Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

It was a blast, gl to people still grinding Torghast

Took 20 hours or so as a 209 ilvl Kyrian Discipline Priest full PVP gear.

I think 200 ilvl or more is recommended to kill layer 8. RNG inside can make it ez mode or not. Disc priest is really cheesy and has some nice powers but it's very sloooow.

Kill conditions: Get Catharstick and/or Scales of Trauma in combination with Schism (25% more dmg) and powers that make mobs take extra dmg when feared (35% additive). Run in schism, fear, nuke.

Soak dmg to refill Catharstick and Trauma for Elites/bosses. These two go up as your HP goes up so stack HP powers as well. Average hp per run was 170-180k. Last run was 380k LOL

Survivability: Volatile phantasm + Fragments of Obscurity for big AOE and dodge death layer 6+ (floor 17/18)

Any fear increase/duration/damage taken are good as well.

Don't underestimate Psychic Wallet. At least 1 is recommended to gather a lot of phantasma while MC-ing mobs.

More helpful info: here.

Good luck!

3+ Year Old Account
    Nice one, I'm looking forward to doing it myself! :3
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    grats, just done layer 4 as 184ievel, going to wait till pvp ilevel boost next week before doing higher as can tell if i'm not lucky with powers then i'll be doing no damage to mobs >.<

Gz, just did layer 8 yesterday on fire mage. Had a blast as well. Gonna take a from it then help guildies when they reach 8.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz! The mount really helps out in the maw

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely breezed through them as Fire with no deaths until Layers 6 (which I had the 15% dmg -5% hp per floor on level 8); Jail elites can one shot you with their cast even with the cloud buff on, and layer 8 in which I had effectively only 3 good powers and ended up taking 4 minutes to kill the ghoul who would one shot me if anything hit me.

Difference in difficulty between having the right powers and having the wrong powers is just immense, thankfully I didn't get it so bad that it made me fail a layer.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Absolutely breezed through them as Fire with no deaths until Layers 6 (which I had the 15% dmg -5% hp per floor on level 8); Jail elites can one shot you with their cast even with the cloud buff on, and layer 8 in which I had effectively only 3 good powers and ended up taking 4 minutes to kill the ghoul who would one shot me if anything hit me.

Difference in difficulty between having the right powers and having the wrong powers is just immense, thankfully I didn't get it so bad that it made me fail a layer.
    I think very few seems to realise that's usually the point with roguelike powers. It's all about making as good decisions as you can to maximize the odds in your favor, but in the end if you are really unlucky it can fuck you regardless. Just like any other roguelike.

GZ on killing that ghoul tho, he's the only one that actually killed me. Though I did do mistakes that run which probably contributed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post

I think 200 ilvl or more is recommended to kill layer 8. RNG inside can make it ez mode or not. Disc priest is really cheesy and has some nice powers but it's very sloooow.

Kill conditions: Get Catharstick and/or Scales of Trauma in combination with Schism (25% more dmg) and powers that make mobs take extra dmg when feared (35% additive). Run in schism, fear, nuke.

Soak dmg to refill Catharstick and Trauma for Elites/bosses. These two go up as your HP goes up so stack HP powers as well. Average hp per run was 170-180k. Last run was 380k LOL

Survivability: Volatile phantasm + Fragments of Obscurity for big AOE and dodge death layer 6+ (floor 17/18)

Don't underestimate Psychic Wallet. At least 1 is recommended to gather a lot of phantasma while MC-ing mobs.

Good luck!
    Gratz!

I couldn’t care less about Torghast and Corridors (will do them for the quests, a couple of TG layer 6 for ash and then bye bye) but gg indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think very few seems to realise that's usually the point with roguelike powers. It's all about making as good decisions as you can to maximize the odds in your favor, but in the end if you are really unlucky it can fuck you regardless. Just like any other roguelike.

GZ on killing that ghoul tho, he's the only one that actually killed me. Though I did do mistakes that run which probably contributed a lot.
    That layer 8 run just felt as though all my venari upgrades had been taken away from me almost , I was getting too many end floor minibosses who were giving me white and green powers as rewards. Only two stacks of the spellweaver mojo, and no mirror image ability buff. Fire Juggler really carried me hard on that fight.

Really wish they would remove the 300% Timewarp Duration which kills you at the end, it's a terrible power that just takes a choice slot up because nobody in their right mind would take it.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-01-09 at 11:51 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

That layer 8 run just felt as though all my venari upgrades had been taken away from me almost , I was getting too many end floor minibosses who were giving me white and green powers as rewards. Only two stacks of the spellweaver mojo, and no mirror image ability buff. Fire Juggler really carried my hard on that fight.

Really wish they would remove the 300% Timewarp Duration which kills you at the end, it's a terrible power that just takes a choice slot up because nobody in their right mind would take it.
    Haha

I missclicked and took the paladin power that does the same. Was in uproar over bosses oneshotting me til I realised what I had done ☺️

That layer 8 run just felt as though all my venari upgrades had been taken away from me almost , I was getting too many end floor minibosses who were giving me white and green powers as rewards. Only two stacks of the spellweaver mojo, and no mirror image ability buff. Fire Juggler really carried me hard on that fight.

What makes me dislike the timewarp power the most is that it goes through any powers that prevent deaths, which I don't think it should. Makes it able to synergise more.

I'm glad it seems like the ilevel requirement is within the realm of non-raiders/mythic+ players. At least next week, with the full set of upgraded covenant armour.

I'm still not sure Unholy DK is gonna be as easy as some classes, though, lol. I need to find out a good class to do it with.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post

Good luck!
    It's a great feeling, though I noticed the huge disparity when I gave up trying to solo and grouped. As a DH I have good powers for a regular 6 floor run of Torghast, but the immo build falls quickly behind (havoc or vengence) in upper floors and final boss eventually always 1 shots me. Meanwhile, in group 1, WW monk just 1 shot everything.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Did layer 1 in 1.5 houra as shadow. Dont think I have the patience for the rest tbh.
    Priest powers are just reallly slow.

Please stop using "having a blast". It is so stupid and cliche.

If you want to have a "blast", please go to a demolition site with an explosive detonator.

Could have just rolled a Druid

On layer 7 now with one failed run behind me. Cilice of denathrius is a....questionable choice I have to say. I stared at it for 3 mins going back and forth between "but it's like 300% damage and healing bonus" and "but everythings going to one shot me". I chose it...the later happened. I honestly wish there were more layers because nothing has seemed overly hard yet really. I've just been stacking HP every run (outside of the cilice run) and nothing kills me or even really threatens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alubobz View Post
    Could have just rolled a Druid
    I have a Boomkin 182 ilvl switched to OP convoke, going to try it out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

If you want to have a "blast", please go to a demolition site with an explosive detonator.
    Well it was really fun, not knowing if you are gonna make it, the suspense was real

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

Weird take, boomer. Language is not yours to decide.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you seriously have to do 144 floors in one sitting ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset