Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    OP here,

Thanks for all the great comments!
    My daughters definitely like running around and enjoying the world much more than video games right now, but it is really cute to get them seated for 10-15 minutes and watch me play the game. It is very entertaining. They think it's really cool that I can fly and they fight over which mount I should use. They are not playing the game but rather just like all the cool places we can explore (going under waterfalls, over a bridge, in the water, etc.)

For those saying you wouldn't do this if you had kids, I thought I would never be able to play WoW ever again once my first was conceived. But you have more time than you think. Also if my girls don't like WoW, that's fine, but I try to to expose them to a variety of things (video games, sports, barbies, tools, cars, whatever) so that they have every opportunity to decide what it is they like most.
    Sounds like excellent parenting - have fun and stay safe. And may your lil' munchkins enjoy their time in WoW.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Frostfire Ridge

I've always loved the vibe and atmosphere of Elwynn Forest and Westfall. Stormwind as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    That's quite the statement. If and when that happens, be sure to practice what you preach.

OT: Daughters, 2 and 3? Show them all the snowy and forested areas of the game. Un'goro Crater!
    Just have a different philosophy of entertainment, life , reality, and virtual reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    showing them anything released after wotlk isn't doing them any favor

As a kid I would've LOVED seeing the scariest areas.

No joke. My sister would probably have preferred seeing Suramar City.

Have to throw in a vote for Ashenvale, even if it's lower res than the newer zones. The color palette, music, and general vibe make for a pretty fantastical experience. At least it did so for me when I experienced it for the first time way back when.

Goldshire Inn on Moonguard realm.

Karazhan Crypt, obviously. Have you seen kids shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    I showed my two daughters (3/2) wow today. I took them to Pandaria and flew around for them. They liked telling me where to go and thought it was cool. Im curious what you all think would be the nicest places to show them in game?
    My suggestions:

1) Grizzly Hills.
    2) Nagrand (either BC or WoD versions).
    3) Shadowmoon Valley (WoD)
    4) Kun-Lai Summit.
    5) Ardenweald.

Anyway, good luck with dem little gurls
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nagrand in Outland and Scholazar Basin in Northrend should be nice?

Probably most things that have to do with Night Elves.
    Before the recent... fire hazard Teldrasil was beautiful and the capitol had beautiful little ships going over the enchanted ponds.

If they like cosmic imagery then outland has some pretty backgrounds and other space-themed zones probably offer the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I wouldn't show WoW to little kids. I know people like to meme "it's a kids' game" but it's full of such violent and disturbing imagery I'd wouldn't let kids under 15 play it. And no, stylized artstyle doesn't change anything.
    How is WoW considered a kids game exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Given you've already looked at Pandaria, I think Draenor would be a great place. The zones are very distinct, ranging from Draenei crystal cities to Arakkoan high civilization to primitive Orc settlements, and the landscapes are gorgeous. One can fly pretty much anywhere there without issue. Broken Isles wouldn't be bad, but the zones seem a little less distinct to me.

Old Nagrand

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'm convinced some people either had insanely boring and sheltered childhoods or they forgot what they did as kids.
    I also think that partying kids project onto everyone else what they did. "Oh everyone got hammered, did drugs, and had sex at 15 just like me! All my friends did that!"

None of my friends did that stuff. I sat at the nerd table for lunch.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-11 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Every young girl should see the rooms leading up to mother in black temple at least once in her adolescence
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Legion Dalaran, I say "look, the players rather be here then in SL zones.."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    When my oldest son was about 5. so MOP era. he use to fly around and gather herbs and such for me. I would make it so you couldn't see the chat box. probably couldn't read them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I also think that partying kids project onto everyone else what they did. "Oh everyone got hammered, did drugs, and had sex at 15 just like me! All my friends did that!"

None of my friends did that stuff. I sat at the nerd table for lunch.
    I kept to myself up till about my junior year in high school when I apparently suddenly became cool and then I saw plenty of fucking in the gym, parking lot, bathrooms, chicks carry vibrators, sex in the woods next to the schools, behind the gas station, legit everywhere lol. I didn't know any type of person that didn't do stuff, not every person of course but being a nerd didn't exclude you from that type of stuff.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself