Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Outlaw rogue burst dmg

Hey folks, I was wondering how you do burst dmg?
    Single target and AoE. When fight is a bit longer my overall dmg comes the same as others but burst is terrible... less then a tank.
    So I was wondering what is your experience with it?

Quote Originally Posted by cuftaBeliMa View Post
    Hey folks, I was wondering how you do burst dmg?
    Single target and AoE. When fight is a bit longer my overall dmg comes the same as others but burst is terrible... less then a tank.
    So I was wondering what is your experience with it?
    Don’t expect any significant burst as Outlaw in either ST or AOE. Outlaw is a sustained dps spec. In dungeons your overall dps should be pretty good but you will never burst very high. You just do consistently decent dps.

6 roll the bones at the start is our only way, roll the bones need to change a little in my eyes

All has been said - you're not going to have aoe burst as a mage or boomkin or hunter. You'll still do reasonable damage but that's it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    All has been said - you're not going to have aoe burst as a mage or boomkin or hunter. You'll still do reasonable damage but that's it.
    Not sure I believe this statement. Was in a group last night with a fire mage. He/she was iLvL 212. bastard AoE'ed all the trash in 2 packs we pulled together for 42K. Sorry but that is more then burst enough for me. Granted that was 2 huge packs we pulled. But still. Fire mages are doing real well right now. None of them should be complaining.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Outlaw (or Combat) was never about burst but about sustained dps. The only thing you can do if you need to burst something up is pop your cooldowns and/or potions or pray the RNG gods to bless you with a full blown RtB hand, which will never happen. For a burst spec, you should go Sub which is the text book definition of what bursting is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Not sure I believe this statement. Was in a group last night with a fire mage. He/she was iLvL 212. bastard AoE'ed all the trash in 2 packs we pulled together for 42K. Sorry but that is more then burst enough for me. Granted that was 2 huge packs we pulled. But still. Fire mages are doing real well right now. None of them should be complaining.
    ...that was my point? Outlaw rogue won't ever reach the level of fire mages or boomkin or hunters or unholy DK.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...that was my point? Outlaw rogue won't ever reach the level of fire mages or boomkin or hunters or unholy DK.
    you're not going to have aoe burst as a mage or boomkin or hunte
    That's not how your point read at all...

Your point reads different then what you are saying. Might want to edit it.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Yea I had the same thoughts. There is no burst, just sustain dmg which at the end of a M+ very good. RdB is to rng and that skill needs to change... probably won't until next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquiny View Post
    That's not how your point read at all...
    Then it's a language barrier issue What should i have written to make it right? I really don't see it.

Then it's a language barrier issue What should i have written to make it right? I really don't see it.
    You said "you're not going to have aoe burst as a mage or boomkin or hunter" - this is ambiguous and most people would take it to mean "if you are a mage or boomkin or hunter then you're not going to have aoe burst".

You could rewrite it as "you're not going to have aoe burst as if you were a mage or boomkin or hunter".

Or "you're not going to have aoe burst like a mage or boomkin or hunter".

Quote Originally Posted by Celfydd View Post
    You said "you're not going to have aoe burst as a mage or boomkin or hunter" - this is ambiguous and most people would take it to mean "if you are a mage or boomkin or hunter then you're not going to have aoe burst".

You could rewrite it as "you're not going to have aoe burst as if you were a mage or boomkin or hunter".

Sorry man, i know he didnt word it perfectly, but it was very obvious what he meant.
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2021-01-12 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks, got it and noted

No it doesn't mate

This is a Rogue forum. Coldkil is clearly stating in his earlier post that Rogues shouldn't expect to the burst similar to what Fire mages can achieve. It doesn't read different at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate come on...

This is a Rogue forum. If you put his statement in just a little bit of context it's clearly that he was making a comparison. You guys are being obnoxious for no reason based on your own ignorance. If you want to read something completely out of context then that's your fault.

Hey, no need to come in my defense lol. Things got cleared, nothing went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Sorry man
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Mate come on...
    I'm a woman.

I replied because Coldkil asked very specifically how he could have phrased it better:
    What should i have written to make it right?
    I am not reading things out of context myself or attacking Coldkil in any way.

Hey, no need to come in my defense lol. Things got cleared, nothing went wrong.
    People were being unbelievably thick headed, so i had to say something.

You don't have burst outside of trinkets and pot, unfortunately. AR is a moderate dps increase.

After doing some more PvE content, i must say that Outlaw damage is basically fine if not good. Yes, no burst and terrible RNG, but in the end it's fun to look at the damage meter and see that you're slowly and consistently climbing up and up the more the fight goes on. I've yet to master the opening and the spec overall, but i'm seeing consistent numbers now and it's decent to play.

Still hate RtB though. I kinda like the animation and fantasy behind that but mechanic wise is just stupid imho.