Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    skins for the ice elemental and similar stuff
    great idea!!!!
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Their balancing isnt, and people's entitlement knows no limits.

If Warlocks get something, mages will cry about elementals or something cause pet, or skins for the ice elemental and similar stuff.

Then the rest will follow because "mah entitlement".

Its why we cant have nice things in this game anymore for pretty much anything.
    While i agree with you, we can also take a step back and look at the classes. Why not at least sometimes... even rarely give other classes something nice too? Most classes haven't gotten anything at all since their creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    So I see you are a troll. The only thing I do with trolls is put them on ignore.
    Reply to a random person.

That person argues their viewpoint

get angry like a gorilla and start throwing a tantrum

the person throws some more facts at you

block him

Thats an error 40 right there

Oh, Warlocks (and other classes, to address the silly argument that some use to disqualify this discussion) definitely need more customization for permanent pets.
    I've been advocating for a system similar to Hunter Taming for years.
    Back then, I mostly thought about getting recolors for the existing demons, but you're right, Legion introduced new demons that could be used as alternative models, new "forms" for the current ones. I'll refer to the set of current demon + new models as a role.

I see two possible approaches here:
    • With your current equivalent pet out, you channel a spell on a target NPC demon of the same role, on success you replace your current demon (who is stunned to prevent taunts etc.) with the target. Lore-wise, you sacrifice your current demon to gain the power to subjugate the target. Functionally, this would be almost identical to Hunter Taming.
    • Alternatively, looking at the Barbershop overhaul and the integration of the Druid Forms, you could subjugate demons in the wild to add them to your collection, to be chosen as the current demon for a role at the Barbershop.
      This could either involve taming, or crafted/dropped items to unlock them, see what happened to Druid Form 'Glyphs'.
      Or even a mix of both, tomes (see the Hunter Pet Family ones) to unlock specific families of demons to be then 'tamed' for your collection.

Expanding on @Highlord Hanibuhl's list of newer demons, here's an idea of what demons could be added to which role:
    [current options in brackets]
    • [Imp], basic ranged caster with defensive utility for the Warlock: Wyrmtongue, Inquisitor, possibly Gan'arg (have we seen those since BC? Might've been rolled into Wyrmtongue)
    • [Felhunter, Observer] melee with interrupt and offensive dispel: Felstalker as Felhunter variant, Vilefiend, Bilescourge
    • [Succubus, Shivarra] melee with CC: Aranasi (web wrap instead of the seduce)
    • [Voidwalker, Void Lord] tank: Vilefiend in another possible role, Void Hound, Ur'zul, Jailer
    • [Felguard, Wrathguard] melee/tank for Demonology: Fel Lord, Mo'arg Brute (one of those was the original wielder of the Maw of the Damned, the Blood DK Artifact)
      It should be noted that except Wrathguard, which are Eredar, the above are all members of the Mo'arg race, so closely related anyway.
    • I don't see good options for Doomguards and Infernals/Abyssals other than recolors themselves. Possibly the Overfiends, which would work for either, but are a bit too flashy, imho.

Not gonna expand on other classes' pets here, as this is a Warlock subforum, but trust me, I have plenty of ideas, and parts of what I speculated here would be applicable for those, too.

Final thoughts on minor issues:

To preserve Macro compatibility, e.g. "Summon Imp" would remain the base spell, and if you have an Inquisitor as your 'caster' demon, the spell "Summon Inquisitor" replaces it, similar to how certain talents replace base abilities, while the name of the base ability can still be used in macros. This also prevents having to rename the summon spells to a generic name (which would still have to be used in other UI elements like the Collection, or the equivalent of the Beast Lore tooltip, though, to convey to players which demons are grouped together)

Demon Abilities would be reused where possible, or given replacements with different names and visuals, but the same effect (see my example for Aranasi above)

Current glyphs that swap pet models should be converted to this system, either removed or changed to non-glyph items. These can still be created by Inscription, just become permanent unlocks. Glyphs should (in my opinion) be for spell visual changes and the like, not model swaps. Although I would like for class customization to eventually be rolled into the Barbershop as well.
    Warlock would need new glyphs, of course, most current ones are for demon model swaps.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Personally I'd like an Overfiend the most. I.e. the fiery demons that use the model of Baleroc from Firelands raid. Preferably a purple one. When we had Doomguards they made a good fit for a Doomguard glyph since Baleroc's model used the Doomguard skeleton in the first place, but then they took Doomguards away... No, the "let's give Warlocks useless shit and pretend this is what the community meant by unpruning" Ritual of Doom doesn't count.

And since Warlocks also use Void creatures, Void Revenant would be my second pick. Though all alternate Void creatures are neat. Third pick would be Doommaidens. Then Eredar Twins. Then Jailers. Then, still in order, Aranasi, Inquisitors, Imp Mothers (would make for a funny cooldown for Demonology), Terrorguards and Abyssals.

Their balancing isnt, and people's entitlement knows no limits.

If Warlocks get something, mages will cry about elementals or something cause pet, or skins for the ice elemental and similar stuff.

Then the rest will follow because "mah entitlement".

Its why we cant have nice things in this game anymore for pretty much anything.
    They could always just add them as cosmetic options through glyphs or whatever. And there is already a neat new skin available for ice elementals, i.e. Jaina's mount. Would make perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Some demons should remain off-limits, like pit lords, eredar and dreadlords, but others should definitely be added, even if just for flavor. After all it kinda makes sense for warlocms to have gained more knowledge in the wake of Legion.
    We already have Eredar pets since MoP. That's what Wrathguards are. And the Demonic Tyrants are Eredar Brutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Personally I'd like an Overfiend the most. I.e. the fiery demons that use the model of Baleroc from Firelands raid. Preferably a purple one. When we had Doomguards they made a good fit for a Doomguard glyph since Baleroc's model used the Doomguard skeleton in the first place, but then they took Doomguards away... No, the "let's give Warlocks useless shit and pretend this is what the community meant by unpruning" Ritual of Doom doesn't count.

And since Warlocks also use Void creatures, Void Revenant would be my second pick. Though all alternate Void creatures are neat. Third pick would be Doommaidens. Then Eredar Twins. Then Jailers. Then, still in order, Aranasi, Inquisitors, Imp Mothers (would make for a funny cooldown for Demonology), Terrorguards and Abyssals.

They could always just add them as cosmetic options through glyphs or whatever. And there is already a neat new skin available for ice elementals, i.e. Jaina's mount. Would make perfect sense.

We already have Eredar pets since MoP. That's what Wrathguards are. And the Demonic Tyrants are Eredar Brutes.
    True enough, though both seem rather degenerated. What i meant is more like Kil'jaeden, Archimonde or other distinctly intelligent eredar.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more than happy with the addition of more glyphs that could help achieve this!

Plus.. canonically, the player warlock held the scepter of Sargeras and is still a very powerful warlock. Summoning big demons wouldn't be such a bad idea. If the warlock can maintain the control over a towering infernal and doom guard, a lot more is possible.

So I see you are a troll. The only thing I do with trolls is put them on ignore.
    He is indeed. He is a bit of a stalker of mine as well. He used to have stuff I wrote as signatures and everything.
    A tad creepy but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He is indeed. He is a bit of a stalker of mine as well. He used to have stuff I wrote as signatures and everything.
    A tad creepy but still.

Ok. Now that is creepy indeed. I was wondering why he was calling me by your name. Yeah you might want to put him on ignore as well. Damn dude is a flake for sure. And a bad one at that.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

There is absolutely no reason the demonic tyrant shouldn’t be a pit lord.

Ok. Now that is creepy indeed. I was wondering why he was calling me by your name. Yeah you might want to put him on ignore as well. Damn dude is a flake for sure. And a bad one at that.
    Yeah, perhaps.

True enough, though both seem rather degenerated. What i meant is more like Kil'jaeden, Archimonde or other distinctly intelligent eredar.
    Neither are degenerated or unintelligent and Eredar Brutes are outright elite members of the Legion that went through an additional Fel transformation to prove their devotion to Sargeras. With the highest ranked of their kind being Erodus, a Legion general and a member of the Antoran High Command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It also feels more in line with the class fantasy.
    A warlock could continue to study up on demonology and try to summon and bind more and more demons to its will - similair to how hunters venture the worlds taming animal companions.

Demonology-spec should still be the 'all out with demons'-spec, but affliction and destruction could really benefit from some demon love!

Would pay small fortune to replace my imps with something. Even floaty eyes , shooting lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Neither are degenerated or unintelligent and Eredar Brutes are outright elite members of the Legion that went through an additional Fel transformation to prove their devotion to Sargeras. With the highest ranked of their kind being Erodus, a Legion general and a member of the Antoran High Command.
    I know what they are, but it has to be said that the Legion does often overvalue brawn. Also he was flanked by two distinctly more intelligent colleagues in that fight.

With degenerated intellect i do not mean that they become unintelligent, i mean that they are reduced in that capacity, or were of lesser quality in that regard beforehand.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Its a nice idea for future expansion content, but the question is what design space they'll fill. Just glyphed graphical options? i wouldn't mind. But with a pit lord you're expecting something grand. A cooldown for demonology maybe? (though the current Commander model is kinda neat). I wouldnt mind it as a baseline aoe cd kinda like the demonology pvp giant-felguard looking fella that guards a zone, could work for any specc if you pick the right demon and the proper interaction with spells.

But i think the most room we have is for permament pets. Maybe a pet that constantly reduces a single target's damage? (more useful for pvp but can find lots of interesting cases for Torghast and solo play). A dimension related pet (voidhound perhaps?)that lets you put your circle where its at, and your gateway where its at and instantly?

The possibility to put them to enhance gameplay exists, though i can't fault blizz for shying away from it when the current kit works pretty well.

As cosmetic replacements for existing ones, sure. But warlock doesn't need more utility pets.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening because Blizzard doesn't like fun.

If it WAS going to happen, Burning Crusade or Legion were the expansions to do it in. Since it didn't happen then, I doubt it ever will. Which sucks.

Some demons should remain off-limits, like pit lords, eredar and dreadlords, but others should definitely be added, even if just for flavor. After all it kinda makes sense for warlocms to have gained more knowledge in the wake of Legion.
    We already have eredar. What did you suppose the tyrant was?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    We already have eredar. What did you suppose the tyrant was?
    Also, it's been mentioned here before, so is the Wrathguard (glyphed Felguard)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.