Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

If you could add another "afterlife" and Covenant, what would you pick?

I've genuinely been having a blast with Shadowlands, but I gotta be honest; I feel like the Covenant choices are a little boring, other than Venthyr.

I *LOVE* Bastion and Ardenweald, both are gorgeous zones! But they also feel a bit "safe". I've been particularly disappointed with how the Night Fae have been presented; I'm pretty familiar with how "the Fae" are presented in other forms of media, and I was hoping to see a more sexed-up, ultra-violent, deceitful interpretation of them. Instead, they're really just "playful little fairy tricksters".

But past expansions have shown that Blizzard often adds entirely new zones to the game, and I expect Shadowlands will do the same. I'd be surprised if we saw another Covenant choice, but honestly I would love the addition, provided it's something cool and thematically unique!

So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?

I personally wouldn't want them to add anymore Covenants. They can just keep adding on to the 4 we have, maybe let us choose a "sub-Covenant" of the 3 we didn't pick.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?
    An actual Hell afterlife, with all the fire and brimstone that isn't in the Maw. Maw to me feels more like the passing between places, with the river of souls flowing through it. It doesn't feel like a place to actually spend eternity, as there isn't really a presence of "stability" like in the other zones. So a fiery themed covenant would be nice. I'm sure it won't happen, because any new covenant will cause a lot of players to switch, either because it's numerically 0.01% better or because they like the theme. Regardless of reason, a lot of people will have to catch up to this new covenant in order to regain what they had and that alone will cause issues.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My ideas:

1 - A covenant for the artifitialy-created life forms that somehow developed soul - the Machine Made;
    2 - A covenant for critters and abundant species that were decimated in great numbers like Murlocs;
    3 - A realm exclusively for fallen turtles. Realm of the Turtle God;
    4 - Whatever realm that used to be on the landmass that got dilacerated by the Jailer to make the Maw;
    5 - A final, really alien realm for the Devourers. Think something like Xen from Half-Life.

I've genuinely been having a blast with Shadowlands, but I gotta be honest; I feel like the Covenant choices are a little boring, other than Venthyr.

I *LOVE* Bastion and Ardenweald, both are gorgeous zones! But they also feel a bit "safe". I've been particularly disappointed with how the Night Fae have been presented; I'm pretty familiar with how "the Fae" are presented in other forms of media, and I was hoping to see a more sexed-up, ultra-violent, deceitful interpretation of them. Instead, they're really just "playful little fairy tricksters".

But past expansions have shown that Blizzard often adds entirely new zones to the game, and I expect Shadowlands will do the same. I'd be surprised if we saw another Covenant choice, but honestly I would love the addition, provided it's something cool and thematically unique!

I'd love to see an elemental focused zone, and a zone that's focused on magic - though, of course, making those make sense in the context of the afterlife is a little trickier, lol.

I'd like something completely and utterly alien. All of these zones look like they could be found on forgotten corner of Azeroth. Give me sentient wavefunctions existing on the surface of a neutron star.

Twisting Nether. Not technically part of the whole Shadowlands thing, but I wanna go there anyway because it sounds weird and chaotic and its the afterlife of demons

Nothing sexed up. Not that kind of game. Go to one of the eastern MMOs for boobphysics :P

I would like to see the afterlive which is etheral inspired. COmbine that with the brokers #gold

The one about the critters would also be funny. Just a small island with nothing really to do. But still. For flavour.

And one which is inspred by NOHTING on azeroth. New archtecture and whatnot. They will never do this. Because apparantly they aren't even able to create more than 4 sets for one patch.
    New architecture seems to be more of a complete expansion feature.

That is why i do not believe we get another one with ANYTHING new. Just reused stuff and textures and models. They will use old textures and for some reason it is completly full of dead people from azeroth.

A very cold frozen hell, as an alternative Revendreth, where souls just linger in ice until they've come to terms with themselves, setting them up for another afterlife.

Not everbody might be suited to the Revendreth way of attempted redemption, either by personality or power.

I'd also like some "eternal hunting plains" that is more people focussed and less nature focussed, and also another one where those who care about others / learning go, a sort of dead-city for those who were not quite done with that aspect of life. The dead city might also contain ways into the material plane to explain certain ghosts coming and going through a sort of "black market".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    3 - A realm exclusively for fallen turtles. Realm of the Turtle God;
    No.

All tortollans go to the Maw. ESPECIALLY YOU SCROLLSAGE NOLA.
    Putin khuliyo

I'd add a Drust / Thros themed covenant.

a troll covenant where all the dead trolls go

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    a troll covenant where all the dead trolls go
    So rather then Da Other Side being just a dungeon, a full zone?

---

A Fallen Covenant ... the Jailer's original area he ruled. To me it is implied that the Jailer wasn't always the one in charge of the Maw, but rather had another area he ruled over. So, these beings would still get anima and new souls, but are leaderless. So there is a mix feelings in this afterlife. They assume the lack of new souls and anima now is cause by once again being punished for being connected to the Jailer.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I think there was mention of a realm of inventors in one of Revendreth's sinstone.

Since I am one of the few in the world that love Vashj'ir Iam going to go all in and say more of an underwater area.

While swimming would be nice to have I could part with it. What I am not willing to compromise though is having it actually be underwater. None of that Nazjatar crap where the developers made it on dry land just to appease the tiny bit of the playerbase that had an allergic reaction to vashj'ir or whatever.
    Give me giant underwater volcanos, kelp the size of a large bus, floating pieces of architecture that glow in the dark of the water.

As for a covenant I don't think it would be more interesting than any other. I do also think that no future patches will add more covenants that compete with the ones we already have. I could however see more covenants being added that you pick in addition to the one you already have, not necessarily with new abilities but maybe an extra soulbind or passive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So rather then Da Other Side being just a dungeon, a full zone?

---

A Fallen Covenant ... the Jailer's original area he ruled. To me it is implied that the Jailer wasn't always the one in charge of the Maw, but rather had another area he ruled over. So, these beings would still get anima and new souls, but are leaderless. So there is a mix feelings in this afterlife. They assume the lack of new souls and anima now is cause by once again being punished for being connected to the Jailer.
    I imagine the Jailer always ruled the Maw, but that the Maw was not always the current version of superhell we see.
    My personal headcanon is that the Shadowlands was not always divided like now, but rather one giant afterlife that was later divided to make it easier to manage.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Place for, you know, normal people?

Bastion is for those really good people, etc.
    Maldraxus is for the battle junkies.
    Ardenweald is for the nature things.
    Revendreth is for the sinful people.

Where do the normies go? Not so nice people, but not exactly sinful. Those who lived entirely peaceful life and didn't really care about nature?

The normieland!

Elysium. But not like the kyrians, who are a cult and endure hardships, but a realm of gluttony, sloth, eternal youth and beauty and unending amusements. A covenant for the truely lazy, that want nothing in Death than to chill, but are deserving of such a fate through their hardships in life.

Let us go Forsworn in order to turn down the zone brightness of bastion

Couple replies:

- About a Troll/"De Other Side" sort of zone, I would honestly be totally down for that! I'm admittedly a little burnt-out on trolls, but I LOVE De Other Side, especially the bright-neon "footprints" you can see around, stuff like that! Could make for a very cool zone (not unlike the game "Hades" art direction).

- I just heard that theory earlier today, that maybe "the Shadowlands" was essentially a single continent at one point, and I honestly kind of dig that theory. Maybe "the Jailer" was actually the leader of this one realm, but all the different Covenant leaders got sick of his shit and banded together, so they could each operate their own zone how they envisioned? Doesn't really do much for the topic, but interesting theory all the same!

- I also really dig the idea of a sort of "eternal hunting-grounds" sort of afterlife. Kind of touching on the Elder Scrolls' Hircine vibes, but a world in which those who lived with particular, tribalistic honor could become hunters, while those who lived lives of cowardice or dishonor (not necessarily "evil") would be "reborn" as prey. Seems like a realm that might appeal particularly to Tyrande, explaining where the hell she's been.

Real lack of elemental/shamanism stuff in shadowlands. Like a lot of the existing stuff can be rolled into things. Like Pandaren beliefs based on combating the negative emotions that spawn Sha can integrate with the Kyrian dealing with burdens stuff for example. But what about elementals? i know they have the whole "die in your elemental realm you die in real life" meme but where does Ragnoros go? probably the maw. But what about all the elementals that were chained in Elementium cages and mind controlled by the twilights hammer we had to Kill kill in Cataclysm? we know shamanism and the elements have a connection to the spirits in a way druidism doesn't. Doesn't feel like it fits in ardeynweald.