Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They're kill or be killed, strong to a certain point

Prot does good damage for a tank and has the best utility, but is by far the squishiest tank and suspiciously had it's mobility reduced when DH's were introduced.

It's a shell of what it was as recently as Legion, but my biggest problem with prot paladin is its playstyle. The SL version managed to take the worst of MoP/WoD and combine it with the worst of Legion/BFA. Prot hasn't felt this clumsy since WotLK.

If you're just raiding, Venthyr is the correct choice. Divine Toll is pathetic on single target and doesn't have nearly the impact that Ashen Hallow does, which can save the raid at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Protection Paladins are immortal.. In Trivial content.

Once you hit harder content, they tend to fall behind, and are considered to be a fairly weak tank for higher M+ due to somewhat lower damage and lack of kiting tools - Once you start hitting 17+ as a Protection Paladin you have to either start bringing out 100% of it's potential or rely heavily on outside help (Compared to DHs especially)

They are allright in Mythic raiding though.

Also, use Gonk. Virtually every other Zandalari Embrace's effect on gameplay is trivial/unnoticeable, but you definetly will notice that 5% speed boost all the !@#$ing time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I just started leveling a prot pally, switched to ret for a while and it was boring as hell, then switched back and it's so fun. It feels like you could pull as much as you want and not worry about it. I came here to see if there was discussion about this and your post was at the top of the page, haha. I don't raid or do mythics so this is my favorite spec in the game right now.