Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...

Campaign Finished ... 2 renown a week after this?

As the title says, with the covenant campaigns finished do we only get 2 renown a week or will be forever playing catch up with renown dropping from other sources?

Two a week is the theory but literally no one knows. Wait a week to find out.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Nobody knows but it shouldn't be too far fetched to expect 2 renown a week (anima + souls from the maw) until cap, yes.

Even with just 2 per week we’ll reach 40 in lessthan 10 weeks from now.. out of a 2? Year expansion.

I’m worried what progression we will have after renown 40.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Even with just 2 per week we’ll reach 40 in lessthan 10 weeks from now.. out of a 2? Year expansion.

Can't they just keep adding Renown? What's the worry?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Didn't they say they would increase renown with content patches? Could be imagining things tho.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Im fine with this, as it helps catching up on alts as well as switching covenants without "superlong" catch ups.

The cap is 3 a week. Thats not because of what is available, thats the litteral cap.

Seems likly to me that youll just have to get 1 from other sources.
    The daily callings are the most likely source, on my alts most times 2 out of 3 have a renown along with the reward.

i think we will have 2 until the new renown is added. the campain will most likely continue then as well, returning to 3 per week at that point.

i really hope they add a "everyone-is-at-this-level" type of catch up once you get to 40.
    similar to how they added a quest that set the HoA to level 30ish and later to level 50ish.

something like putting everyone who does that questchain at level [22-campain-renown]. that would be far enough to blast through the campain in 1 go while not feeling like keeping up with renown was a waste.

on a side note, i noticed that there seems to be a limit in how much renown you can get through catch-up sources per week.
    2 of my twinks could get to renown 19 within the week they reached max level (21 was cap at that point), but never got any more renown drops past that.
    they did all main renown sources that week, so it was not because i missed the anima or soul quests.

felt frustrating not to continue the campain 1 renown short and not getting more despite more than 20 dungeons/torghast runs/bgs since reaching 19.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    The cap is 3 a week. Thats not because of what is available, thats the litteral cap.
    How is 3 a week the cap? I got 7 on my Priest yesterday alone to go from 14-21. Not to mention my Mage hit 60 today and is already renown 9 and will be renown 10 when I kill the world boss.

There's definitely no weekly cap, they just capped max renown each week and increased it by 3. Next week renown cap will be 27, week after it'll be 30, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

Seems likly to me that youll just have to get 1 from other sources.
    The daily callings are the most likely source, on my alts most times 2 out of 3 have a renown along with the reward.
    This was my thinking as well, having one renown drop from a raid boss or dungeon (whatever you kill first for the week)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

It will be time for 9.1 and new levels. Renown 40 will be mid-March, it's 4 months after launch. 8.1 was 4 months after launch and it was pretty late (although game was bleeding and 8.0 filled with problems, now they can just add new content with current systems).

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Is there any catchup opportunity for alt?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGood View Post
    Yes. Renown is incredibly easy to catch up on, fresh alts will max their Renown within the first week usually, just by doing the regular stuff.

I hope that renown 40 is not an indicator that we might get the next content patch in 2 months only. Feels like we already need a minor/middle-sized .1 patch very very soon.

However if we consider that Blizzconline is in exactly 1 month and there's no indication of a new ptr or anything like that, it seems likely that the next content patch will come out in march... hopefully 9.1 is gonna is be at least a big patch like 8.2, 7.2, 6.2 etc.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-01-13 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGood View Post
    If you are below the cap - either because you're on an alt or because you changed Covenants or because you started late - you will also get Renown from Callings and raid bosses until you catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I hope that renown 40 is not an indicator that we might get the next content patch in 2 months only. Feels like we already need a minor/middle-sized .1 patch very very soon.
    It'd be a first if they had a schedule at launch designed to coincide with the first patch 40 weeks later; I wouldn't put money on that happening. Remember, in BfA the Azerite cap was hit several weeks before 8.1 released and raised it.

The cap only increases by 3 each week right now. There is no indication that it will continue to increase by 3 after this week.

Remember also that for us to then get 3 renown a week the way catchup renown drops would have to somehow change to allow you to get renown from bosses despite being at "max" renown by previous standards.

There is also the possibly damning piece of evidence in that if we have 3 renown a week going forward then we will eventually get a soulbind upgrade as reward 2 out of 3, instead of 3 out of 3 like the ones we have already had.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    How is 3 a week the cap? I got 7 on my Priest yesterday alone to go from 14-21. Not to mention my Mage hit 60 today and is already renown 9 and will be renown 10 when I kill the world boss.

There's definitely no weekly cap, they just capped max renown each week and increased it by 3. Next week renown cap will be 27, week after it'll be 30, etc.
    As in the total cap. The one that you cant exceed that increases by 3 each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Remember also that for us to then get 3 renown a week the way catchup renown drops would have to somehow change to allow you to get renown from bosses despite being at "max" renown by previous standards.
    It depends what you mean by "max renown". Last week, I did my Maw Souls quest, gaining 1 renown. I then did the campaign, gaining a second renown. I raided that night, and a renown dropped off one of the bosses, even though I still had the 1k anima quest in my quest log.

Given that we can currently gain renown from bosses, even though we're at "max", then it's a fairly safe assumption that the renown cap increase isn't tied to the quests in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Neotokyo View Post
    As the title says, with the covenant campaigns finished do we only get 2 renown a week or will be forever playing catch up with renown dropping from other sources?
    Based on Beta I would say yes as there were various points of weeks of 2 and weeks of 3. When it hit live they pushed all the campaign forward so I would expect 2 a week at this point.

At 40 you would be done for now and theoretically 9.1 would be launching or pretty close to it so whatever mechanic they put in then.