Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Ardenweald and Pandaria are pretty fun due to the bright colors and talking animals
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you guys?

OP simply asked what would be the greatest place in WoW to show to his daughters so they can enjoy a colorful and joyful part of the game, and you all went into some psycho-parenting crusade...

Someone said that the game should not be allowed before 15 yrs old... like wtf? Do you really believe that teengers, especially with such a huge access to the Internet nowadays, watch pink ponies dancing on the rainbow, or you are just trying to portray yourself as some smart and loving parent? Nope, they are vaping, drinking alcohol on "nights at friend's place" and having wild social life. Not to mention, that WoW isn't really that violent as you are trying to portray it. And yeah, actually that sweet-comic artstyle chnages a lot in the human mind's perspective, because after all, you are not running with a machine-gun in 1st person perspective killing bunch of people, while losing control over own emotions in real life at the same time.

And then, someone says that he would never expose his children to WoW, because it's better to "fight for a real world" - I mean... XD well, that is true, and good for them, but I can only imagine what you are trying to say by that.

Do you guys realize, that it's possible to control the time children spend on PC or smartphones, right? I don't know, parents these days are naive or just overprotective - either way it's equally bad.

I'm starting to realize how blessed I was, that my parents these parenting-psychos that went from one extreme to another, being overprotective and try to force some retarded safety-bubbles over their children - it is precisely then, when the demons awake in the adulthood
    This is great. Overall, it's so easy for people who aren't parents to proudly declare what kind of parents they will be. Throw all of your expectations in the toilet when you finally become a parent. It's also very easy for us to project our childhood experiences onto our own kids while trying to raise them, but it often backfires - because they aren't experiencing (or perceiving) the world in the same way you did. For example, don't assume your child would become addicted to WoW because you did. He may (like my 7 year old) become obsessed with learning to front flip on the trampoline. In any case, balance with electronics is just part of growing up these days as I have come to accept. I have 4 kids and it is something they will be exposed to no matter what. My 11 year old has friends at school with iPhones and they show him all kinds of stuff. I can't really control that, only mitigate the damage. I also don't think it's fair to judge any parent that chooses to play while their kids are awake. There are assumptions being made with how long, when, etc and frankly, you just don't have a clue of how that person's household functions.

Back to the OP, I love sharing the game with all of my kids! Netherstorm, Stranglethorn and Nagrand are some of their favorites. My 7 year old loves the Northshire area because you get to put out the fires with water. Just wait as your kids get older, too. It's so fun to hear how they describe some of the mobs and abilities they see in WoW. Absolutely adorable. I can't remember the exact places they spawn, but my youngest was fascinated with whale sharks and the giant shark out in the Timeless Isle.

The maw, they need to learn the truth about life and the universe one day .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    my oldest ( then 3 ) really liked stormpeaks back in the days.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    I showed my two daughters (3/2) wow today. I took them to Pandaria and flew around for them. They liked telling me where to go and thought it was cool. Im curious what you all think would be the nicest places to show them in game?
    The colourful undersea world of Vashjir.

There's a really nice place in Draenor SMV. Here on the map, if memory serves... Super vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    Which is irrelevant, because he didn't ask what you were gonna do with your kids.
    It is also irrelevant what you think - if I prefer my future kids not to see any zone including the game, that's my decision to shre, regardless of whether you think it's relevant or not.

Probably Ardenweald. I would of loved that place as a kid.
    Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you guys?

OP simply asked what would be the greatest place in WoW to show to his daughters so they can enjoy a colorful and joyful part of the game, and you all went into some psycho-parenting crusade...
    People feel the need to virtue signal, regardless of context. Just ignore them, and they'll go away.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2021-01-10 at 06:43 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

barrens chat

Bastion of course, probably would be better with flying though.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    I showed my two daughters (3/2) wow today. I took them to Pandaria and flew around for them. They liked telling me where to go and thought it was cool. Im curious what you all think would be the nicest places to show them in game?
    Pandaria for sure, Ironforge (my daughter loved it there because of the lava and gnomes) the druid order hall and Ardenweald (speaking visually, not story).

Un'Goro Crater looks terrible by modern WoW standards, but its full of dinosaurs and bright colors, so maybe that as well!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If you have a Druid, then the Dreamgrove and the Dreamway. Val'sharah is also very pretty.

Feralas, Ashenvale and Teldrassil are also very vibrant, Winterspring and Storm Peaks is very lovely winter (I prefer Winterspring myself, but your children might love the peaks).
    Sholazar Basin is one of my favourite zones for relaxing and semi-tropic atmosphere, + I love the game music in the zone, same for Grizzly Hills.

You already went through Pandaria which is very pretty.

If you like more mysterious caverns with vibrant colours, Deepholm is also very exciting to explore.

Zuldazar is also very tropical and pretty, Vol'dun and Uldum/Tanaris can be cool for more desert-type looks, but gotta be aware of the bones and if you wanna show your children that.

If you have a max level character, Bastion and Ardenweald can also be cool places (Ardenweald can have some very cool scenery if you look at the surrounding mists or distant trees).

Mount Hyjal, under Nordrassil can be fun to explore too, since you can climb on the roots etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    Which is irrelevant, because he didn't ask what you were gonna do with your kids.
    Well said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    If you have a Druid, then the Dreamgrove and the Dreamway. Val'sharah is also very pretty.

Feralas, Ashenvale and Teldrassil are also very vibrant, Winterspring and Storm Peaks is very lovely winter (I prefer Winterspring myself, but your children might love the peaks).
    Sholazar Basin is one of my favourite zones for relaxing and semi-tropic atmosphere, + I love the game music in the zone, same for Grizzly Hills.

You already went through Pandaria which is very pretty.

If you like more mysterious caverns with vibrant colours, Deepholm is also very exciting to explore.

Zuldazar is also very tropical and pretty, Vol'dun and Uldum/Tanaris can be cool for more desert-type looks, but gotta be aware of the bones and if you wanna show your children that.

If you have a max level character, Bastion and Ardenweald can also be cool places (Ardenweald can have some very cool scenery if you look at the surrounding mists or distant trees).

Mount Hyjal, under Nordrassil can be fun to explore too, since you can climb on the roots etc.
    Excellent suggestions.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Someone said that the game should not be allowed before 15 yrs old... like wtf? Do you really believe that teengers, especially with such a huge access to the Internet nowadays, watch pink ponies dancing on the rainbow, or you are just trying to portray yourself as some smart and loving parent? Nope, they are vaping, drinking alcohol on "nights at friend's place" and having wild social life.
    I'm convinced some people either had insanely boring and sheltered childhoods or they forgot what they did as kids.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    When my brother (15 years younger than me) was showed WoW by me he loved Mulgore, he was 8 at the time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    If I had children, wow would never be on when they were awake or conscious. They'd be taught to see real life as is. and fight for that, rather than fantasy. It may have dominated my childhood, but it won't theirs, I'd teach them to see the good things in real life and the things worth having real fights to save or protect.

- - - Updated - - -

And wow's not one of them
    That's quite the statement. If and when that happens, be sure to practice what you preach.

OT: Daughters, 2 and 3? Show them all the snowy and forested areas of the game. Un'goro Crater!

The upside down Sinners

10+ Year Old Account
    OP here,

Thanks for all the great comments!
    My daughters definitely like running around and enjoying the world much more than video games right now, but it is really cute to get them seated for 10-15 minutes and watch me play the game. It is very entertaining. They think it's really cool that I can fly and they fight over which mount I should use. They are not playing the game but rather just like all the cool places we can explore (going under waterfalls, over a bridge, in the water, etc.)

For those saying you wouldn't do this if you had kids, I thought I would never be able to play WoW ever again once my first was conceived. But you have more time than you think. Also if my girls don't like WoW, that's fine, but I try to to expose them to a variety of things (video games, sports, barbies, tools, cars, whatever) so that they have every opportunity to decide what it is they like most.

Pandaria, definitely. Jade Forest for the ooh and aahs, Valley for the bright color palette and cartoony animals, Kun-Lai for the huge mountain, Isle of Giants for dinosaurs, what's not to like?

Maybe Zandalar as well, for massive pyramids, more dinosaurs, and fox people.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Take them outside instead?