Thread: +2 % frost dmg

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

+2 % frost dmg

unbelievable ! frost dk will go from last to second last position dps

gg blizzard ! we were all waiting for this

by the way, sarcasm here

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are referring to the "All damage is increased by an additional 2% while a two-handed weapon is equipped" that's ALL damage not just frost damage. That includes weapon damage from auto attacks, oblit, EVERYTHING. As it stood before this buff, 2H frost was lower damage than DW frost. This makes 2H frost slightly better than it previously was.

So what? 2% is laughable amount, 2h fdk will still be in a s*** tier. DW too, cuz unholy, affi and rest of the top are doing absurd amount of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulz1 View Post
    So what? 2% is laughable amount, 2h fdk will still be in a s*** tier. DW too, cuz unholy, affi and rest of the top are doing absurd amount of damage.
    This is not a hotfix to make frost better, it's a hotfix to make 2 handed weapons on classes that can use both 2 handed weapons and 1 handed weapons like frost dk, windwalker and brewmaster monk viable compared to their dual wield variant.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "let's tweak this with a screwdriver to make it competitive without forcing it as the de-facto choice if you want to play the class"

"NOOOOO!!! IT MUST BE THE BESTEST OF BESTS FOREVER!"
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Still seems a little low, right now two 190 one handed weapons do roughly 5% more (sim-)damage than a 197 two hander (at least for ww monks).

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This is not a hotfix to make frost better, it's a hotfix to make 2 handed weapons on classes that can use both 2 handed weapons and 1 handed weapons like frost dk, windwalker and brewmaster monk viable compared to their dual wield variant.

Will never happen, because the difference in aoe is rune of razorice plus runic attenuation.

Bringing back 2H frost with that gimmick MotFW passive that was the reason it was removed earlier to begin with was a purely retarded, bad design decision.

People wanted 2H as a cosmetic choice.

The easy fix would have been to baseline rune of razorice, limit runeforges to mainhand and disable offhand enchants while a runeforge is active.

Then fix runic attenuation and KM procs, and both DW and 2H would have been even options.

Instead of bringing back the garbage Classic weapon type subspecs within a spec that are impossible to balance.

This is quite obviously a change to try and unify 2h and dw damage and not fix frosts DPS.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

Incorrect, but it's a waste of everybody's time having this discussion for the millionth time.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post

by the way, sarcasm here
    There always has to be a "last".

There are 12 classes.

As long as 1 spec per class remains in the top 12 then it's fine. As of now (according to the meters i'm looking at), the classes that don't have a top 12 spec (judging by damage):

Raiding: Warrior and Paladin
    Mythic+: Paladin

Those two could validly complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    There always has to be a "last".

There are 12 classes.

As long as 1 spec per class remains in the top 12 then it's fine. As of now (according to the meters i'm looking at), the classes that don't have a top 12 spec (judging by damage):

Raiding: Warrior and Paladin
    Mythic+: Paladin

Those two could validly complain.
    yeah but unholy dk is boring af, its why my new main is a hunt, you can tank everything while doing big a** dps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    If you are referring to the "All damage is increased by an additional 2% while a two-handed weapon is equipped" that's ALL damage not just frost damage. That includes weapon damage from auto attacks, oblit, EVERYTHING. As it stood before this buff, 2H frost was lower damage than DW frost. This makes 2H frost slightly better than it previously was.
    the frost dk is all way to the bottom, you really think that a 2% more dmg will help him ? its laughable lol

- - - Updated - - -

Will never happen, because the difference in aoe is rune of razorice plus runic attenuation.

Bringing back 2H frost with that gimmick MotFW passive that was the reason it was removed earlier to begin with was a purely retarded, bad design decision.

The easy fix would have been to baseline rune of razorice, limit runeforges to mainhand and disable offhand enchants while a runeforge is active.

Then fix runic attenuation and KM procs, and both DW and 2H would have been even options.

Instead of bringing back the garbage Classic weapon type subspecs within a spec that are impossible to balance.
    yeah its why legion and bfa frost dk was good, because they dont have anymore that stupid 2hand that make the spec impossible to balance, its dual or twohand, if unholy had the same thing with dual and 2hand, unholy would not be so high because blizzard dont know how to balance 2 kind of gameplay on the same spec

Quote Originally Posted by Lulz1 View Post
    Who would have thought that cleave/multi dot classes would be doing great in a cleave/multi dot raid.

Frost isn't even in the vicinity of being last.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    "let's tweak this with a screwdriver to make it competitive without forcing it as the de-facto choice if you want to play the class"

"NOOOOO!!! IT MUST BE THE BESTEST OF BESTS FOREVER!"
    I don't think it's like that. People want it to be more like Fury and Arms warriors, where the specs aren't massively different. Of course, they probably want it to be a better outcome than warriors, where both specs aren't even average.

I never said that it is balanced with it. And i don't agree with it to make runeforge limit to mainhand only, but i think that they should simply buff the 2handed talent in the frost-tree, because this talent is right now far too weak. And no, i don't think this is impossible to balance, but blizzard does always miss the fine tuning. Instead of looking what every class need, they give the same flat percent increase to monks and death knights, 2 fundamentally different classes.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2021-01-13 at 08:17 PM.

As been said many times all efforts will be made to make 2 hander not shit instead of making the whole spec better while there are 2 subspecs to be balanced, 2hander always being the crap of the two.
    But hey you got to role play as arthas again good job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I never said that it is balanced with it. And i don't agree with it to make runeforge limit to mainhand only, but i think that they should simply buff the 2handed talent in the frost-tree, because this talent is right now far too weak. And no, i don't think this is impossible to balance, but blizzard does always miss the fine tuning. Instead of looking what every class need, they give the same flat percent increase to monks and death knights, 2 fundamentally different classes.
    To balance a weapon type by pigeonholing it into a specific talent build is amazingly stupid to begin with. Why in hell would you restrict playstyle choices based on weapon type? The whole point of talents is to open up playstyle variety.

To balance a weapon type by pigeonholing it into a specific talent build is amazingly stupid to begin with. Why in hell would you restrict playstyle choices based on weapon type? The whole point of talents is to open up playstyle variety.
    Sorry, meaned ability, not talents, and DK has an ability that is baseline that affects only 2 handed weapons; and this should definitively be buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    This is quite obviously a change to try and unify 2h and dw damage and not fix frosts DPS.
    They can't even do that for a pet...what makes you think they can do it for multiple specs?

Back in Legion I think? They were changing things around and got rid of certain talents...one which was a talent that gave Demo improved pets, but people liked the skins so in Legion they made glyphs for them. Well the Felguard used a 2 hander while the Wrathguard dual wielded...

Basically the Devs couldn't even get that to work right so they just resorted to making the Wrathguard just use a single weapon as well rather than fixing or having to make new animations

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post

by the way, sarcasm here
    I'm pretty sure 2-Handed frost exists solely as a way to play Frost while trying to get 2 good 1-handed weapons.