Which is it Pagliacci?