Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Turns out blizzard was right all along and it wasn't "large portion" but a minority. Blizzard is usually right when they first introduce/make first change.
    I would really love to see any reliable data that actually suggests what the community prefers, but considering you've been riling against its removal, i think it's your opinion, not the "communities" opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I can't solo a raid, I need my team to be able to contribute and lift their own weight, I can't solo mythic plus -I need my team in good shape as much as I need my toon geared.
    Ye. And if theres an item u dont need but get and cant trade but ur teammember does need it. it feels sad. If u could decide u could give him the piece the team would be in better shape. yes with current item lvl u could trade most pieces but still we are at 8/10m now and we use loot council for items we can trade. Yet on sludgefist for example we had 2 crystal shards even tho they could have been bis for 2 others.

So as i said before in this post. It would be a fair given if the guild itself could chose masterloot. and for pugs keep masterloot away.
    but thats my opinion and personal experience. and for the people who had bad experiences in guilds. Well go in a guild that suits you u cant make 1 group adapt to ur needs.
    Last edited by reckleon; 2021-03-08 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    So you were one of the people who were buddies with the GM, or you were the GM yourself, and gave all the loot to your buddies.

Got it.

People like you are why masterloot went away.

And it will stay away.

Don't like that? Find another game.
    Yep, exactly, funneling the loot to friends is how you get 10/10M for sure, now go back to LFR clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Yep, exactly, funneling the loot to friends is how you get 10/10M for sure, now go back to LFR clown.
    This. THe amount of lying BS in this thread is just amazing.

Loot needs to return lol

how about we just skip the IL restrictions and let players decide if they want to trade it or not!

After the interview with Ion today, looks like Master Looter's return is more likely!

master loot makes game more complicated.
    Blizzard should make personal loot better.

Quote Originally Posted by zero2022 View Post
    master loot makes game more complicated.
    Blizzard should make personal loot better.
    Uhhm... excuse me... what?

As an officer I can't say the return of masterloot is something that would make me happy. All the endless loot drama and people acting like babies in the earlier expansions that has mostly been erased through personal loot (which still has its own flaws ofc) would come back.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ion says in the interview that he's interested while his team isn't in regards to this. Doubt we´ll ever see it return as we knew it as the current issues with personal loot and GV are easily solved with smarter looting actually recognizing your current equipment before offering supposed "upgrades"...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Can't wait to put my trust in every single PUG leader and hope that 'this time' there isnt a group breaking disagreement, ninja or 30 min break to determine loot distribution.

PL needs work and ML caters to the tiny minority.
    NO pug should even have access to Master Loot.

Full Guild groups on paper seem like ML could work, however if I join a Guilds Mythic Progression night and we down a boss, I fully expect a chance at the same loot they do. Otherwise, I just wasted my night.

Personal Loots main problem is when you dont need the item, theres extra steps to be helpful. Or if you dont want it but its technically an upgrade you cant trade it.
    If you could put your item up for an official Roll, that would fix many main problems. Could even gain the vendor gold for it when its won, so even the cheapskates have no reason to hoard their drops.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2022-04-30 at 01:33 AM.

It should be an option for guild groups. If your 100% guild. Why not at that point. You are playing with like minded people or your faking it and should find people of a simular mind set.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a raid leader in an Heroic only guild, personal loot has been great, apart from the trading rules. Tier can only be traded if you have had tier of the same ilevel or higher in that slot, other items can only be traded if you have had an item or the same item level or higher in that slot, apart from Legendary slots. The amount of times I had to ask my raiders to please equip the belt that just dropped in their legendary slot, so it can at least be traded in the future is a lot.

We have a lot less loot issues with PL. Before that we used loot council to divide loot, which didn't create a whole lot of trouble, since we are a mature raiding guild, but it was just a lot to keep track of to make sure loot was split evenly. The main issue, believe it or not, was people not wanting to take loot because they think others need it more, causing massive iLevel differences between raiders.

I think even with masterloot returning, we would continue to use PL, as it's just an easier system to use.

If masterloot returns, I would hope it would only apply to guild-only groups, as I dread going back to a pug raid leader swapping to ML loot just before pull to make sure he can take the loot he wants.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It should be an option for guild groups. If your 100% guild. Why not at that point. You are playing with like minded people or your faking it and should find people of a simular mind set.
    The threshold is 80%. Guilds do occasionally trial people from other guilds, this shouldn't be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The threshold is 80%. Guilds do occasionally trial people from other guilds, this shouldn't be punished.
    Well the actually threshold right now is nada. But I agree a few spots to flex makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal Loot is garbage.

You can't target certain gear this way, with like DKP, which is my favorite system. Even loot council is better, then trials can't get gear early on.

Masterloot was partially removed because pugs would often swap loot style midfight or near the end of a kill.
    Second reason was that some players, new players in guilds would almost never get awarded with loot.. since they were "new".

There is and can always be fixes to problems better than personal loot.

For pugs:
    #1 Do not allow lootstyle to be swapped once a boss has been pulled / raid has begun (first trashmob has been pulled)

For Guilds:
    Allow a maximum of 1 item per boss to be ML'ed to a specific player and/or maximum amount of 3-4 items per raid instance.
    - While allowing this players who recieve items would STILL be able to trade them to group members.

The most complex fix would be to have all players have individual loot options.

Ie. raid of 20 people:

10 people chose "PL", they will get rewarded directly from the boss.
    10 people chose "ML" and their loot however much will go into the ML-style loot box and be distributed by the groups raid-leader.

^ Should've been fixes added long ago.