Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Because it’s soloable and has no timer, and the only way to give appeal to it would be giving gear. And not WQ level gear but at least ilvl 200 gear.

That, for Blizzard, is totally out of question. But at least they could add a Vault additional item choice basing on the highest layer you did in Torghast, it would be better than nothing for sure.
    You can get itemlvl 197 gear from grinding anima from your covenant. So why is 200 so incomprehensibly bad, exactly?

The tar trap/flare bit is the only really interesting hunter anima ability from Torghast. It's a perfect fit for there, kind of annoying to use, but powerful and it's just temporary. Pity it's also the best hunter legendary, where it's mandatory to use all the time everywhere anyway.

as a venthry arms warrior, you either get condemn knock back + condemn regardless health + rage generation combo or you will simply not get past layer 13.
    spell casters will simply own you. not a single spell cast slow effect anima and ignore pain has a cd. 13 floors of effort wasted because of rng. Working as intended my ass.

borghast is simply just this: BORING.
    and please stop claiming its a challange mode, when u can smoke it buy just doing it in a party
    and otherwise u have speccs that just cant do it....

I hope Torghast becomes irrelevant after the next major patch... can't imagine it being a core focus of Shadowlands, I'd rather watch paint dry it's that's boring [after doing Layer 1 Twisted Corridor for Anduine].

I just wish they condensed the rewards to one weekly run.

It really is annoying and boring doing it in multiple toons.

If you only have one, it's not a big deal.

At the start of the expansion I was okay with what it offered and actually said in another thread that the rewards are fine.

After a few weeks and crafting several legendaries I definitely feel like they need to up the amount of cosmetics. There's zero incentive to continue farming after you get your Rank 4s

Its not fine at all. they spent a lot of time and energy to create it. It was sold as one of the main features of the expansion, and its something you do once and never again when you cleared TC8 or when you don't need legendaries

They need to make it into something you can use on alts to level and gear up. They need to do a lot of things with it to not have wasted the developement time and cost on something that dies before first Sl patch

Torghast needs to be reverted to it's pre-nerf state. The 2 6-layer runs are a joke. Pre-nerf was actually a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    See, you're kind of completely missing my point. It's clearly an intentional choice to not add more rewards.

Torghast is meant to be enjoyed. If you don't enjoy it, well... No point in forcing players to do it. Problem is we're all too trained from years of RNG and gatcha incentivising un-fun content that we're like a labrat with their brain wired up to an orgasm button. We'll ignore a food dispenser that's right in front of us.
    im not enjoying it simply because hunter powers suck,

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The TC mount is not only cosmetic. It is a power gain in the maw.
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    No it isn't.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Getting a Legion legendary was exciting though, Shadowlands isnt, its boring.

However, the intense disapointment at a 'wasted' legendary drop when it wasnt the one you wanted has gone away.
    Legion legendary acquisition was furiating, not exciting. I grouped with my friend, he got 3 legendaries to my zero in the same play time. I got my first on the very last hour of my subscription and it was the worst fucking one that I could possibly get. I let me sub run out on that one and came back at the end of the expansion, fuck that bullshit.

I kind of wish they went with larger pulls or more mobs at higher levels... having everything turn into a tank isn't all that exciting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Torghast really just needs Stygia rewards or something. Soul Ash is rewarding but there should be a little more given for a run since I doubt most will be crafting full sets of Legenday items until we can equip more then one. Of course you can get the set for transmog or if you are a min/max player that switches out stuff. But having some Stygia would help.

Or just more Torghast centric stuff to unlock. I think eventually they will probably make it more like Timewalking where we collect a currency for X rewards to give it longevity through out the expansion. Even making it so you could get the bags of mats each run rather then on a lucky anima power drop would go a long way. I already make a ton off of the Venthyr perk for herb drops so getting stuff each run would be nice but it could easily deflate the economy.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-01-14 at 07:32 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You can get itemlvl 197 gear from grinding anima from your covenant. So why is 200 so incomprehensibly bad, exactly?

The tar trap/flare bit is the only really interesting hunter anima ability from Torghast. It's a perfect fit for there, kind of annoying to use, but powerful and it's just temporary. Pity it's also the best hunter legendary, where it's mandatory to use all the time everywhere anyway.
    Dude I am totally pro gear rewards in Torghast, but it won’t happen for the reasons I stated above.

And if it would happen gear ilvl would be a total joke, I would like not be joked further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The important part in a leggo is not the ilvl, but the power, and you get that with level 1 leggo already. And the cost of that is like 1k gold last time I checked.
    I crafted mine a couple of weeks ago and I spent 30k only for the two missives. The helm was something like other 30k. The level 2 helm was 70k. Didn’t go further as of now because I’m only 192 ilvl but I recall that level 3 helm was something like 130k if not more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Torghast needs to be reverted to it's pre-nerf state. The 2 6-layer runs are a joke. Pre-nerf was actually a challenge
    Given the zero rewards besides ash and a crappy follower if you’re lucky, I’m quite happy that my two L6 weekly runs are done easily in a couple of hours (layers 7-8 are a waste of time compared to the little amount of more ash you gain from L6, that can be completed blindfolded instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Legion legendary acquisition was furiating, not exciting. I grouped with my friend, he got 3 legendaries to my zero in the same play time. I got my first on the very last hour of my subscription and it was the worst fucking one that I could possibly get. I let me sub run out on that one and came back at the end of the expansion, fuck that bullshit.
    That is your envy and min/max obsession at work. That's a you, problem, not a game problem. Legion was far superior because I got excited with every legendary I want. Here I was like meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's because there are problems with it ... that's just a simple fact.
    What you think are problems is your opinion, not fact since what you think is a problem can be seen by others as not a problem. So, it isn't a simple fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    No, it doesn't. Things ere far worse then what it is now.

I enjoy Torghast. Ran both wings + a layer of Twisting Corridors last night and it is never boring.

The anima powers make it extremely fun because some are just so crazy that they could never happen in normal PvE and thus it feels really rewarding to explore around and maybe find a rare spawn that gives you another cool boost.

Some examples:
    On my DK I can get a power that allows Death Gate to summon one of the 4 Horsemen from Archerus as a permanent companion. That alone was great fun, but when I did Twisting Corridors I got that power four times, meaning I was invading the Tower with all 4 Horsemen at my side. Completely destroying enemies.

On the Monk I love the Corrosive Dosage power. Basically it turns Vivify into a incredibly powerful aoe nuke. It deals 50% (per Rank of the anima) of Vivifys healing to all mobs around me over 3 seconds, so you heal all damage you took and kill everything at the same time. In Twisting I had that up to 250% of healing done... it was a massacre.

So yes, I'll be running it anyway. But of course I won't say no to further rewards, purely cosmetic will do fine. Some weapon or armor mogs are always welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I just wonder about the stigma of any content beyond the very old concept of raids and dungeons being viable or contributing to character progression. There's been dungeons and raids for 20 years. Why is it causing such a trauma to players if new and additional modes are developed?
    because people fucking suck and will whine about mandatory or forced content. Its fucking bullshit and why the developers cater to this is questionable at best. You'll notice that it never works the other way. Raiding is too incentivized and feels forced Gut raiding.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twisting Corridor is annoying to solo as ret in the upper levels ONLY because if you don't get lucky with HP-boosting powers, you get 1-shot by a lot of things. Even when I tried to stack lives and HP, I lost on the last boss layer 3 because Floor 17 mobs 1shot me twice when forbearance was on (the grapple floor, no way to LoS or kite) and I got the boss that spawns adds all over that laser you down. My last attempt, I got the boss to 2% by LoSing 3 waves of adds, but I ran out of hiding spots and 80k hp was not enough to survive their damage. Even when pulling the boss out of buff pool. What a waste of time.

If I'm going to solo TC again, I want to know that I can always stack my HP to 100k+ by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    because people fucking suck and will whine about mandatory or forced content. Its fucking bullshit and why the developers cater to this is questionable at best. You'll notice that it never works the other way. Raiding is too incentivized and feels forced Gut raiding.
    I do agree they need to let the playerbase fail far more regularly then they do. I just with torghast had a way to be interesting beyond mobs becoming more and more tanky as time goes on. It isnt terribly interesting and the worst offenders are the shades.

It feels like they were afraid of adding dangerous mobs into the mix.