Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Covernant campaign rewards and night fae favoritism?

    Hey.

    I've just finished the covernant capaigns on 3 characters so far (Kyrian, Nightfae and Necrolords), and i'm a bit confused.

    On my Kyrian hunter, i got a weapon token, which makes sense since i can't really use an offhand

    on my Night fae paladin, i recieved both a weapon token and a off-hand token. there were no choise, i just recieved both, as well as 3 other rewards.

    on my Necrolord Warrior (yes, i know...), i assumed i would recieve both tokens aswell, since i had just done the night fae campaign on my paladin, but i had to choose, one or the other.

    This seems a bit odd to me. Is there any given reason? is it the night fae rewards that are bugged, or the necrolord? (i don't know about the rewards from venthyr, since i haven't gotten to that part yet, and as said above, didn't really need an offhand from kyrian)

    Or is it simply paladins that recieve both, and possibly certain other classes?

    The reason i suspect that nigh fae is "bugged", is that, unlike every other covernant where i just got one specific cloak that matches other parts of the set, i had a choise here aswell for 4 deffirent cloaks, 3 of which didn't add to the set bonus, but had deffirent secondary stats.



    TL;DR

    Night Fae seems to get multiple raid-finder tokens, while the other covenants only recieves one.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    on my Night fae paladin, i recieved both a weapon token and a off-hand token. there were no choise, i just recieved both, as well as 3 other rewards.
    Do you have a screenshot showing you received both? It could be you had one or the other in your bag already. I just completed the Kyrian (Paladin) and definitely only got one token.

    Going to go do it now on my Warlock to check and make sure.

    So after doing it on my lock you do get:

    - A soulshape
    - A mount
    - Weapon
    - Off Hand
    - Renown


    While on my Kyrian I got
    - Weapon or Offhand

    From my experience that's two mounts Night Fae have gotten from doing the campaign alone. The one you get for choosing them and the one for this campaign quest. While still adding ones to the vendor like the other factions do with Renown.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2021-01-13 at 01:28 PM.

  3. #3
    I'd assume Necrolord is bugged potentially, as it kinda makes sense you'd get a MH/2H token and an OH token if your class can support it. It'd be a little weird for warriors with two 2Her's. Regardless, if you've come this far in the covenant campaign, you've unlocked non-rated PvP gear upgrades to 197, which is higher than the LFR weapons. Doesn't mean bugs/issues shouldn't get fixed, but at least one isn't totally screwed at this point and has a relatively easy and guaranteed way to get something better.

    I will say I did find it odd considering Blizz's past history when it comes to weapon rewards when doing Night Fae, I was just hoping Blizz was turning a new leaf.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #4
    Can confirm this. Ran Venthyr and night Fae final chapters last night. Certainly not complaining, but I mean, this isn’t really the place for a bug report.

  5. #5
    Here's my unpopular opinion. Nightfae is for casuals. What class do you tell someone to roll if they new to the game? Hunter. And if they want to heal? Druid. This is conveniently the 2 classes that auto pick nightfae 99% of the time.

    Its also the cute and "pretty" covenant that kids and a lot of women will love.

    Nightfae also has podtender. A cheat life mechanic to forgive the casual for not avoiding a mechanic.

    How about campaign missions? They can cheese it with 1 follower and 4 troop to do lvl 60 missions.

    They got the earliest mount.

    They get the earliest double potency slot.

    They get convoke which is the easiest I Win button up to 1500ish rating to ensure nightfae players get at least 207 conquest gear. The podtender in pvp is easy to counter for 1500+ players but not in lower brackets. The hp bar doesn't even show up unless u look 100ft in the sky.

    If you like this covenant then I'm all for you enjoying it. Idc. But its pretty easy to see all the advantages this covenant has.

  6. #6
    The Patient Boramir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In a Galaxy far... far...
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Do you have a screenshot showing you received both? It could be you had one or the other in your bag already. I just completed the Kyrian (Paladin) and definitely only got one token.
    I can confirm that as Night Fae we do get both tokens (main hand and off-hand). I have not run any LFR on my character so I could not have had any tokens in my bags.

  7. #7
    this needs a fix, yea.. but honestly who cares.. 180ish scrub-loot anyways, goes straight to vendor - i'm getting loot like that from the missions table by now... by the time you get to the campaign finale, you should have played enough to earn better rewards.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    I can confirm that as Night Fae we do get both tokens (main hand and off-hand). I have not run any LFR on my character so I could not have had any tokens in my bags.
    Yeah, updated my post after finishing it on my warlock a bit ago.

  9. #9
    Banned Ladey Gags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    teh haus of gags
    Posts
    489
    Jesus this expansion is such an unfinished shitshow. Trash tier quality assurance, absolute trash

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    1,886
    Nightfae was given more 'stuff' than the other 3 covenants so people could complain about it in mmo-champ threads.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, updated my post after finishing it on my warlock a bit ago.
    to be fair, all the covernants have gotten 2 mounts from the campaign. i believe the only one that didn't get their 2.nd mount from the last chapter of the campaign is kyrian, whom got it at chapter 8 i believe

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Druid. This is conveniently the 2 classes that auto pick nightfae 99% of the time.
    80% of balance druids are Night Fae. https://www.wowhead.com/guides/balan...nt-shadowlands

  13. #13
    I got both a MH and offhand weapon token on my NF druid.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    80% of balance druids are Night Fae. https://www.wowhead.com/guides/balan...nt-shadowlands
    So most druids are nightfae like I was trying to say lol

  15. #15
    None of the perks you mentioned have anything to do with being casual. Casuals aren't going to have good gear, good understanding of mechanics, probably even understand why what they're picking is good or bad. So by nature of being a casual alone, they aren't going to pick NF because it's easy, because they aren't even going to know that. Casuals don't do alot of research.

    I also happen to be a dude who mains Boomkin and love the Ardenweald fantasy of the forest of the dead. I love it's chill music, whimsical characters, and aesthetic. It's awesome.

    Also, anyone who isn't casual and only cares about performance is going to pick what's best, and that's NF if you're a hunter or druid. I've seen every class in the covenant hall for NF which means people are picking it because they like it, regardless of whether it's good or bad.

    So maybe the problem isn't that my covenant is for noobs, but rather that the other covenants need to be brought up to par.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Frai85 View Post
    None of the perks you mentioned have anything to do with being casual. Casuals aren't going to have good gear, good understanding of mechanics, probably even understand why what they're picking is good or bad. So by nature of being a casual alone, they aren't going to pick NF because it's easy, because they aren't even going to know that. Casuals don't do alot of research.

    I also happen to be a dude who mains Boomkin and love the Ardenweald fantasy of the forest of the dead. I love it's chill music, whimsical characters, and aesthetic. It's awesome.

    Also, anyone who isn't casual and only cares about performance is going to pick what's best, and that's NF if you're a hunter or druid. I've seen every class in the covenant hall for NF which means people are picking it because they like it, regardless of whether it's good or bad.

    So maybe the problem isn't that my covenant is for noobs, but rather that the other covenants need to be brought up to par.
    So you are a casual, and were naturally attracted to nightfae like I said. Thats the point. You like ardenweald cause its "pretty" like i said.

    My point was not that casuals researched covenants and picked nightfae cause its good. My point was nightfae was designed to attract the casuals with how cute and pretty they are. Knowing this, blizz gave them a bunch of casual friendly perks.

  17. #17
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,468
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    And if they want to heal? Druid.
    Why'd you tell them to heal as a druid? Holy priests are way more straight forward. Don't need to keep a look on as many buttons, shape shifts, or buttons for those shape shifts.

  18. #18
    I chose nightfae because it is best for my spec (affliction lock)

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Here's my unpopular opinion. Nightfae is for casuals. What class do you tell someone to roll if they new to the game? Hunter. And if they want to heal? Druid. This is conveniently the 2 classes that auto pick nightfae 99% of the time.

    Its also the cute and "pretty" covenant that kids and a lot of women will love.

    Nightfae also has podtender. A cheat life mechanic to forgive the casual for not avoiding a mechanic.

    How about campaign missions? They can cheese it with 1 follower and 4 troop to do lvl 60 missions.

    They got the earliest mount.

    They get the earliest double potency slot.

    They get convoke which is the easiest I Win button up to 1500ish rating to ensure nightfae players get at least 207 conquest gear. The podtender in pvp is easy to counter for 1500+ players but not in lower brackets. The hp bar doesn't even show up unless u look 100ft in the sky.

    If you like this covenant then I'm all for you enjoying it. Idc. But its pretty easy to see all the advantages this covenant has.
    What are you even talking about? Who hurt you?

  20. #20
    It's quite clearly a bug, and some people have already created elaborate conspiracy theories about Blizz intentionally making night fae OP...come on
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-13 at 02:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •