Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To keep it simple they could make it so each demon type would only VISUALLY replace one of the existing pets.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    eredar?! Eredar! Trifling gnome your arrogance will be your undoing!
    In-fer-no!
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Their balancing isnt, and people's entitlement knows no limits.

If Warlocks get something, mages will cry about elementals or something cause pet, or skins for the ice elemental and similar stuff.

Then the rest will follow because "mah entitlement".

Its why we cant have nice things in this game anymore for pretty much anything.
    I mean, some do make sense.

15 years having the same Boomkin model mmmm.

There was a post about a similar idea not so long ago for druid. The ability to "learn" existing beast models the way hunters do. But blizz will probably never do it

Vilefiends can be summoned via a talent for Demo Locks.
    Fel Lords can be summoned via a PvP talent for Demo Locks.
    "Call Dreadstalkers" is a core ability for Demo Locks.
    And the Doomguard is back now - Albeit in it's gimmicky state.

And while I as a Hunter main do love the concept of permanent pets: I think the current system fits Warlocks better. Warlocks do permanently bind / enslave lesser demons to be their permanent companions / guardians while calling upon stronger or more frenetic demons to serve them for a limited time - Reasoning that holding on these stronger or more uncontrollable demons is something which would be too difficult to do permanently.

I can also see problems rising here with what one could call "The Lore" aspects of WoW. For PURELY Balancing reasons; Hunter pets is boiled down to be very simple in their design and function. Long gone is the days of certain pet families having different stats and abilities that would affect DPS; but for Hunter pet's and their fantasy... That aint too damming? I can see that aspect be sacrificed for gameplay balance given that mostly all pets (Up and until recently at least) were just that; Beasts. Tamed beasts. It sort of stops there. Yet Demons is nothing like beasts, they are way more intelligent and needs to be treated differently.

Another thing is abilities; While Hunter pets have different "Family abilities" these are all just 6 re-colored variants of different Defensive or Debuff style abilities with most BM Hunter pets having an additional ability which mostly is just purely "fluff" that serves little to no practical use besides the Spectral Beast heal. Warlock pets could not get this treatment as each individual demon is known for having a "Purpose among demons" and with that, they would need varying specific abilities to go with them. This is why the current core demons work (Even tho they also have been boiled down over the years) - If you add more Warlock pets to be "bind-able" (Instead of tameable) then surely; Blizzard could be lazy and do like the Hunter pets: just add essential re-skins to the functions of the Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter and Fel Guard; But this would strip away the identity / role that said demon would have.

Some Demons (As already mentioned in this thread) should be off limits as well like Pit Lords and Eredars due to them just being in general way too strong / intelligent for a Warlock to maintain a permanent grasp on. I say this yet... Hunter's can now tame Nalak which is a sentient, talking Could Serpent so... I suppose Blizzard could just go "Hunter" with the Locks but the biggest issue(s) of all then would be:

You'd have two fully identical sticks shared between 2 classes which is boring. And many did not sign up to be a Lock in order to go and "enslave" a Demon in the wild but to call upon them for their services.

But what they COULD do is let you enslave different variations / skin variants of the current core Demons as while there are some Glyphs to alter pet appearances; it could be expanded upon some more. (They would maybe even be able to re-skin some od the older models in the process around the world to spark things up)

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Or - you know- maybe they just dont agree with that idea........

Blizzard does not agree with alot of shit. Hence the 'old and stale' state of the game. Last I checked on the lore of warlocks, and in stories, they are suppose to learn new spells and rituals. Same old corruption, agony, siphon life, and unstable affliction spells are getting old. The only time the warlock class ever felt revived was in MoP. And yet the developers think it is the players getting tired of the game. Hell it is the developers refusing to make this game fun beyond rental powers.

Definitely NOT all the players fault.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Vilefiends can be summoned via a talent for Demo Locks.
    Fel Lords can be summoned via a PvP talent for Demo Locks.
    "Call Dreadstalkers" is a core ability for Demo Locks.
    And the Doomguard is back now - Albeit in it's gimmicky state.
    Demonic Tyrants first iteration was an Inquisitor
    Demon glare I think It’s called, the eyeball boi is a new demon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Blizzard does not agree with alot of shit. Hence the 'old and stale' state of the game. Last I checked on the lore of warlocks, and in stories, they are suppose to learn new spells and rituals. Same old corruption, agony, siphon life, and unstable affliction spells are getting old. The only time the warlock class ever felt revived was in MoP. And yet the developers think it is the players getting tired of the game. Hell it is the developers refusing to make this game fun beyond rental powers.

Definitely NOT all the players fault.
    Oh look. Aggrophobic got an alt account called aggressive. Nice :P

There is no fault here. THe game company just disagrees with your personal opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    But these models are already ingame!
    yes, they are, but still aint guna happen, blizz dont like warlocks

doomguard gone
    metamorph gone
    abyssal and terrorguard gone
    soulshards dont even show for anyone but you making the glyph just as good as a sharpie on your monitor
    wrathguard stuck at 1 weapon forever now
    Oracle, Shivvarah, and greater imp all have new models, but they still use the TBC model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the ghoul was updated in legion i think,and the abomination,but the 2 glyphs for gheist and skeleton no
    Need to bring back the spiked ghoul and when they used to talk when you clicked on them

I created a goblin warlock in Legion specifically because of that sick talent that let you permanently have an Infernal. So much fun. It was detected

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I hear you, but the only way to stop that is to just continue doing things anyway. The pc/whine-culture has to end anyway.
    The heat death of the universe will happen first.

The last thing that'll happen as the universe fades to nothing is a neckbeard demanding that they nerf entropy . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Or - you know- maybe they just dont agree with that idea........
    They don't agree with more customizable characters?
    Unlikely.

They've said a few times that they don't have the resources to add animations and models to the extent they want however. Something that is silly of course but thats Blizzards reason to cheap out.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no fault here. THe game company just disagrees with your personal opinion.
    Nope, I have one account. Never managed to get myself banned or had any other reason to make an extra account.

No, you're gonna use that one single imp, and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Eredar?! EREDAR! Trifling gnome your arrogance will be your undoing!
    Nobody tell him we can already summon Prince Malchezzar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhorek View Post
    To keep it simple they could make it so each demon type would only VISUALLY replace one of the existing pets.
    Like the glyphs, but more of them, and make them quest rewards!

Blizzard hates warlocks. Just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Blizzard hates warlocks. Just deal with it.
    And rogues and death knights and demon hunters.

Ummmmm. who the hell is Aggrophobic? Anyways last I checked, I can give my opinion on the forums like everyone else. And I don't live for Blizz to agree with my personal opinion. Do yourself a favor and know what the hell you talking about. You just making yourself look like a Dumb Ass. Especially when you thought I was someone else.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2021-01-13 at 04:47 AM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Ummmmm. who the hell is Aggrophobic? Anyways last I checked, I can give my opinion on the forums like everyone else. And I don't live for Blizz to agree with my personal opinion. Do yourself a favor and know what the hell you talking about. You just making yourself look like a Dumb Ass. Especially when you thought I was someone else.
    Its quite literally your other account. The one i replied to, the one with a similar sounding name and lots more posts ye? IE your main account.

You are the one replying to me, as per your account. If you cant handle the fact that i have a different opinion then you, perhaps a discussion forum isnt the place for you(as i've repeadedly made the forum mods who dont give a shit aware off)

Its quite literally your other account. The one i replied to, the one with a similar sounding name and lots more posts ye? IE your main account.

You are the one replying to me, as per your account. If you cant handle the fact that i have a different opinion then you, perhaps a discussion forum isnt the place for you(as i've repeadedly made the forum mods who dont give a shit aware off)
    So I see you are a troll. The only thing I do with trolls is put them on ignore.