Poll: Do you like Anduin and Jaina?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    As a player who plays 60%~ Alliance, I like Jaina a lot, and am okay with Anduin. Only thing I would change about the young boy king is give him a little bit more "bite", and from the way the story is going it sounds like we may get that.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Valeera considers both sides home, and would probably turn down the request.
    Well wouldn't she be foolish to not join the Horde? The Horde is awesome yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FxDd6t2QlA

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I don't have much problem with Anduin, and right now i dislike Jaina a lot

the problem is how i don't fucking want do quests with then, help then or anything related to then, i didn't sight for alliance, i don't want alliance races near me

Playing alliance i give two shits about Baine and care little for thrall, only having respect for he due to cataclysm, but again, im a worgen/dwarf, i don't want to play or help horde races.

Wow writers dumbly assume we, as entire playerbase, like and want to follow those fuckeheads, regardless of factions, because they are presented as "peace heroes", i miss the old days when quests were mirroed, so we didn't had to interact with the others, now apparently everyone know orcish and common.

I would be totally fine if Horde saved Baine and thrall and alliance going for Anduin and Jaina, Mirrored quests
    I would only say that even in vanilla, not all quests were mirrored and we had to work with races of other faction, but it was not that common.

I agree with you though. I don't know why my Horde characters had to follow Bran every time titan lore is involved while we have Reliquary, which was added to the game as Horde's version of Explorer's League.

I'd even like Ardenweald campaign way more if it would be mirrored. My kaldorei druid is indeed interested in helping Tyrande and saving night elf souls, but why do I have to help troll loa, which was my enemy last expansions? It is even worse for Horde characters, who are now forced to save Tyrande, a person which is now extremely antihorde. Right now, Horde have more reasons to just kill Jaina and Tyrande or leave them in the Maw for all eternity.

I like Anduin. Yeah he's a boy scout but he's one of the only characters who I've felt like acted consistently like himself throughout all of the garbage WoW writing. He grows up and becomes more grounded but doesn't change his optimistic goals in a world of crap.

Jaina is garbage and her character has been eviscerated so hard throughout the writing of WoW that I can't really stand her anymore. I really wish her story would've come to a proper close in BfA when she returned to Kul Tiras, but they had to drag her out once again.

I've always liked Anduin. Good hearted young man, the future of the Alliance, also ties into the spiritual side of the Alliance. Or, at least, he used to, before the Light stopped being an allegory and instead just turned into "just another side of the darkness element!".

As for Jaina, Blizzard is bipolar with her. In the game she is a sympathetic crazy woman who I want shot. In the Golden novels she is quite likeable.

I used to hate Jaina, but for all the shitshow BFA's story was it actually managed to improve her image in my eyes to a point. Anduin I never really disliked, just feel he needs more fallibility to his character.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I liked vengeful Jaina, any other version not so much. I've never liked Anduin and I'm still annoyed we lost Varian for him. I dislike overly 'good' characters, which is probably the worst part of playing Alliance because they're almost all like that. Worse is when one does go off the goody-goody rails people start wanting/expecting them to die. Genn, Jaina, Tyrande, etc.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I've always liked Anduin. Good hearted young man, the future of the Alliance, also ties into the spiritual side of the Alliance. Or, at least, he used to, before the Light stopped being an allegory and instead just turned into "just another side of the darkness element!".

As for Jaina, Blizzard is bipolar with her. In the game she is a sympathetic crazy woman who I want shot. In the Golden novels she is quite likeable.
    Jaina appears to be calmer -- more balanced. But just because she no longer hates the Horde does NOT mean that the Horde no longer hates her. Even before Theramore, she was not popular.

"Jaina Proudmoore will no longer emasculate us as a people with her soft-mouthed words of peace. They fell on deaf ears, and now she and her kingdom are but dust." - Garrosh Hellscream
    And his speech about bombing Theramore was afterwards met with overwhelming cheers from the Horde races (and Jaina it must be admitted did attempt to attack Horde lands beforehand despite her occasional claims of neutrality) -- so it is unlikely that after the Purge of Dalaran and all of Jaina's controversial actions, such as in Zandalar, they view her more favorably, with the exceptions of Thrall and Baine, perhaps.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Can you stop creating poll threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Do most Alliance and Horde players generally like Anduin? Do most people like or despise and mistrust Jaina, despite her apparent personality change in the recent expansion? What is the consensus -- if any?
    Anduin: I think the vast majority have no strong feelings for him. At best, he's just a spoiled brat, taking orders from a dragon.. At worst, he's starting to look like Med'an..

Jaina: It seems no one likes her anymore.. She was fine in WC1-3 and then started a downhill tumle. By now, I'd be surprised if more then a handful of players view her in a positive light; most downright hate her.
    You could easily exchange Sylvanas with Jaina (and vice versa) in every aspect of WoW from Vanilla to ShaLa, and it would make no difference.

And this whould be true, Wether you a a Horde fanatic, an Alliance loyalist or a more neutral "I play both factions equally" guy.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/