Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    The old Karazhan catacombs.
    See kids? This is what happens to people who don't eat their vegetables

5+ Year Old Account
    Nagrand ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    Nah dude, i'm not annoyed or offended. I'm surprised and amused. But what I wrote and meant seem to go completely over your head, which makes sense with what I wrote.
    You came across as offended.
    Children needed relity, let them get grounded in it first and understand the ropes of real life to a sufficient enough level, before they start getting mired in fantasy and delusion or get brainwashed by rubbish.

if they choose to go into that stuff when they're adults, then that's up to them, but I will ensure they have as much clarity and understanding of what is, to be able to make a good choice and always able to know reality from fiction clearly. And for me, that means no wow at an early age

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ardenweald is a magical place full of fairies with disney like voices, so it's a must go. Please avoid the withering parts with the gorms though.

You can always take them to that one basement in Silvermoon City. The gnomes there would really love to see them.

Scholomance would be quite inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I wouldn't show WoW to little kids. I know people like to meme "it's a kids' game" but it's full of such violent and disturbing imagery I'd wouldn't let kids under 15 play it. And no, stylized artstyle doesn't change anything.
    Joke's on you buddy. We were ripping our opponent's spines out and smashing each others skulls, or ripping their arms off completely in games like Mortal Kombat and Bloody Roar, when we were under 10 years old. Violence is part of our nature as humans, just look at over 6,000 years of recorded human history. CONTROLLING that nature is what separates us as Humans from the rest of the creatures of the animal kingdom. By the time they are 12 they'll have been in their first fist-fight on the playground, it's only natural/normal. Shielding them from violence till they're 15 is a huge mistake.

Hell, my bed-time stories as a child from my grandmother were from our rich mythology. I was exposed to Zeus castrating his own father and throwing his ballsack into the Mediterannean Sea, birthing the goddess Aphrodite in the process, at the age of 5. Who woulda known you could tell a story about patricide (killing your own father) to a 5yr old.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2021-01-19 at 11:47 AM.

Booty Bay for the pirate theme
    Deadmines entrance as this bandit hideout surprisingly hidden in a barn
    pre-cata shimmering flats with the racing tracks and crashed vehicles here and there
    Feralas with its huge trees, elven ruins and giants patrolling the coast
    Wotlk Dalaran with its sewers, possibility to fly into the city through sewer pipes, magical items (brooms etc.) and tall towers
    Scholazar Basin - tropical and colorful valley with dinosaurs and magical crystals
    Uldaman - huge ruin complex hidden beneath the earth, full of aventures (opening a gate with the staff)
    Nagrand with its floating islands, huge crystal mountain and elemental thrones
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

3+ Year Old Account
    hmm AU Shadowmoon Valley and Talador?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Mulgore
    Feralas
    Classic thousand needles
    Waterfall area of maraudon
    Grizzly hills

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    You came across as offended.
    Children needed relity, let them get grounded in it first and understand the ropes of real life to a sufficient enough level, before they start getting mired in fantasy and delusion or get brainwashed by rubbish.

if they choose to go into that stuff when they're adults, then that's up to them, but I will ensure they have as much clarity and understanding of what is, to be able to make a good choice and always able to know reality from fiction clearly. And for me, that means no wow at an early age
    Sorry then, maybe I was too blunt.

That's what I'm saying. A kid will tell the difference between watching dad show him crystalsong forest for 10 minutes on the computer (they get bored after that anyway) and going to the park, play with leaves and such. It's far, far from a brainwash. It looks like you're underestimating greatly what children can understand, even at a very young age. For example theory of mind starts as early as 4 years old. That's far beyond understanding 'reality'. Yet it's not the same as being impressionnable, as you can get scared or have nightmare of something that isn't real, and you know it's not real, but it was impressive enough to leave you a certain feeling and thoughts. That has no bearing in understanding reality.

The other thing is, children do need fantasy to develop their imagination, have fun and understand reality at their own pace. That's why they imagine games and scenarios that recreate what they see on TV or at school. Which doesn't mean they are 'delusional' or don't understand it, it means that they don't understand reality only by pure rationality and pragmatism like adults can. But, again, it's a matter of not dealing in absolutes.
    Last edited by Molov; 2021-01-20 at 11:51 AM.