Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Masterloot should return

Heya. I havent played BFA i took a long break.
    Now i have returned in shadowlands and also returned to competetive raiding.
    Dam the amount of loot that is actually wasted with personal loot is beyong my imagination.
    Why do people complain that much about masterloot in een Guild raid envoirment?
    Like if ur in the guild u want to progress and giving certain classes their correct stats helps...
    Now you are forced to keep the crappy Ring so you can trae the next ring you will get..

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Or go one step forward. Not exactly forward cause first bring back Valor and Justice Points (or sth with diffrent names no matter) :P All items in vendor (like in pvp system) and it's done

+ no loot drama
    + no rng
    + no waste loot
    You forgot the biggest +:

+ you can quit the game in a week since you'll be BiS and there's nothing left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Or go one step forward. Not exactly forward cause first bring back Valor and Justice Points (or sth with diffrent names no matter) :P All items in vendor (like in pvp system) and it's done

+ no loot drama
    + no rng
    + no waste loot
    From a player's point of view I don't see a single issue with this.
    But from blizzards, I can see. Since you will have a straight line towards the end of your gearing. And I don't think blizzard would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    From a player's point of view I don't see a single issue with this.
    But from blizzards, I can see. Since you will have a straight line towards the end of your gearing. And I don't think blizzard would like that.
    What? Do you mean that there's a possibility that Blizzard actually wants people actively playing the game or something?!

I'm glad the drama and gear funneling is gone. Good riddance to Master Loot. Long live Personal Loot.

No, It should not. We don't need the loot drama and d-baggery to return, kkthxbye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, leave it as is. Masterloot is gone and the game is better without it. Also, if anything, there's a lot more things they can focus on before the daily thread about masterloot.

Quote Originally Posted by reckleon View Post
    Heya. I havent played BFA i took a long break.
    Now i have returned in shadowlands and also returned to competetive raiding.
    Dam the amount of loot that is actually wasted with personal loot is beyong my imagination.
    Why do people complain that much about masterloot in een Guild raid envoirment?
    Like if ur in the guild u want to progress and giving certain classes their correct stats helps...
    Now you are forced to keep the crappy Ring so you can trae the next ring you will get..
    Anyone who pugged during HFC knows how dogshit Master loot in a pug environment (which is the environment for the vast majority of the players). Remember the "tier sets, trinkets and weapons reserved"?

In a raid environment, that was a source of a lot of drama aswell. Good riddance.

My old Semi Hardcore Guild fused with another one at the end of MoP and we started WoD with a new Guildleader that tought DKP would be the right thing to do.
    We killed the first 3 Bosses in Week one and our Guildleader + Officer raged over TS for 30 min. since noone wanted any gear and saved the DKP for weapons and trinkets...
    9 Mythic Items got disenchanted...
    After that i quiet "Hardcore" raiding and iam happy over Randomloot.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

+ you can quit the game in a week since you'll be BiS and there's nothing left to do!
    A badge system doesn't mean you are able to get full BiS in a week. Just look at the pvp system right now. You can still make slow gearing but it will just be much more consistent and people will feel that every time they kill a boss they get one step closer to their goal.

10+ Year Old Account

no exaggeration here. glad to see such clear heads in the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account

aside from blizzard's metrics where they need those MAU's to show investors the game isn't dead yet, how is that a bad thing?, the days of being married to one game and one game only are long gone, if you can achieve a goal like that and have a full set of gear on your character that's sufficient for the content you participate in and can log off and not worry about it until the new wave of content launches, would be immense for the game i think, the only gear being better obviously would come from raiding and if you wanted full BiS then you would have to work for it but having a vendor set that is functional in most content for most people would be ideal.

I find this unironically great, because it allows me to just repeat the same stuff with alts, which makes things far more interesting than just doing it with the same character over and over. And ofc you wouldn't quit in a week. It took the average player (even top players) in wrath 3.3 quite a while to get geared.

BTT: I think that personal loot without master loot is fine as it is. I never found it to be an issue in a guild environment. Granted I am not a top mythic raider where every % matters. The obvious upside of this is that loot distribution doesn't take a while anymore and you almost don't have any of the toxicity involved with it anymore.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-01-09 at 08:48 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Masterloot did way more damage to the majority of the playerbase than it helped the top 1%, and the fact that those same 1% are still playing means that personal loot isn't a deal breaker.

RIP Masterloot, forever.

And I'm sure this has nothing to do with blizzard wanting to cut support rep by removing the ability to ninja, thus making tickets for item thieves non-existent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe people started to praise personal loot.... You're dead to me.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-01-10 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I can't believe people started to praise personal loot.... You're dead to me.
    It solves more problems than it creates.

The biggest issue is with people in high-end guilds who want to funnel gear, but they're a microscopic percentage of the player base. For everyone else, not getting screwed out of loot because you're a trial or there's cronyism or whatever is such a big, everyday upside the downsides barely matter - if at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    A badge system doesn't mean you are able to get full BiS in a week. Just look at the pvp system right now. You can still make slow gearing but it will just be much more consistent and people will feel that every time they kill a boss they get one step closer to their goal.
    The current PvP gear is gated behind not only earning rank but earning conquest which has a weekly cap. Yes you can get a full set of honor gear without dealing with a weekly cap but the "best" gear is all gated behind a weekly cap and rating. Moving to a badge system would allow people to bypass the hard stops for gear that PvP gear has. The only way to not do that is putting raid badges in and dungeon badges in with raid badges having a hard cap every week but that just adds to these "hardcore" guilds complaining that they aren't able to gear up like they used to because they are limited by the cap on badges per week.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    the fact that those same 1% are still playing means that personal loot isn't a deal breaker.
    Its almost as if personal loot doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things no matter how much the anti-PL crowd shouts it does!

Simplest fix is to make personal loot tradeable regardless of ilevel.

Such an easy option. Idk why it’s not done. Shouldn’t force me to DE an item I get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Castle Nathria lfm. Tier, trinkets, plate armor reserved, because FUCK YOU.

Yeah no, masterlooter can stay away.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    Simplest fix is to make personal loot tradeable regardless of ilevel.

Such an easy option. Idk why it’s not done. Shouldn’t force me to DE an item I get.
    Then you are back to square one, with RL forcing others to hand over the loot for manual distribution.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.