Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Sooo, when will Margrave Stradama (Plaguefall) finally get nerfed?

Hardest mythic plus boss in the game
    With not one, not two, but THREE one shot mechanics in higher keys...

- Tentacles that one shot everyone that can't dance like a pro, And even Pros get hit sometimes especially with all the other overlaps

- 3 Zombies that melee for 40k on everyone but the Tank
    -> Require Super fast Tank pickup and super good dps.

- A soak (zombie Circle) that one shots the group, usually not a problem tho

- Poison Rain with 200k dmg with ONE cast WHILE the healer has to run away from Tentacles and Zombies in Phase 3

- The Tank can't even Kite the Zombies, if group dps is a little bit lower, because the Tank has to stay on the Boss!

- An Enrage in Phase 3 where everything comes together, she literally spams 200k Poison Rains while tentacles spawn so no chance to outheal it unless you have very big Cooldowns...

The Tank usually struggles to pick up the adds and not get one shot by everything
    The DPS struggle to kill everything fast enough and dance
    The Healer struggles to not get hit by zombies, dodge tentacles AND spam big healz while running to outheal the 200k Poison Rains

Yes if you have 7k dps per person the boss is easy, sadly 90% of random groups dont one shot this one...

This Boss, unless you have very high dps, a competent Tank AND Healer, is a Nightmare and the number one reason why i wont do any high Plaguefall Keys when there's Tyrannical, I dont know how many groups i had who cant kill this boss, be it +8 or +16.

Super annoying because this is the last boss, and if your group can't kill it and wipe a few times you basically lose an hour of your time.
    No other boss i can think of has an Enrage like this one.

If your key is high enough you probably won't kill this boss no matter how many tries you do.
    I watched some streams of +19 (Fortified) keys, because i wanted to know how a disc priest heals this:
    The answer is: He doesn't. He died 2 times in p3 with BREZ and the group somehow killed it fast enough...

Just Horrible, requires at least a 30% nerf on most abilities IMHO

Another fix would be to just fix Phase 3, No more Poison Rain + Tentacles at the same time...
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-01-11 at 05:02 AM.

Just because some groups cant do it, shouldn't mean it gets nerfed. Speaking from my experience, Margrave was easier of the bosses, compared to the spider one before it. That mechanic seems to get people killed if they don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkra View Post
    Just because some groups cant do it, shouldn't mean it gets nerfed. Speaking from my experience, Margrave was easier of the bosses, compared to the spider one before it. That mechanic seems to get people killed if they don't get it.
    I rarely wiped to the spider even on my highest key.
    Just tell everyone to AoE the Spiderwebs ASAP.
    Make the healer move as little as possible so he can spam heals and the spider is really easy...

The Spider requires some support from the group and a good healer i think
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-01-11 at 02:04 AM.

Yeah I agree with you on this one. She is RIDICULOUSLY overtuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    That rain is my nightmare as disc priest too. I have no idea how to outheal it, while running from stuff at the same time. I guess, with 3+ disease dispels it might be doable, but with only priest dispell - no way. That rain should be nerfed, there's enough happening already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    - Poison Rain with 200k dmg with ONE cast WHILE the healer has to run away from Tentacles and Zombies in Phase 3

The Healer struggles to not get hit by zombies, dodge tentacles AND spam big healz while running to outheal the 200k Poison Rains
    you know the rains dont actually hit for that high right? yeah if you just let them all fully tick yes they do 200k, but if you... you know.. dispell them, then boom.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I think it's mostly the rain burst damage window that is a bit overtuned right now, but then again, there is nothing else to heal. Honestly would be better to nerf the rain damage by 50% but add constant ticking damage or something.

Otherwise.. it's not that hard. If you sleep in on the tentacle dance, run quickly straight through the middle (boss position) and use a def cd. It doesn't hit that hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you know the rains dont actually hit for that high right? yeah if you just let them all fully tick yes they do 200k, but if you... you know.. dispell them, then boom.
    Not every group will be able to dispel disease.

The rain needs to be nerfed, and her cast when tank is out of melee slowed so that she doesn't instantly spam it and he can pick up the adds. The rest of the mechanics are fine, if punishing, but the rain especially is just kind of ridiculous in phase 3. Sure, that's what Lust is for, but the phase seems designed for a Prideful buff you won't have at that point.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    There're... you know... some classes... without disease dispells... And even those who have disease dispells... got cooldowns...

So yeah, boom. You're dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Barely timed it on a 14 with a guild group earlier. Though we had a priest to dispel and me using AMZ on my DK for two of the casts. We still had 2 deaths in the last phase when tentacles came up in a bad pattern while the adds were still being kited so the dps had to run through them with personals but got 1hit by the adds anyway. And this was on the Fortified week. I cannot see the same group getting anywhere close to a kill even with the prideful buff + lust on tyrannical setting next reset. Avg ilv in the group was 211, although the spriest and mm hunt weren't exactly shining on the meters, so there's some gap to make up there for a more accurate picture. That being said, however, I do think the tuning for this encounter is ridiculous, and is not suited for anything but organized groups, even on a 10 or 11, forget 14+.
    At the very least she shouldn't spawn her adds in the last phase if she's gonna do the rain and the tentacles. If there's no adds to kill, most average groups can at least scrape by and get a kill, and not feel like the 30+ mins spent in the rest of the key wasn't entirely wasted. Cuz right now, in the pug scene, Plaguefall keys just die on the last boss more often than not, wasting 35-40 mins for each failed PF key.
    Ofc, if the players in your group are really good and extract every bit of dps they can, then they might just meet the requirements to deal with adds and the boss while the healer can find a safe spot to heal through the rain. But let's be honest, most players who run m+ aren't always extracting orange/pink log worthy dps in keys, at least not in pugs, so it's just a dead key only because of a 3 minute boss encounter most weeks.

That's the problem though. If your group doesn't have at least 3 Disease cleanses it's incredibly difficult to outheal without blowing every CD in your spellbook. It requires a far-too-specific group comp to counter.

Ever done hakkar on tyrannical? THAT is one hell of a dps check that becomes unkillable incredibly fast.

Unless it's not normal for the adds to always spawn like 3 seconds before the shield cast and all adds respawning simultaneously.

the first two issues you have (zombies and tentacles) are a you issue. the mobs need to be slowed and killed and tentacles avoided. and no, you don't have to be a pro to understand that standing in front of something that is designed to kill you will, in fact, kill you. the rain being such high damage though is a concern for me but i don't play a healer and people are managing to do it on 15+ so it definitely can be dealt with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously experience at lower keys doesn't necessarily reflect how the keys are on the high end, but I would be surprised if Margrave was the worst boss over, say, something like Hakkar. Plaguefall usually has a decent completion rate on high keys, even on Tyrannical weeks.

I don't think the tentacles are that hard to dodge and even a shitty player like me rarely is killed by them. The adds absolutely wreck but are controllable or avoidable. The main problem with the fight IMO is her rain. It is brutal, especially as someone who heals on a class that can't cure disease, and requires cooldowns even on lower keys. But even if you have a disease dispel you can get, what, one person in that time? One less person to panic heal is great but that's not necessarily going to save the group. I'd love to see the rain nerfed or at least changed to magic to all healers have some power over it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'd say the only thing about Stradama that might be worth tweaking is the poison rain, but even then that's something that's mostly comp dependent. Many bosses end up being significantly easier/harder depending on the group you bring. Between classes with dispels, immunities, Kyrians with a free vial cleanse, and defensive cooldowns in general, there are a lot of things you can do to take the edge off the rain. All the other mechanics in the fight are very predictable and straightforward for an experienced M+ group to deal with.

Of course, that comes with the caveat that pugs can't be expected to coordinate those things. Shadowlands more than any previous expansion feels like it puts a huge emphasis on coordination/execution over gear in M+. I expect Stradama is the sort of boss that's a nightmare for pugs on 10+.

The major thing about Stradama is that the tentacles hit animation isn't exactly right so people will die thinking they're safe. Most people have learned to overcompensate by now, but it still catches people in the heat of everything going on

The rain does 200k total dmg on a +14 (tyrannical i think it was).
    Not all healers can dispel disease.
    Most healers can't heal on the move.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, there's only 2 changes i would make to Stradama.

First, of course, is the Plague Rain, especially during the last phase. It's predictable for the first few casts, but once she starts to continually cast it that quickly becomes unhealable. Considering everything else going on, it needs at least a 20% nerf to the damage AND to be changed to a magic dispel (Or Blizzard can try something completely new and make it a combination Poison/Disease/Magic effect). It becomes trivial if you have 2 disease dispels in the group, and is absolutely grotesque if you have none. Needs changing.

Secondly is the Tentacles - They need a area indicator of where they are going to hit, preferable as soon as the tentacles come up. Maybe a light poisonous mist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Ever done hakkar on tyrannical? THAT is one hell of a dps check that becomes unkillable incredibly fast.

Unless it's not normal for the adds to always spawn like 3 seconds before the shield cast and all adds respawning simultaneously.
    Hakkar is the first boss.
    So if you struggle with him that's only 10 min wasted

I was able to time a +16 PF this week, as a resto druid. I will never even try to do it again on tyrranical weeks. Even on fort weeks that boss is a pain at that level.

All the bosses in there are actually very easy to heal, except that damn rain. it needs to either be nerfed damage wise, or leave the damage alone and make it stack fewer times.

The 3rd phase is certainly a soft enrage. Only suggestion I have...use prideful for the start, save big ass cooldowns and lust for the last phase, and kill her before the damage gets too high.