Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Using Transmog mount to block long boi AH

Just curious if this is something that is across all servers or just my cluster. But I've noticed since SL that folks will constantly park their Transmog or Mammoth mounts besides\underneath the Long Boi so as to make it difficult to click on the Auctioneer. At first I thought it was just an odd coincidence, but then I noticed it was pretty much 100% of the time. This is like the jokers who park their mammoth mounts at the Dalaran to Stormwind portal, trying to make it difficult to click the portal

I know things like this has being going on forever, just seems like here lately it become standard practice. Anyways just curious if others are seeing this?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not seen it personally, But it wouldn't surprise me in the least, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Just curious if this is something that is across all servers or just my cluster. But I've noticed since SL that folks will constantly park their Transmog or Mammoth mounts besides\underneath the Long Boi so as to make it difficult to click on the Auctioneer. At first I thought it was just an odd coincidence, but then I noticed it was pretty much 100% of the time. This is like the jokers who park their mammoth mounts at the Dalaran to Stormwind portal, trying to make it difficult to click the portal

I know things like this has being going on forever, just seems like here lately it become standard practice. Anyways just curious if others are seeing this?
    under interface options there is a keybind for interact with target.

you can also make a Macro to Target the NPC name of the vendor, you can then click your keybind, and boom no longer a disturbance.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

you can also make a Macro to Target the NPC name of the vendor, you can then click your keybind, and boom no longer a disturbance.
    It's not a problem for me, I'm on the Long Boi. I just started noticing if I AFk on it for long, there will be at least one person on one of the other mounts underneath me. It wasn't until I watched a guy keep wiggling around that I figured out what they were doing.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2021-01-13 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

the interact with target keybind was so damn good for the pig in freehold

10+ Year Old Account

Apparently there's a type of player (idiots) that thinks the only people that should have access to AH in Oribos are engineers. Maybe you're running into those wastes of oxygen.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen much of that, but I have seen longbois with the ah npc just missing.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the interact with target keybind was so damn good for the pig in freehold
    I discovered it back in Molten Front when there was a daily to catch a bunch of baby firebirds flying up in the air using air vents to jump up.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It's not a problem for me, I'm on the Long Boi. I just started noticing if I AFk on it for long, there will be at least one person on one of the other mounts underneath me. It wasn't until I watched a guy keep wiggling around that I figured out what they were doing.
    I remove my vendors when AFK. I do however have a few places I use mine where I dont have to worry about others even remotely being near me and the mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I remove my vendors when AFK. I do however have a few places I use mine where I dont have to worry about others even remotely being near me and the mailbox.
    Wait, you don't want others using your AH mount when you're afk?

This is why it's always wise to have some https://www.wowhead.com/item=44228/baby-spice in your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Some people are like that.

It is his mount. He can do with it whatever he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Haven't seen much of that, but I have seen longbois with the ah npc just missing.
    Most of my guildies do this. It's quite fun to watch people waddle around confused

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I do not think they were judging, just asking a genuine question. A guildmate of mine essentially does the same because they do not to feel guilty about accidentally closing the AH window on someone.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone that is engineer on most of my mains, I'm grateful that I don't have to bother with a bunch of petty morons who buy an AH mount only to do everything in their power to fuck with people who attempt to use it.

I never fail to be amazed by how shitty some gamers are.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trolls are gonna troll and seeing others offer a service or be charitable attracts them like flies to poo as such individuals crave the attention. If you know your gamemechanics there are ways around this as others have listed. Blocking portals with big mounts can however result in temp. bans if you report the behavior.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

after seeing this topic more people will do it now lol

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I didn't say anything about what he should do, gigabrain, I was asking if that was what he was doing to clarify my understanding of his post.

Nope, I've had to many people message me with stuff like "I was using that when i dismount, or mount back up now I wasn't done. ect. I bought it for me to use not them. We didn't become wow public servants just because we bought mounts with AH's on them.