Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Warchief Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    a troll covenant where all the dead trolls go


    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So rather then Da Other Side being just a dungeon, a full zone?
    Hell yes! I think trolls are well deserving of having their oven Covenant! Let Bwonsamdi be its leader. Also with past troll lore figures being there too. They could be Soulbinds, well a few at least

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, where's the Shamainc afterlife? Do Shamanic races like Orcs and Tuaren just go to Ardenweald after death?

    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Nathreim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    2,879
    The Ancestral Lands for people who worship the ancestors(Orcs, Tauren, Pandaren)

  3. #23
    An afterlife for those who spent their life studying and in search of knowledge. The afterlife would focus on uncovering the greatest truths of the cosmos. It would be home to a lexicon of the universe's knowledge and its libraries would be the most sought after place for those who want to learn. A natural target and enemy of demons, The Light, and The Void.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I've genuinely been having a blast with Shadowlands, but I gotta be honest; I feel like the Covenant choices are a little boring, other than Venthyr.

    I *LOVE* Bastion and Ardenweald, both are gorgeous zones! But they also feel a bit "safe". I've been particularly disappointed with how the Night Fae have been presented; I'm pretty familiar with how "the Fae" are presented in other forms of media, and I was hoping to see a more sexed-up, ultra-violent, deceitful interpretation of them. Instead, they're really just "playful little fairy tricksters".

    But past expansions have shown that Blizzard often adds entirely new zones to the game, and I expect Shadowlands will do the same. I'd be surprised if we saw another Covenant choice, but honestly I would love the addition, provided it's something cool and thematically unique!

    So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?
    TBH, I haven't seen this raised at all. I think a 5th covenant would be cool, especially with a new zone! Id love either a derpy one for Tuskars or a really, void infused twilight zone type (think purples, stars, cosmic swirls, all that)

  5. #25
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,693
    I don't think this system really lends well to adding another covenant later on. Would you really want to grind all those renown levels and mission table followers again if it turns out the new covenant is BiS for your spec? For all that is holy please don't add another covenant. New zones/group you grind rep for? Fine. But adding a covenant would just be too much work anyway. Save that work for another raid/dungeon or the next expansion. k thanks.

  6. #26
    A covenant of shivarra
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  7. #27
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    A covenant of shivarra
    Yes. Where's the realm for sexual deviants? For research of course.

  8. #28
    I think they'll add another zone. Probably where the 'eternal ones' are or some ancient, powerful place like that.

    They won't add another primary covenant option.

    It'll be reps or some other system for the remainder of the expac.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    - - - Updated - - -I imagine the Jailer always ruled the Maw, but that the Maw was not always the current version of superhell we see.
    My personal headcanon is that the Shadowlands was not always divided like now, but rather one giant afterlife that was later divided to make it easier to manage.
    The issue is that it is called The Maw, which if it was different would need some explanation. It is possible that it was different, but honestly, I don't believe it was. The four others we go to each have a gate, while the maw is thrown in. The fact the Jailer is imprisoned, it feels weird to me to say he was imprisoned in his original domain given how different going to the Maw is vs the other zones we go to.

    Also, the Shadowlands isn't really divided as with the ending of the Ravendreth zone that Maw is visible from Ravendreth.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    An afterlife for those who spent their life studying and in search of knowledge. The afterlife would focus on uncovering the greatest truths of the cosmos. It would be home to a lexicon of the universe's knowledge and its libraries would be the most sought after place for those who want to learn. A natural target and enemy of demons, The Light, and The Void.
    That afterlife already kinda exists. The House of Rituals in Maldraxxus is essentially just a place where mages of all sorts congregate to perfect their craft for eternity, reading books and the like.

    Might be a bit morbid for those who just want a giant library with none of the aesthetic cobwebs and lack of leather chairs not made from an enemy you had slain in the arena, but it is something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #31
    I'd like to see more Light/Void touches in the story as I'm fond of those concepts as opposed to Death. Perhaps that might be a future expansion feature rather than an addition to current content.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,141
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I don't think this system really lends well to adding another covenant later on. Would you really want to grind all those renown levels and mission table followers again if it turns out the new covenant is BiS for your spec? For all that is holy please don't add another covenant. New zones/group you grind rep for? Fine. But adding a covenant would just be too much work anyway. Save that work for another raid/dungeon or the next expansion. k thanks.
    They already have a built in catch up mechanic for Renown. The system is set up to add more Covenants if they wanted to, however, I don't see them devoting the time to do that. It will be likely there could be a minor covenant system in a new zone. Like another faction that gives perks on something like that, but I don't see a full fledge fifth covenant coming.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The issue is that it is called The Maw, which if it was different would need some explanation. It is possible that it was different, but honestly, I don't believe it was. The four others we go to each have a gate, while the maw is thrown in. The fact the Jailer is imprisoned, it feels weird to me to say he was imprisoned in his original domain given how different going to the Maw is vs the other zones we go to.

    Also, the Shadowlands isn't really divided as with the ending of the Ravendreth zone that Maw is visible from Ravendreth.
    If you had one giant area called Obleron (as the Maw indeed was referred to as in Alpha) and you divided it up then presumably oyu might want ot rename it. Could have just been called the Shadowlands. Or indeed it might have just been called The Maw always, and they just renamed all the other areas.


    The Shadowlands are divided in the sense that it iss non-trivial to travel from one to another unless you are Kyrian or travel trough Oribos. A unified Shadowlands would presumably just have been one giant supercontinent that either all looked the same and later was changed, or just had different areas like any planet or continent has different biomes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I think they'll add another zone. Probably where the 'eternal ones' are or some ancient, powerful place like that.

    They won't add another primary covenant option.

    It'll be reps or some other system for the remainder of the expac.
    My guess is that we might have more covenantt choices, but not competing with the 4 we have now.
    A new patch might have the choice of covenant A or B, with each giving different passives or soulbinds to add ontop of what we alreayd have.

    To begin with though I imagine each Covenant will evolve by either adding more rows to the existing soulbinds, or more likely adding a new soulbind altogether.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    They already have a built in catch up mechanic for Renown. The system is set up to add more Covenants if they wanted to, however, I don't see them devoting the time to do that. It will be likely there could be a minor covenant system in a new zone. Like another faction that gives perks on something like that, but I don't see a full fledge fifth covenant coming.
    A new covenant to compete with hte ones we already have would be dumb, because it incentivizes players to abandon the old one and would really only reach its full potential as a dedicated secondary character covenant, or covenant for those that joined later.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #34
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A new covenant to compete with hte ones we already have would be dumb, because it incentivizes players to abandon the old one and would really only reach its full potential as a dedicated secondary character covenant, or covenant for those that joined later.
    Don't call things dumb just because you don't like the idea.

    The system is there if they wanted to add one. I don't think they will given the track record on prior expansions. Legion the class halls all merged at the end and in BfA there was little difference between the Alliance and the Horde Rebels story (hell, even the Sylvanas loyalist did the same story by the end just with different flavor texts and slight differences.)

    The only reason it is likely not going to be done is because Blizzard doesn't tend to stick with multiple ongoing stories.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  15. #35
    At this point I don't want any new covenants, and I'm fairly sure we aren't getting any. Covenant choice was supposed to be THE choice, for an entire expansion. Adding another covenant would incentivize people to leave their current ones and I don't like that idea.

  16. #36
    Thematically there is none that fits the fire/lightning/frost theme that would be appropriate for mages and shamans.

    Night fae are in no way related to shamanism or elementalism so they are definitely not a thematic choice.

    Bastion could have used some variance in its themes and colors, its way too clean and niche in its current appearance.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So rather then Da Other Side being just a dungeon, a full zone?

    ---
    yes but with a bit less purple in the air

    now that muehzala isnt bwonsamdis boss anymore, he could expand his pocket dimension a bit
    Last edited by valky94; 2021-01-13 at 09:51 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Probably where the 'eternal ones' are
    But we've already meet them, minus the Primus.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I've genuinely been having a blast with Shadowlands, but I gotta be honest; I feel like the Covenant choices are a little boring, other than Venthyr.

    I *LOVE* Bastion and Ardenweald, both are gorgeous zones! But they also feel a bit "safe". I've been particularly disappointed with how the Night Fae have been presented; I'm pretty familiar with how "the Fae" are presented in other forms of media, and I was hoping to see a more sexed-up, ultra-violent, deceitful interpretation of them. Instead, they're really just "playful little fairy tricksters".

    But past expansions have shown that Blizzard often adds entirely new zones to the game, and I expect Shadowlands will do the same. I'd be surprised if we saw another Covenant choice, but honestly I would love the addition, provided it's something cool and thematically unique!

    So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?
    They mostly seem to be focused on certain aspects, way of living in the before death time.

    venthyr : pride, letting go of it etc
    night fea: rest/reborn/nature
    kyrian: letting go of your past, be as duty full in death as in live
    necrolord: stalward defenders, people who go to the max

    So i would go with something around a theme like that.
    Exploration? knowlage keepers? scolars?

    And i think when you find out the main job they have, what most of them where in previous live/goal for them is in the afterlive you can make a theme around it.

    For me i would say we have defenders, farying the souls, reborn/nature specialist, pride people.

    So something for people with a lot of pain <> a very light themed coporeal themed one.
    Or for knowlage seekers <> a afterlive that is all about books etc. think of big libary's ( a dalaran kind of thing) ( but offcourse corrupted) .

  20. #40
    As many others I'm pretty disappointed there isn't an endless hunting ground / ancestors refuge for the shamanistic, naturalistic races of the universe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •