Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes. Renown is incredibly easy to catch up on, fresh alts will max their Renown within the first week usually, just by doing the regular stuff.
    thank you for the answer

2 a week seems reasonable, but as a casual player with little time to commit to long raids or m+ grinding, I've hit a brick wall with progression and without having a decent group of people to do harder content with (relying on pugs mainly) I'm about done.

Still 8 weeks of play isn't bad, lasted 3 weeks longer than I did at BFA's launch. See you in 9.1 I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    The cap is 3 a week. Thats not because of what is available, thats the litteral cap.

Seems likly to me that youll just have to get 1 from other sources.
    The daily callings are the most likely source, on my alts most times 2 out of 3 have a renown along with the reward.
    I went from 0 to 21 when I swapped covenants last week and when I got a be character to 60.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I hope that renown 40 is not an indicator that we might get the next content patch in 2 months only. Feels like we already need a minor/middle-sized .1 patch very very soon.
    we are lucky WHEN we get a content patch in 2 month.....
    theres no 9.1 announcement yet and no ptr......then again we do live beta testing anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes. Renown is incredibly easy to catch up on, fresh alts will max their Renown within the first week usually, just by doing the regular stuff.
    I keep seeing this being said and I'm sorry to have to tell people that it's not 100% by any means. I switched covenant on my alt and since then she's done 9 LFR bosses, 4 callings, 2 world bosses, 3 M+, 10 unrated arena wins and 8 BG wins and she's got a total of 2 bonus renown. I've probably just been unlucky and perhaps the bonus drop chance is higher for more difficult content I'm not doing with her but I've seen people suggest you get one per calling and that's definitely not true - I've had one from four so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    At 40 you would be done for now and theoretically 9.1 would be launching or pretty close to it so whatever mechanic they put in then.
    8 weeks seems a bit tight for 9.1 IMO. We'll probably be able to finish all Covenant upgrades before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    8 weeks seems a bit tight for 9.1 IMO. We'll probably be able to finish all Covenant upgrades before the patch.
    Not really. They have very likely been developing 9.1 for quite a few months now and are likely finalizing changes. PTR testing could last a month and on top of that it will take us 8 additional weeks to cap at 40 Renown placing it at the week of March 9th. Then we could probably safely assume that once capping it'll likely be a couple weeks before they release the patch placing the patch around the 11th week mark which would make it about 16 weeks for 9.0 to have lasted.

Basing it on the trend in BFA the first patch was released 18 weeks after expansion launch and the patch after was released 14 weeks. So assuming the patch to launch 2 weeks after Renown cap is active isn't too farfetch'ed at all since that would put it in the middle of the two. Granted, it's all based on guessing and using recent data (as older expansions adhered to different schedules).

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    I keep seeing this being said and I'm sorry to have to tell people that it's not 100% by any means. I switched covenant on my alt and since then she's done 9 LFR bosses, 4 callings, 2 world bosses, 3 M+, 10 unrated arena wins and 8 BG wins and she's got a total of 2 bonus renown. I've probably just been unlucky and perhaps the bonus drop chance is higher for more difficult content I'm not doing with her but I've seen people suggest you get one per calling and that's definitely not true - I've had one from four so far.
    I've done it on three different toons now and was able to go from 0 renown to this weeks cap of 24 renown. 1 I did this week, 1 last week and the other the week prior.

Sources of Renown include:

• Covenant Callings (chance)
    • Weekly World Boss
    • Dungeons
    • PvP
    • Torghast Quests that Bolvar offers
    • Raid Bosses

The other thing is if you swapped this week then it is possible that you are "capped" in a sense it is taking your original number from your previous covenant and calculating it.

Another thing to remember that is as of this week you will always be 11 Renown short if you skip the Campaign, Soul Gathering and 1,000 Anima Gathering. Renown catchup essentially softcaps at (Current Cap - 11 = Total Available). The reason is due to being able to do all 9 chapters of the campaign now which will grant you 9 Renown in total. Then the two weekly quests give their initial Renown again which may or may not be available if you swap. I haven't swapped so I can't say for certain.

A lot of the problem with the catchup is people not realizing they can be essentially "stuck" at a certain Renown point since they are skipping certain activities that are limiting them.

I've done it on three different toons now and was able to go from 0 renown to this weeks cap of 24 renown. 1 I did this week, 1 last week and the other the week prior.

Sources of Renown include:

• Covenant Callings (chance)
    • Weekly World Boss
    • Dungeons
    • PvP
    • Torghast Quests that Bolvar offers
    • Raid Bosses

The other thing is if you swapped this week then it is possible that you are "capped" in a sense it is taking your original number from your previous covenant and calculating it.

Another thing to remember that is as of this week you will always be 11 Renown short if you skip the Campaign, Soul Gathering and 1,000 Anima Gathering. Renown catchup essentially softcaps at (Current Cap - 11 = Total Available). The reason is due to being able to do all 9 chapters of the campaign now which will grant you 9 Renown in total. Then the two weekly quests give their initial Renown again which may or may not be available if you swap. I haven't swapped so I can't say for certain.

A lot of the problem with the catchup is people not realizing they can be essentially "stuck" at a certain Renown point since they are skipping certain activities that are limiting them.
    I swapped last week and haven't skipped anything as far as I can tell - I can't do all of the campaign because that's renown locked but I've done as much as I can, kept up to date with the soul gathering and anima as well as the world bosses, lfr, available callings, dungeons and unrated PVP. I blasted through from renown 6 to max in a day last week on another alt that had stayed with it's original covenant, so I know it can be over very quick but it's just not worked out that way for this one.

I think the real problem with catch-up is that once again Blizzard have decided not to be transparent about how something works.

Why nobody talking about the lego system and the tower other than forced story unlock and getting a lego which you could have maxed by what 3rd week what's the point of a system that's already for achievement tmog? This early.....
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Not really. They have very likely been developing 9.1 for quite a few months now and are likely finalizing changes. PTR testing could last a month and on top of that it will take us 8 additional weeks to cap at 40 Renown placing it at the week of March 9th. Then we could probably safely assume that once capping it'll likely be a couple weeks before they release the patch placing the patch around the 11th week mark which would make it about 16 weeks for 9.0 to have lasted.
    That's... not really disagreeing with what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    I believe it's different when switching. I haven't switched so I can't speak to how it works there, I only know fresh alts - and without exception every one of them has caught up to the main week 1 without grinding anything.

oh gods.. Im so tired of this renown.. its just a "fancy" rep grind. I think Im losing interest in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
    oh gods.. Im so tired of this renown.. its just a "fancy" rep grind. I think Im losing interest in wow.
    It is completely different.

I really can't understand how people can complain about renown. It takes 1h per week to do what's needed to have the 2 or 3 renown with the story for the week.
    Soul ashes and Torghast is a problem since it is capped and there is no catch up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotokyo View Post
    As the title says, with the covenant campaigns finished do we only get 2 renown a week or will be forever playing catch up with renown dropping from other sources?
    In theory yes, 2 a week, in practice we wont know till next week. or even the week after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content