Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There are many of these. Some people also get more pieces a higher level and therefore not need to upgrade as many pieces. They essentially hashed out what to unlock roughly when and it's clear no one checked if there is actual parity between covenants. I mean kyrian adventurers are useless while nightfae have an indestructable easy mode combo that can kill everything no matter what. For necrolords you need the raid weapons to complete the armor look, for kyrian you need the (admittdely) expensive renown items. This stuff is all over the place if you play multiple covenants. Path of ascension kinda needs skill, the night fae garden certainly not. The kyrian daily treasure is a little dodge game, the necrolord chest requires you to kill alot of enemies usually.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-01-13 at 03:03 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Here's my unpopular opinion. Nightfae is for casuals. What class do you tell someone to roll if they new to the game? Hunter. And if they want to heal? Druid. This is conveniently the 2 classes that auto pick nightfae 99% of the time.

Its also the cute and "pretty" covenant that kids and a lot of women will love.

Nightfae also has podtender. A cheat life mechanic to forgive the casual for not avoiding a mechanic.

How about campaign missions? They can cheese it with 1 follower and 4 troop to do lvl 60 missions.

They got the earliest mount.

They get the earliest double potency slot.

They get convoke which is the easiest I Win button up to 1500ish rating to ensure nightfae players get at least 207 conquest gear. The podtender in pvp is easy to counter for 1500+ players but not in lower brackets. The hp bar doesn't even show up unless u look 100ft in the sky.

If you like this covenant then I'm all for you enjoying it. Idc. But its pretty easy to see all the advantages this covenant has.
    ... I picked Night Fae because it was the best for raiding AND M+. I would've preferred going Venthyr. Causal = going with what you like rather than what's best for the spec, regardless of class.

And this just in! Kids like the exact same shit as grown women, and all of those like the same thing!

There are many specs with insanely OP night fae covenant obilities: druid convoke spirits, hunter wild spirits, etc.

Everyone knows they are OP compared to other covenant. And Blizzard hasn't acknowledged it at all.

The pace Blizzard doing hotfix or balance patch is so slow, that it might as well not exist.

Too many SL contents feel extremely rushed and it is amazing that they have passed alpha and beta test.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    What are you even talking about? Who hurt you?
    Why do you think I'm hurt?

How about campaign missions? They can cheese it with 1 follower and 4 troop to do lvl 60 missions.
    How? I've missed something...

So you are a casual, and were naturally attracted to nightfae like I said. Thats the point. You like ardenweald cause its "pretty" like i said.

My point was not that casuals researched covenants and picked nightfae cause its good. My point was nightfae was designed to attract the casuals with how cute and pretty they are. Knowing this, blizz gave them a bunch of casual friendly perks.
    If having the “ambition” to be “non-casual” means you stop caring about the “video” in “video game,” may I never stop being the epitome of casual, because the alternative sounds miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ... I picked Night Fae because it was the best for raiding AND M+. I would've preferred going Venthyr. Causal = going with what you like rather than what's best for the spec, regardless of class.

And this just in! Kids like the exact same shit as grown women, and all of those like the same thing!
    Many picked what they were told was the best. For those that chose naturally based on what they were innately attracted to, nightfae is the most casual. You picking purple fairies with kid voices, undead warriors, blue angel bois, or vampires? My only argument was that purple fairy kid voices with the pretty zone was more likely to attract the casuals. Thus blizz gave them slightly more casual friendly benefits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    If having the “ambition” to be “non-casual” means you stop caring about the “video” in “video game,” may I never stop being the epitome of casual, because the alternative sounds miserable.
    I am not sure what you are trying to say. To reiterate, im all for ppl playing how they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    How? I've missed something...
    The trappers reduce dmg taken. With 4 it stacks up to 80%. Ease of campaign missions goes nightfae>necro>kyrian~=venthyr

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    to be fair, all the covernants have gotten 2 mounts from the campaign. i believe the only one that didn't get their 2.nd mount from the last chapter of the campaign is kyrian, whom got it at chapter 8 i believe
    You're right. I forgot about the one we got before. Though my comment was more in terms of how they got their easier since Night Fae basically handed you one for picking them to start with while the others are gated.

Many picked what they were told was the best. For those that chose naturally based on what they were innately attracted to, nightfae is the most casual. You picking purple fairies with kid voices, undead warriors, blue angel bois, or vampires? My only argument was that purple fairy kid voices with the pretty zone was more likely to attract the casuals. Thus blizz gave them slightly more casual friendly benefits

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure what you are trying to say. To reiterate, im all for ppl playing how they want.

- - - Updated - - -

The trappers reduce dmg taken. With 4 it stacks up to 80%. Ease of campaign missions goes nightfae>necro>kyrian~=venthyr
    Which makes me think you don't understand what "casual" stands for.

Casuals are not inherently kids or women, I hope you understand. Nor are you more casual for choosing something pretty over something edgelord, if you're a casual choosing based on cosmetics rather than performance.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-13 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Which makes me think you don't understand what "casual" stands for.

Casuals are not inherently kids or women, I hope you understand.
    I never implied casuals were kids or women lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    And ofc you didnt choose it because elite players like to gimp themselves.../sigh so much.

Btw nice post reeking ageism, sexism, elitism etc.
    Lol wtf are you talking abt. I play a few dif classes and on my hunter im obviously nightfae. You don't have to choose to be offended. Never claimed I was elite or that nightfae players can't be elite.

Just arguing that a slightly higher % of casuals went nightfae compared to other covenants.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So men can't be casuals. I got what you mean. Pretty stuff is for kids and women. Men don't like pretty stuff, the want badass. Therefore the casual friendliness of fairies are not for them. Men are not casual, only women and children. Nice to know where your head is at. BTW. It's not 1981 anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Do you have a screenshot showing you received both? It could be you had one or the other in your bag already. I just completed the Kyrian (Paladin) and definitely only got one token.

Going to go do it now on my Warlock to check and make sure.

So after doing it on my lock you do get:

- A soulshape
    - A mount
    - Weapon
    - Off Hand
    - Renown

While on my Kyrian I got
    - Weapon or Offhand

From my experience that's two mounts Night Fae have gotten from doing the campaign alone. The one you get for choosing them and the one for this campaign quest. While still adding ones to the vendor like the other factions do with Renown.
    I can confirm. My wife, NF, myself Kyrian, finished the campaigns last night she got two tokens one for a weapon and one for an offhand, I had to choose between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    80% of balance druids are Night Fae. https://www.wowhead.com/guides/balan...nt-shadowlands
    Honestly even without any powers a lot of druid players were always going to pick fae but add in one of the most fun click it once to explode into a barrage of hilarity spell and its pretty much a no brainer.

Here's my unpopular opinion. Nightfae is for casuals. What class do you tell someone to roll if they new to the game? Hunter. And if they want to heal? Druid. This is conveniently the 2 classes that auto pick nightfae 99% of the time.

Its also the cute and "pretty" covenant that kids and a lot of women will love.

Nightfae also has podtender. A cheat life mechanic to forgive the casual for not avoiding a mechanic.

They got the earliest mount.

They get the earliest double potency slot.

They get convoke which is the easiest I Win button up to 1500ish rating to ensure nightfae players get at least 207 conquest gear. The podtender in pvp is easy to counter for 1500+ players but not in lower brackets. The hp bar doesn't even show up unless u look 100ft in the sky.

If you like this covenant then I'm all for you enjoying it. Idc. But its pretty easy to see all the advantages this covenant has.
    Imagine thinking druid or hunter are currently for casuals. Sure maybe if you play BM but MM has a pretty unforgiving skill cap.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So men can't be casuals. I got what you mean. Pretty stuff is for kids and women. Men don't like pretty stuff, the want badass. Therefore the casual friendliness of fairies are not for them. Men are not casual, only women and children. Nice to know where your head is at. BTW. It's not 1981 anymore.
    Explain where I said men can't be casuals lmao. Juat take a deep breath and try not to be offended. I meant none.

I am not speaking in any sort of absolutes. Do you think men women and kids are 100% the same? I think there are slight % differences in things they are innately attracted to, or slight % differences in the levels at which they play. That was my only point.

If you took 100 men, 100 women, 100 kids, do you think they would have the exact same split when looking at the content they do? If I said 25% of men play noncasually (define that how you want, heroic or mythic raids maybe? +15 keys?), would you believe that 25% of women play noncasually? 25% of kids play noncasually?

Either way, my main point is nightfae has more benefits. Nightfae is the "pretty" covenant, and those picking covenants based off of pretty zones and not to minmax, are more likely to play nightfae.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Where is your data for this wild assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Imagine thinking druid or hunter are currently for casuals. Sure maybe if you play BM but MM has a pretty unforgiving skill cap.
    There are good players of every class. But visit any forum where they recommend a class for beginners. Tell me which classes u see get recommended the most.

And ofc you didnt choose it because elite players like to gimp themselves.../sigh so much.

Btw nice post reeking ageism, sexism, elitism etc.
    Literally the only thing not in his post is racism

The only thing to save the appalling thing you wrote is by deleting it. I have nothing to say with people like you go away.
    Good bye. I hope you can continue on your way without getting offended too much lol

I never implied casuals were kids or women lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol wtf are you talking abt. I play a few dif classes and on my hunter im obviously nightfae. You don't have to choose to be offended. Never claimed I was elite or that nightfae players can't be elite.

Just arguing that a slightly higher % of casuals went nightfae compared to other covenants.
    But you're basing it on... what, exactly? Why are people somehow more drawn to "cute and pretty" (I think NF is boring) when they're casual players...? That ties uncomfortably into your line about kids and women...

People are either casuals and pick based on cosmetics/story, or they care more about performance and pick based on the content they want to excell in.

A casual player, man, woman, child, picking Night Fae is not somehow "more casual!" than someone going edgelord or generic good guys... It's just such a weird position to have.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-13 at 03:36 PM.