New Fury Buff didn't seem to do anything.

Is it just me or is that 8% buff bugged or what? I have been messing with it ever since i noticed they were going to buff fury and i don't see one bit of a difference in damage since the patch today.

We need a 25% buff for both arms/fury for us to be anywhere near viable atm.

at least you didnt get a 2% buff like frost DKs lol

8% should put them in the middle of the pack in warcraftlogs in a week or so which is totally fine with their raid utility.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    8% should put them in the middle of the pack in warcraftlogs in a week or so which is totally fine with their raid utility.
    Middle of the pack is a long long way from the head of the pack though, that's the problem, the top specs are so far ahead of the middle of the pack that it doesn't matter if you're in the middle of the pack, you're still miles behind. It's not just niche single target specs pulling ahead, the best specs are better allround. Like MM Hunter (Nightfae) has the best burst AOE in the game, good sustained AOE and also has really great single target.

Arms has really great cleave, but lacking single target and full AOE. Fury has great sustained AOE, but lacking cleave and single target. Specs like WW Monk and Unholy DK are just in another time zone, with the balancing like that "middle of the pack" just means uncompetitive.

Uncompetitive for a lot of people means un-fun, nobody wants to be trailing a pack of meta specs and feel happy they get a raid spot because their battleshout or rally cry is needed, like some "support" class role.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-01-12 at 08:44 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Middle of the pack is a long long way from the head of the pack though, that's the problem, the top specs are so far ahead of the middle of the pack that it doesn't matter if you're in the middle of the pack, you're still miles behind. It's not just niche single target specs pulling ahead, the best specs are better allround. Like MM Hunter (Nightfae) has the best burst AOE in the game, good sustained AOE and also has really great single target.

Arms has really great cleave, but lacking single target and full AOE. Fury has great sustained AOE, but lacking cleave and single target. Specs like WW Monk and Unholy DK are just in another time zone, with the balancing like that "middle of the pack" just means uncompetitive.
    If you want to nit pick then you have to realize the weaknesses of specs also.

You didn't bring up boomers starfall which is funny.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    If you want to nit pick then you have to realize the weaknesses of specs also.

You didn't bring up boomers starfall which is funny.
    Why are you a boomkin and you feel left out? I didn't mention Boomkins because I don't play a Boomkin and I do play MM Hunter and Unholy DK.

I just did a mythic+ with a fury warrior he ended 1.2k overall dps above the 2nd highest who did pretty good himself. Maybe a l2p issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    Is it just me or is that 8% buff bugged or what? I have been messing with it ever since i noticed they were going to buff fury and i don't see one bit of a difference in damage since the patch today.
    The buff what made to you guys were a net %3-4 ish buff at best of the days, which is laughable, I am sincerely feel sorry for fury mains atm. Sadly blizz make garbage class balancing since start of shadowlands. 3 week holiday break and first changes are not even good. You guys need at least 2 more buff like this to shed some of the community perception on your class. Even than one might argue its not enough. Hope you guys get your buffs and some other specs too, demo, destro, survival , bm , frost mage, frost dk, sin rogue, warrior tank and holy priest. These specs need some love, serious love.

You can buff fury and arms as many times as you want.

It's the gameplay mechanics, arms and fury doesn't work on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I just did a mythic+ with a fury warrior he ended 1.2k overall dps above the 2nd highest who did pretty good himself. Maybe a l2p issue.
    Fury in M+ was good before the buff on Fortified weeks with Signet, problem is they do really really crappy single target dps. But then again the L2p issue can also be with the other group members in your group. When I pug on my Warrior I usually trash other dps in M+ and I'm usually top among similarly or often better geared players but when I play with my friends I'm the one who gets trashed, all of us have parsed 95-99% in raids past or present.

Player skill is a massive thing, that's why we don't base our opinions on anecdotes of what we've seen in dungeons and why we look at Warcraftlogs data, to eliminate player skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    You can buff fury and arms as many times as you want.

It's the gameplay mechanics, arms and fury doesn't work on single target.
    Well it's just a numbers thing, I can't speak for how scaling will work but you can certainly improve matters with a few number tweaks. In the past they used Deep Wounds to bandaid Warrior dps, I don't hope for that solution but they certainly can increase the deep wounds baseline dot damage.

The risk is Arms becoming too strong on cleave, but becoming too strong is the least of my worries when plenty of specs are "too strong" right now and in every other patch previously.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-01-12 at 09:03 PM.

Fury in M+ was good before the buff on Fortified weeks with Signet, problem is they do really really crappy single target dps. But then again the L2p issue can also be with the other group members in your group. When I pug on my Warrior I usually trash other dps in M+ and I'm usually top among similarly or often better geared players but when I play with my friends I'm the one who gets trashed, all of us have parsed 95-99% in raids past or present.

Player skill is a massive thing, that's why we don't base our opinions on anecdotes of what we've seen in dungeons and why we look at Warcraftlogs data, to eliminate player skill.

Well it's just a numbers thing, I can't speak for how scaling will work but you can certainly improve matters with a few number tweaks. In the past they used Deep Wounds to bandaid Warrior dps, I don't hope for that solution but they certainly can increase the deep wounds baseline dot damage.

The risk is Arms becoming too strong on cleave, but becoming too strong is the least of my worries when plenty of specs are "too strong" right now and in every other patch previously.
    This guy knows what he is talking about, its the same for me. Ilvl 202 when I do M+, I'm usually at the top overall damage or second. But in raids on single target I'm no where close to the top, especially if I die before execute phase. But I only parse 80-90 % as I picked my warrior back up like 2 weeks ago.

Now imagine not playing venthyr....

If they get trashed by a warrior, it's probably more like the others in the group need to l2p.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    at least you didnt get a 2% buff like frost DKs lol
    that actually wasen`t been buff same as for monks as 2x 1h was been giving bigger dps so they just buffed 2h to be also viable choice
    from what i heard its not really there yet tho

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

I noticed a lot of their damage in dungeons just comes from condemn though.

For the first time in months I was top dps on my 207 fury warrior in a normal pug with a average ilvl of 205.
    I definitely notice the buff. just git gud imo.

I'm in a Normal guild going into Heroic so me being number 1 DPS in raids (save for the GM's boyfriend who is a 5/10M boomy because, well, duh) is unsurprising, but even when I do keys with good specs, piloted by decent players who have good IO, I still keep pace with them as Fury, no leggys needed. Sure, the MM hunter dumspters me on the first pack when he uses Wild Spirits, but then I have 2 minutes of near constant Rampage and Condemn cleaving to pick up the pace. I've no doubt that a really good, well geared MM would just dumpster me always since I'm just 205 and not that good anyway, but the point remains that if Fury has a problem in dungeons, it's not its damage.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.