Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No melee week incoming?

Can you imagine having to chase explosive orbs spawning inside all the shit & puke puddles in NW or ToP? Space is tight enough as is without the affix asking you to commit suicide

All week is no melee week. M+ is very unkind to melee DPS this expansion, which kinda sucks with how raids have historically favored ranged while melee had their dungeon playground in Legion and BFA.

Oh well, I'm sure explosive won't be as bas as sanguine/quaking SD.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Lol we bring the exact minimum melee we can to anything ever rn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combine the overall melee unfriendlyness along with the AoE cap of basically every melee, and it's no wonder this expansion is so bad for Melee. Melee aren't even better then Casters at AoEing down 5-8 mobs, instead it's equal until you get more at which point casters just skyrocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It is never melee week, the casterCHADs has the PvE scene locked down

It's nice being able to do content as a ranged player this expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Hell yeah, I retired my Paladin main after 16 years, having tons o fun on a Hunter. Melee have had it so hard for such a long time, though that's not why I changed mains.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

This week isn't melee week either, at least in EU it's Sanguine and Quake. Unless the tank is really switched on it's just a shitshow, of course probably hurts casuals and pugs more than organised groups, if the tank is switched on and the ranged aren't hugging it's easy to deal with without losing much dps or taking excessive damage.

When I do dungeons on my hunter I'm like "whoa look at all this real estate".. Not only can you see all mechanics much easier but your working space isn't splitting hairs on the margins of whether you do dps or die, it's just easy game easy life because it's super convenient and casual to avoid a mechanic while still dealing damage. Still though, I lose interest in the game so fast when I play ranged.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-01-12 at 06:00 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Well the 2nd boss in Mists in some bullshit. Every clone spawns its own explosive orb and they spawn very frequently

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is making up for years and years of 'World of MeleeCraft' dominance.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they would be macro target able would be nice. As ranged im doin it but melee is just faster until orbs are inside of tank aoe are.

Compared to spiteful weeks every week feels like a meele week now lol

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    In the last 10 years, in which raid tier was it a good idea to recruit more melee DPS than ranged DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    In the last 10 years, in which raid tier was it a good idea to recruit more melee DPS than ranged DPS?
    Honestly, my memories might be bad but from what i remember the last melee tier was Dragon Soul, not sure where he pulled 'World of MeleeCraft'

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I hardly disagree that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Ye because raids always been soooooo ranged unfriendly.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Uldir (excluding Fetid Devourer only)
    Nighthold in its entirety. 10 melees at M Gul'dan says hello.

2 very recent examples of melee-heavy raids.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Uldir (excluding Fetid Devourer only)
    Spotted the person who never did pre-nerf Mythrax.
    Ghuun was also bad with too many melees.
    Zul was "every dps reroll sub rogue pls". It wasn't exactly "melee friendly" rather "1-spec friendly".

Except Nighthold there was no raid in the last 5 years you wanted to bring more than 4-5 melee on the roster. Meanwhile ranged would be double that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    All week is no melee week. M+ is very unkind to melee DPS this expansion, which kinda sucks with how raids have historically favored ranged while melee had their dungeon playground in Legion and BFA.

Oh well, I'm sure explosive won't be as bas as sanguine/quaking SD.
    is this why almost every single m+ team in the rankings for sl season has either a rogue or windwalker?some even have both

and casters arent even represented all that much more,as its either a boomkin or a mage pretty much the same situation as melee representation

some also run marks hunter,but thats simply because of the marks dps is to good for aoe and singletarget and mobility,some teams even have 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Spotted the person who never did pre-nerf Mythrax.
    Ghuun was also bad with too many melees.
    Zul was "every dps reroll sub rogue pls". It wasn't exactly "melee friendly" rather "1-spec friendly".

Except Nighthold there was no raid in the last 5 years you wanted to bring more than 4-5 melee on the roster. Meanwhile ranged would be double that.
    Its annoying yeah,mecanics targeting melee when most ur grp is melee sucks,but there are tradeoffs,ranged cant dps and move like melee,melee interupts are better(exept for ele shaman)

but idk what is the problem right now melee seems to be doing just fine,its very well represented in castle,windwalker is dominating,dont think we have seen a melee ever dominate this way since cataclysm,unholy is not only doing good dmg but utility wise its a must have,enha is doing good,feral for the first time since who knows how long is above averege,warrior is the only melee not doing well

also one thing to keep in mind,windwalker and feral are actualy much better than the data shows,as the samples are small and very few really good players are playing it overall until everyone rerols cuz fotm,if they were popular classes we would have seen both doing much much better

7+ Year Old Account
    Its welcomed changed after BfA, in which I had to switch to rogue and dh as my m+ alts, because being declined for 30 minutes straight as a ranged was annoying and waste of time.
    Especially rogue was invited to almost every group I sign for.