Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ultimate reward, the mount, has been gotten by people in the first week of its availability.
    Meh.
    Hopefully more difficulties and more "branches" will open up with more (major) patches.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its fine. Reward is as legendary craft no more is needed i think except like we got mount now. One thing hurts badly when u need to climb from the bottom layer1 on ur alt that is stupid tbh ><

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yeah but what about more cosmetic rewards?

An ugly ass mount, a toy and a title are not enough.
    Thats is just begning man i bet they will fill it :P but yes more cosmetic rewards would be cool.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-01-14 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    A common argument I see is "Torghast is boring!", or "Torghast should drop more rewards!", even though those players are very conveniently forgetting recent history.

Blizzard have had a habit in recent expansions of taking their big thing, and whether players like it or not turning it into what they call a "build-around" feature. Don't like Islands? Don't like Garrisons? Don't like AP grinds? Don't like missions tables? Tough shit. You're doing them if you want to progress your character.

In Shadowlands, Blizzard have wisely backed-off on this philosophy. They've mandated that the currency for legendaries drops from Torghast, but beyond that they've been very fair about keeping it as an optional thing. Don't like it? Don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to do twisting corridors. You're not going to fall behind if you stop doing Torg every week once you have a fully-upgraded leggo. The choice is yours.

I'm saying this and to be honest, Torghast isn't really my cup of tea. I'm not big on roguelikes. I'm not a huge Diablo fan. But, I can see how for a certain crowd of people Torghast is right up their alley. It has a lot of replayability. My or your "Boring" might be someone else's very entertaining Sunday afternoon.

About bloody time they try something new and de-couple it from constant rewards. Don't like Torghast? Don't play Torghast. Love Torgast? Enjoy Torghast. It's not going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'd just like to be able to do it solo, I was hoping for something to be doing when raids and M+ runs were not around.

If they balanced it a bit better between classes - that's all I'd be asking for.
    TL;DR - I don't like McDonald's food (that someone else may like) so I'm going to go stand outside the local McDonald's and shout about it and shame people until I feel like I have taught them a lesson. I could also go to Wendy's, but nah.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Yeah but what about more cosmetic rewards?

I am thoroughly enjoying Torghast. Up to layer 5 TC (which has been pretty faceroll at this point with 2 people). My buddy and I really like the crazy builds that culminate after 18 floors. Hoping for more Torghast content/challenges and rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I enjoy Torghast. Ran both wings + a layer of Twisting Corridors last night and it is never boring.

The anima powers make it extremely fun because some are just so crazy that they could never happen in normal PvE and thus it feels really rewarding to explore around and maybe find a rare spawn that gives you another cool boost.

Some examples:
    On my DK I can get a power that allows Death Gate to summon one of the 4 Horsemen from Archerus as a permanent companion. That alone was great fun, but when I did Twisting Corridors I got that power four times, meaning I was invading the Tower with all 4 Horsemen at my side. Completely destroying enemies.

On the Monk I love the Corrosive Dosage power. Basically it turns Vivify into a incredibly powerful aoe nuke. It deals 50% (per Rank of the anima) of Vivifys healing to all mobs around me over 3 seconds, so you heal all damage you took and kill everything at the same time. In Twisting I had that up to 250% of healing done... it was a massacre.

So yes, I'll be running it anyway. But of course I won't say no to further rewards, purely cosmetic will do fine. Some weapon or armor mogs are always welcome.
    It also probably depends on class and roles. I have only a shaman healer atm and Torghast plus Maw are just terribad.

It’s not that they are particular difficult, they are simply boring because dpsing with an healer (at least with a resto shaman) is boring and unsatisfactory.

Probably melee dps and in a lesser extent tanks find both Torghast and Maw more fun as satisfying (gameplay side, rewards are crappy nonetheless).

I kind of enjoy playing Torghast even with no rewards. I made more than a few runs to help friends catch up on their layer unlock or story quests, and I had a lot of fun. I think it's fun to experiment with new and unique builds. I hope they add more anima powers in the next patches, it'll be enough for me to keep playing. But I'm the kind of person who just like to play the game, play my character. I'm actually looking forward to playing more Torghast with my alts and see what kind of powers I'll unlock. I'll gather soul ashes along the way and maybe start crafting other legendaries (or the same power in a different slot). For me, it's enough for Torghast to remain relevent for months as part of what I can do in game. I would have like to unlock more Maw type gear or weapons transmog, and Torghast would have been the perfect place for it, but I'm sure this will come in a future raid so I'm fine with that.

Bullshit, they could have at least put some kind of seasons to it, where you unlock unique looking stuff ala mage tower.. or something.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That's a you, problem, not a game problem.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-14 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Video

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd expect them to add more variation as the expansion's lifecycle continues. Reward-wise, my biggest beef with it is, oddly enough, basically opposite of yours, in that it basically being the only major way to get Soul Ash, and by proxy legendaries, is to run it. I feel like there should be more viable alternate methods of getting it. Beyond that, I do agree it could use some more cosmetic rewards, though. Guess we'll see in coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    That's not fun, it's just RNG.
    I feel that's how they get you to play, by the RNG. If people got perfect everything (or get what they want) the first time they played, what do you think will happen? It took me 3 weeks to get the memory I wanted out of HoA, doing it 5 times a day. Sure that isn't 2+ hours but the "grind" was still present. I felt happy to finally get it and I moved on and never run the dungeon outside of Random LFG/M+ now.

Torghast is fun but is does needs minor tweaks.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Yeah getting really unlucky sucks. I wish they gave you a tad more control over the powers. Maybe something to where you can buy with phas to change a power to one of your choice? At least on the vendor before the boss.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

bad/no rewards for bad/no content, sure, works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    A common argument I see is "Torghast is boring!", or "Torghast should drop more rewards!", even though those players are very conveniently forgetting recent history.

Blizzard have had a habit in recent expansions of taking their big thing, and whether players like it or not turning it into what they call a "build-around" feature. Don't like Islands? Don't like Garrisons? Don't like AP grinds? Don't like missions tables? Tough shit. You're doing them if you want to progress your character.

In Shadowlands, Blizzard have wisely backed-off on this philosophy. They've mandated that the currency for legendaries drops from Torghast, but beyond that they've been very fair about keeping it as an optional thing. Don't like it? Don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to do twisting corridors. You're not going to fall behind if you stop doing Torg every week once you have a fully-upgraded leggo. The choice is yours.

I'm saying this and to be honest, Torghast isn't really my cup of tea. I'm not big on roguelikes. I'm not a huge Diablo fan. But, I can see how for a certain crowd of people Torghast is right up their alley. It has a lot of replayability. My or your "Boring" might be someone else's very entertaining Sunday afternoon.

About bloody time they try something new and de-couple it from constant rewards. Don't like Torghast? Don't play Torghast. Love Torgast? Enjoy Torghast. It's not going anywhere.
    Remember 1 thing, people hating on here are a small % of the playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    Bullshit, they could have at least put some kind of seasons to it, where you unlock unique looking stuff ala mage tower.. or something.
    isnt it sad when this actually sounds like an actual complaint someone would make, not realizing there are seasons and unique rewards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

i wounder if they named Boreghast for Boreghast since they knew it would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    isnt it sad when this actually sounds like an actual complaint someone would make, not realizing there are seasons and unique rewards.
    I'm talking about ACTUAL Torghast-specific seasons, and I'm also talking about something more substantial than a pet, a silly toy and a mount. Blizzard apologists everywhere. For the amount of time we're spending to finish the thing -- they might as well try a bit harder with the systems in place.

my opinion here.
    if some specs cant complete it, then it needs reworked.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    Borghast is fun but is does needs minor tweaks.
    No, Borghast is NOT fun. its an RNG fuck up of never seen proportions.
    Yesterday I did twisted layer 7 in a group and me and the Tank got barely any health upgrades. So at endboss 2 dps and the heal had 170k health while me and the tank had around 50k health. While me managed to clear it still shows what a rng shit fest Borghast is.