Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - January 12, 2021

Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - January 12, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Druid
      • Reverted a recent change that caused Convoke the Spirits (Night Fae Ability) to strike targets affected by crowd control abilities that break on damage, such as Entangling Roots.

Covenants
    • Kyrian
      • “An Earned Bond” now displays the correct companion you will earn upon completion.
    • Night Fae
      • The point of interest indicator for “Mushroom for Improvement” should now be easier to see on the map.
    • Venthyr
      • Fixed an issue that caused the shared cinematic for Maldraxxus and Revendreth Campaigns to not play for Venthyr players.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Castle Nathria
      • Lady Inerva Darkvein
        • Resolved an issue where Lady Inerva Darkvein could not be attacked if players are defeated by her lieutenants.

Quests
    • Fixed an issue where the tribute tray and Silver Strongbox would sometimes not appear during the quest “The Sweetest Tribute.”
    • Fixed an issue where Kael'thas Sunstrider would sometimes not appear for the first scenario step during "Medallion of Dominion."
    • Elite monsters now give more credit during the Maldraxxus Bonus Objective "Decaying Situation."
    • Alliance players should no longer be teleported out of the Battle for Azeroth War Campaign instance of Orgrimmar when pushed "Shadowlands: A Chilling Summons." Horde players will still be teleported out of the instance until they complete the "Through the Shattered Sky" questline due to conflicting instances for these two pieces of content.

Torghast, Tower of the Damned
    • [For realms in the NA region only] Resolved an issue that temporarily turned off the Beasts of Prodigum event.
    • Anima Powers
      • Rogue
        • Corrected an issue where damaging Anima Powers (like Lightning Dust) were doing less damage than intended.

User Interface
    • The edge of the screen Anima visual affect that appears while dead is now removed when Reduce Camera Motion or Keep Character Centered and Reduce Camera Motion is selected in the Accessibility menu.

first?

Ontopic, Good change for the entangling roots reversion

Night Fae are bugged and upon completion of the campaign, do NOT receive Korayn as a follower for their mission table. I went to submit a bug report so they could fix it before it goes live, but realized I was too late to stop it.

Posting to bring visibility so they can fix it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They really don't know what to do with this beast of a spell they created lol

Quote Originally Posted by olaf4uduh View Post
    Night Fae are bugged and upon completion of the campaign, do NOT receive Korayn as a follower for their mission table. I went to submit a bug report so they could fix it before it goes live, but realized I was too late to stop it.

Did work for me, on several characters. Perhaps something isolated to you for some reason?

"Reverted a recent change that caused Convoke the Spirits (Night Fae Ability) to strike targets affected by crowd control abilities that break on damage, such as Entangling Roots."

I smell professionalism.....

i wonder what happened in their mind when they went 'yeah, let's make convoke hit CC'd targets'. Happy they realized that was a really dumb decision

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Did work for me, on several characters. Perhaps something isolated to you for some reason?
    Happened to me and my guildies are reporting the same. Definitely not an isolated incident.

Edit: Also plenty of people reporting it on the official forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-list/827098/5
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2021-01-13 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    i wonder what happened in their mind when they went 'yeah, let's make convoke hit CC'd targets'. Happy they realized that was a really dumb decision
    I understand that Convoke is a more important ability, but spells with aoe caps like swipe can hit CC'd targets, even immune ones like cyclone, and waste one of its 5 blows. I understand why they might want Convoke to have that same limitation, but also understand the backlash they probably received prompting the quick reversal.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Fix legion raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Convoke is going to take a hard nerf after AWC, they have no idea how to balance that pos talent.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I understand that Convoke is a more important ability, but spells with aoe caps like swipe can hit CC'd targets, even immune ones like cyclone, and waste one of its 5 blows. I understand why they might want Convoke to have that same limitation, but also understand the backlash they probably received prompting the quick reversal.
    Right but swipe doesn't have a 30 yd range, which moonfire(one of the preferred spells in convoke for most forms) does.

As someone who does m+ but not pvp, I am happy they reverted the convoke change. If it is OP in pvp, then nerf it inside pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by olaf4uduh View Post

same thing happened to me... did the other 3 covenants and got the companions for those tho!