i need a good SAM macro

I need a macro i can press not the one where u press and it does the rotation for you.

Savage SAM raider here

There are no SAM macros to use.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to know how to optimize as Samurai, go to the Balance discord. Be warned that the mods there are pretty pissy if you ask a basic question in chat and you're likely to get the "did you read the 500 page long guides we stickied?" (even though they're self proclaimed experts and should be able to answer a very simple question, they won't).

If you ever try to find macros for FF14, you'll only ever find snobby players that insult those for daring to ask such a question, or people that refuse to acknowledge macros because they hold themselves to a higher standard.

There is no middle ground for players that don't care about optimization because they only participate casually.

Sadly there isn't a way to get one macro to do chain functions outside highly specific situations (like MCH/BRD shot procs), unless you're PvPing. Then what you want is totally possible, and is in fact the only way you're allowed to play.

The logic is bizarre.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazurath View Post
    If you ever try to find macros for FF14, you'll only ever find snobby players that insult those for daring to ask such a question, or people that refuse to acknowledge macros because they hold themselves to a higher standard.

There is no middle ground for players that don't care about optimization because they only participate casually.

Sadly there isn't a way to get one macro to do chain functions outside highly specific situations (like MCH/BRD shot procs), unless you're PvPing. Then what you want is totally possible, and is in fact the only way you're allowed to play.

The logic is bizarre.
    There's no middle ground because the macro system in XIV is only useful in a few combat situations, unlike WoW where it's useful for any class. It's mainly used for party targeting abilities, like casting a spell on a friendly target based on the party list (for example, Aetherial Manipulation <2>). It can also be used to place an AoE on a target (for example, Sacred Soil <t>) Or adding <mo> to abilities to allow for mouseover casting. Most of these are used for optimization as well, not just for casuals.

SAM has none of those kind of spells, so any combat related macros wouldn't be all that useful. There's also no "chain function macros" in PvP, because those chain combos are built into the PvP mode.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Ok, just new to ffxiv and just their is so much ability bloat. just overwhelmed and trying to cut down on all these abilities

Quote Originally Posted by teerwik View Post
    Ok, just new to ffxiv and just their is so much ability bloat. just overwhelmed and trying to cut down on all these abilities
    Are you using keyboard or controller? If you're using a controller then you fit almost every ability pretty comfortably.

Here is my controller setup:

• Default (general use, single target)

- - - Updated - - -

The only samurai ability not on my bars is Enpi (aka the ranged attack). I've never had to use it. If I were to put it on my bars I'd put it on the AoE bar.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-01-14 at 03:40 AM.

I game on keyboard and i tend to keybind 1-12 then S1 - S12 and finally C1-C2. Anything more and i just have trouble