Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Don't bring others down to try and lift yourself up...you just feel worse, and now so do they. No one wins. Treat other like you treat your kids. It's flawed design and horrible technical implementation on Blizzards side.
    when my kids know how to do something simple but do it wrong so they can cry about it later for validation i let them know theyre wrong. i could understand if this were some new type of problem but its literally been like this since vanilla beta. calling for the nerf of a laughably easy boss because even though you know how the system works but refuse to play to that system is a joke. ive 4 manned this boss after a bad player left on tyrannical there are no nerfs needed

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Don't bring others down to try and lift yourself up...you just feel worse, and now so do they. No one wins. Treat other like you treat your kids. It's flawed design and horrible technical implementation on Blizzards side.
    Hes just been on here arguing with everyone. Dudes probably got some shit going on in his home life. Ima just let him be and hopefully he feels better

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    That rain is my nightmare as disc priest too. I have no idea how to outheal it, while running from stuff at the same time. I guess, with 3+ disease dispels it might be doable, but with only priest dispell - no way. That rain should be nerfed, there's enough happening already.
    Outheal the first Rain with Radiance (you should have Pride for it), then Rapture second one and Barrier+Boon/Mindgames->Radiance the third.

Save Phial if you have it for third patch, if you have Mages/Paladins make sure they immune the second one. It should be near death when you get the third, do your best.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That one has already been nerfed. Next in line should be this Stradama gurl, at least the rain part. It's ezpz with me (priest) and two pallies from my guild, but a !@#$show with almost any other comp.
    it no longer overlaps / stacks with a previous rain?

any healer should be able to deal with it now.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

She just needs to cast the rain less often. She fucking spams it.

Nobody at Blizzard tested that fight on tyrannical past a 12.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Outheal the first Rain with Radiance (you should have Pride for it), then Rapture second one and Barrier+Boon/Mindgames->Radiance the third.

Save Phial if you have it for third patch, if you have Mages/Paladins make sure they immune the second one. It should be near death when you get the third, do your best.
    What about fourth, fifth and so on? Last time I healed it, she casted seven rains.

I'd be happy if people would stop asking for nerfs on content that they find challenging.

What, you feel entitled to do it as 15 Tyrannical? Maybe you should be able to do it at 20? Or let's decide on 25 being the 'wall'?

I agree the boss is hard on tyrannical, but.... let it? We're so early in the season and average ilvls are going to skyrocket, why ask for nerfs like this?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about fourth, fifth and so on? Last time I healed it, she casted seven rains.
    sounds like a dps problem

He should not get more than 3 rain phases.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    sounds like a dps problem
    It usually is yes.
    Just ran this on a +14 (I was healing).
    We 1 shot every boss (including the spider everyone says is harder) then, with 10 minutes left on timer and no deaths, we smashed our faces on Margrave, depleted the key, then eventually gave up.

The problem was we had no disease dispels and 2 of the DPS (the pugs) were about 1k (each) short of where they should of been so we simply ran out of CD’s due to the prolonged encounter and kept dying around 10%.

What irks me about this boss on Tyranical, is how you can steamroll the entire Dungeon only to hit a brick wall on the last boss without the perfect comp. Someone earlier in the thread said “take 2 Paladins” but in a game with 12 classes should we really be stacking 2 of the same to beat a boss in 5 man content?

On non-tyranical weeks, not having a Disease dispel in not a deal breaker, but on Tyranical, you need a very carefully put together group, even at lower keys, to mitigate or dispel the Rain -or- have extremely high DPS and rely on healer CD’s.

In my experience, while there are a few annoying bosses on Tyranical (in my Key rand anyway, 12-14), nothing compares to Margrave as a healer who can’t dispel disease.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'd be happy if people would stop asking for nerfs on content that they find challenging.

What, you feel entitled to do it as 15 Tyrannical? Maybe you should be able to do it at 20? Or let's decide on 25 being the 'wall'?

I agree the boss is hard on tyrannical, but.... let it? We're so early in the season and average ilvls are going to skyrocket, why ask for nerfs like this?
    No ones asking for that, let’s be a bit more realistic and less hyperbolic here.
    Many players simply do not understand the healing the requirements on this boss if your group doesn’t have a means to deal with the Rain, and on Tyranical, it can turn a perfect run into a dead key.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2021-01-16 at 05:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tanked it on my druid on +14 the other day, our pally healer had 3,5k hps after the boss.

Was healing it on +15 on my shaman - 7k hps in the end. We had 1 rain in p1, FIVE rains in p2, and didn't count the p3. Luckily we got the boss down though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you know the rains dont actually hit for that high right? yeah if you just let them all fully tick yes they do 200k, but if you... you know.. dispell them, then boom.
    You either need some extra pallies or decide who gets dispelled. No one has spam disease removal. That rain is honestly the toughest part simply because it is unavoidable. Some comps will deal with it fine, others need smart defensive weaves. Beyond that, I don't see her as too hard when it's 95% a smart position fight.

Mordretha is probably the most hectic fight of all the SL dungeons atm thanks to the overlapping mechanics. That boss alone makes me avoid Theater during Tyrannical weeks.
    Last edited by kail; 2021-01-16 at 06:56 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Its a tough and overtuned fight yea - but doable even on higher tyrannical weeks. The key is to have dps hold as many cd's for p2 as possible. Don't blast out your healing cd's in p1, try to pump it without and have dps use 1-2 minute personals. Dps blast cds in p2 and as a healer try to keep at least something for p3 (and lust p3). Worked for me so far even on a +17.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    That one is bullshit too.
    Massive difficulty spike compared to all other blsses exvept Strahdama
    Yeah. Giving you 2 things to dodge while having to organize rings and run away from suck in at the same time is a bit much.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Never struggled on Stradama but I'm a prot paladin so I can just assist for the rain dispell and rangepull the adds.

Yesterday on a +16 we had the pattern where 1st 3 tentacles hit and the rest after.

So 3 tentacles light up..they are supposed to hit...the whole group gets on the complete otherside of those 3...and gets instagibt.

They even had the hit animation on the other side of the room

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    It usually is yes.
    Just ran this on a +14 (I was healing).
    We 1 shot every boss (including the spider everyone says is harder) then, with 10 minutes left on timer and no deaths, we smashed our faces on Margrave, depleted the key, then eventually gave up.

The problem was we had no disease dispels and 2 of the DPS (the pugs) were about 1k (each) short of where they should of been so we simply ran out of CD’s due to the prolonged encounter and kept dying around 10%.

What irks me about this boss on Tyranical, is how you can steamroll the entire Dungeon only to hit a brick wall on the last boss without the perfect comp. Someone earlier in the thread said “take 2 Paladins” but in a game with 12 classes should we really be stacking 2 of the same to beat a boss in 5 man content?

On non-tyranical weeks, not having a Disease dispel in not a deal breaker, but on Tyranical, you need a very carefully put together group, even at lower keys, to mitigate or dispel the Rain -or- have extremely high DPS and rely on healer CD’s.

In my experience, while there are a few annoying bosses on Tyranical (in my Key rand anyway, 12-14), nothing compares to Margrave as a healer who can’t dispel disease.

No ones asking for that, let’s be a bit more realistic and less hyperbolic here.
    Many players simply do not understand the healing the requirements on this boss if your group doesn’t have a means to deal with the Rain, and on Tyranical, it can turn a perfect run into a dead key.
    i feel like if youre going to do keys over 10 then your group should take into consideration the class comp whether you like it or not. Monks Pallies and Priests can all dispel disease you dont need to stack any class and can still have a diverse class makeup and none of the disease dispel classes are weak in M+

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    The rain does 200k total dmg on a +14 (tyrannical i think it was).
    Not all healers can dispel disease.
    Most healers can't heal on the move.
    If you are doing Plaguefall and you bring a healer that can't dispel disease, you better bring another class that can, otherwise you yourself is the problem not the dungeon.

Also at the OP, the boss is one of the easiest end game bosses there is, because all the mechanics are avoidable. The "200k" dot on the group is easily managable, it doesn't do that much damage until the final tick, you can ramp up your heals. If you can't heal it, you're bad and don't belong in a 14. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeghost View Post
    Ive seen disc priests heal this on tyrannical +21. That should mean that 19 non-tyrannical is basically a "walk in the park".
    Dude what?

There are exactly 2 tyrannical plaguefall keys done, both depleted and healed by disc priests. Who are the #1 and #2 of all priests in the world (or warcraft). Usain Bolt ran the 100 meters in 9.58 seconds so surely 10 seconds should be a walk in the park for everyone...

Did a 14 plaguefall this week (tyrannical) with like 7 minutes left on it. And our healer had to afk for a few minutes to change his toddler's diaper before Margrave, so we would have 2-chested it easily. Not sure what the fuss is. You have lust and potentially pride. Do the mechanics. Switch to adds. Use defensives. Win.