Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There's all kinds of assholes out there. Nothing new, though I haven't noticed that myself.

What's even worse though, are people who feel entitled to your AH and do things such as unpleasant emotes or even downright insult you for dismounting or riding away before they are done with their stuff.
    I've seen that time to time, always strikes me as odd. I do wonder why Blizz is holding on to the outdated must not have AH in current capital city. Do people honestly care if Stormwind and Org are empty?

No, it is still definitely a flex to an extent. Most people did not get their Brutosaurs before the end of BfA, because for an average player it's not that easy to get 5 mil. Plus many did not even plan to bother that fast before they announced that the mount is getting removed. The sheer fact that it has been removed also makes it more of a flex than owning like 90% of other mounts in the game as well.
    Maybe if you mean in terms of me whipping out my Swift Zulian Tiger and saying "Ha Ha! got it before it was gone" kinda flex. There seems to be so many millionaires these days, it is like saying I'm mythic raider. I'm not sure anyone cares. I get that not everyone has it, but they are so common to see, I can't believe anyone is awed inspired by them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Just curious if this is something that is across all servers or just my cluster. But I've noticed since SL that folks will constantly park their Transmog or Mammoth mounts besides\underneath the Long Boi so as to make it difficult to click on the Auctioneer. At first I thought it was just an odd coincidence, but then I noticed it was pretty much 100% of the time. This is like the jokers who park their mammoth mounts at the Dalaran to Stormwind portal, trying to make it difficult to click the portal

I know things like this has being going on forever, just seems like here lately it become standard practice. Anyways just curious if others are seeing this?
    Just laugh at them, i got a longboi myself, if someone tries to block my Longboi, i assume he is jealous and wants to act on it by passive agressive move by using another big mount with vendors.

I feel bad for him if he does that though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I've seen that time to time, always strikes me as odd. I do wonder why Blizz is holding on to the outdated must not have AH in current capital city. Do people honestly care if Stormwind and Org are empty?
    Blizz always shows concern for the new player experience and having a full main city definitely adds to that.

And Engineering needs something as the only Profession that can't really make steady Gold. Giving them the AH perk is fine. It only takes 5 min to get to the Org/SW Auction House from Oribos. I don't see what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just laugh at them, i got a longboi myself, if someone tries to block my Longboi, i assume he is jealous and wants to act on it by passive agressive move by using another big mount with vendors.

I feel bad for him if he does that though!
    Maybe, though as already stated this kind of blocking has been around forever. Still every year in Ironforge I see 4-5 people make themselves as big as possible and mount or do other things to make it difficult to see the presents. Whenever I dropped a blingtron you'll see people mount up on top of it. I just always wondered how common it was on other servers compared to our little cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Actually, yes you did. You might think you didn't, but oh boy you did.
    You may have, I didn't. If someone comes near my vendor ill move or dismount. I dont let anyone in public use it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Haven't seen much of that, but I have seen longbois with the ah npc just missing.
    Ye I have seen this happen multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, though as already stated this kind of blocking has been around forever. Still every year in Ironforge I see 4-5 people make themselves as big as possible and mount or do other things to make it difficult to see the presents. Whenever I dropped a blingtron you'll see people mount up on top of it. I just always wondered how common it was on other servers compared to our little cluster.
    It comes down to those people have way to much free time.. I mean I rather spend my pecious time on playing the game.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Nope, I've had to many people message me with stuff like "I was using that when i dismount, or mount back up now I wasn't done. ect. I bought it for me to use not them. We didn't become wow public servants just because we bought mounts with AH's on them.
    I just wanted to post to say - that sucks of those people.

Whenever I borrow someone else's longboi AH vendor I ALWAYS clap/cheer/thank them (targeting the character name for the emote) for the awesome service they just provided me.

So just wanted you and others to know - some of us do appreciate it and try to show thanks. And aren't taking advantage and acting like 4 year olds.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Always fun to run laps in it and see the conga line behind you of people trying to catch up

I didn’t even know that brutos had the built in AH vendor lol. Always wondered why there were always so many ppl around them.

It's kind of a weird flex to afk on the AH mount without the AH.

Imo. I didnt even know you could hide the vendors.

You may have, I didn't. If someone comes near my vendor ill move or dismount. I dont let anyone in public use it.
    That's a really terrible attitude for an NPC to have.

I deeply appreciate those mounts, I've felt pretty dumb seeing how much gold I've left on the table over the years by not doing the AH.

You all still NPCs though.

Nope, I've had to many people message me with stuff like "I was using that when i dismount, or mount back up now I wasn't done. ect. I bought it for me to use not them. We didn't become wow public servants just because we bought mounts with AH's on them.
    Yeah, I've run into this quite a lot. Gotten some pretty nasty whispers from people who get offended/outraged when I "deny them access" to my mount whenever they want to use it. It's the epitome of the culture of entitlement, sadly, where everyone thinks they're entitled to whatever someone else worked for. Don't mind when people use it when I'm using it, but don't expect me to bend over backwards to accommodate one's "need" to use the AH mount in Oribos instead of just taking the portal to SW/Org.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the dawn of the first large mount people have done this all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: maybe don't sit somewhere that it looks like you're just trying to show off. I can post a screenshot of my MCB to show you I'm not just sour grapes if need be. garrison hearth and do your AHing there like someone who doesn't need to flex their e-peen and can stay mounted while interacting with the bank or as close to it as possible outside of teldrassil(sp?).

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

I never fail to be amazed by how shitty some gamers are.
    funny coming from the most toxic poster on this site by a wide margin.
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2021-01-14 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I stand still for a bit on the mount, wait for people to come, then move about 10 yards. Then wait, and repeat. Always a good laugh.

Seen some very angry whispers a friend received, made me want to do it more
    Haha omg fuck you! xD
    But tbh, I was thinking about that when I read this post, especially when someone mentioned ppl getting mad at him for dismounting :P
    Ask him to mount up again and then do that! Would be so good! Show them who's in charge!
    But I don't have it, so can't :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    It's kind of a weird flex to afk on the AH mount without the AH.

Imo. I didnt even know you could hide the vendors.
    Seriously though what is the point of that lol That's just so weird, I'd never do that. I feel bad when I'm finished and see people standing around after i move to go to the FP or wherever I'm headed.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the interact with target keybind was so damn good for the pig in freehold
    it was also a stape requirement for classic when you had 5-600 people trying to fly out of SW/ORG for raids.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious if this is something that is across all servers or just my cluster. But I've noticed since SL that folks will constantly park their Transmog or Mammoth mounts besides\underneath the Long Boi so as to make it difficult to click on the Auctioneer. At first I thought it was just an odd coincidence, but then I noticed it was pretty much 100% of the time. This is like the jokers who park their mammoth mounts at the Dalaran to Stormwind portal, trying to make it difficult to click the portal

I know things like this has being going on forever, just seems like here lately it become standard practice. Anyways just curious if others are seeing this?
    Not experienced it but could also be that the guy on the mount might be using the auction?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Never seen anyone try to block an AH mount and never seen an AH mount up with the vendors removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    You seem rather upset that some people are blocking access to your pixel shop. Maybe it's time to go outside?
    Yawn, 0/10. Try harder.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.