Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Here's my unpopular opinion. Nightfae is for casuals. What class do you tell someone to roll if they new to the game? Hunter. And if they want to heal? Druid. This is conveniently the 2 classes that auto pick nightfae 99% of the time.

Its also the cute and "pretty" covenant that kids and a lot of women will love.

Nightfae also has podtender. A cheat life mechanic to forgive the casual for not avoiding a mechanic.

How about campaign missions? They can cheese it with 1 follower and 4 troop to do lvl 60 missions.

They got the earliest mount.

They get the earliest double potency slot.

They get convoke which is the easiest I Win button up to 1500ish rating to ensure nightfae players get at least 207 conquest gear. The podtender in pvp is easy to counter for 1500+ players but not in lower brackets. The hp bar doesn't even show up unless u look 100ft in the sky.

If you like this covenant then I'm all for you enjoying it. Idc. But its pretty easy to see all the advantages this covenant has.
    Sounds like someone grasping at straws to justify not picking Night Fae :P
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Literally the only thing not in his post is racism
    If you read it a certain way, i talk abt fairies. You could take offense and think I'm hating on the fairy race lol. If you can see all sorts of isms, its not too much of a stretch to think its racist too lol

Explain where I said men can't be casuals lmao. Juat take a deep breath and try not to be offended. I meant none.

I am not speaking in any sort of absolutes. Do you think men women and kids are 100% the same? I think there are slight % differences in things they are innately attracted to, or slight % differences in the levels at which they play. That was my only point.

If you took 100 men, 100 women, 100 kids, do you think they would have the exact same split when looking at the content they do? If I said 25% of men play noncasually (define that how you want, heroic or mythic raids maybe? +15 keys?), would you believe that 25% of women play noncasually? 25% of kids play noncasually?

Either way, my main point is nightfae has more benefits. Nightfae is the "pretty" covenant, and those picking covenants based off of pretty zones and not to minmax, are more likely to play nightfae.
    I wouldn't say either way because we have no data for this kind of nonsense assumption. The playerbase is definitely majority male but there's no reason to think that the same percentage of each gender doesn't play at similar levels. I definitely don't get the "kids" playing at a different level argument. What exactly do you define as "kids"? It's not exactly uncommon for younger teens to be better than a lot of adults playing the game either.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Sounds like someone grasping at straws to justify not picking Night Fae :P
    As I said, my hunter alt is NF, because I chose it on minmax

There are good players of every class. But visit any forum where they recommend a class for beginners. Tell me which classes u see get recommended the most.
    The most recommendation is "play what you like" I would imagine. Either way, we don't know because we don't have that kind of data. Feel free to provide it.

I wouldn't say either way because we have no data for this kind of nonsense assumption. The playerbase is definitely majority male but there's no reason to think that the same percentage of each gender doesn't play at similar levels. I definitely don't get the "kids" playing at a different level argument. What exactly do you define as "kids"? It's not exactly uncommon for younger teens to be better than a lot of adults playing the game either.
    How many women are in method or other WF guilds? How many kids? How about how many women or kids are in your standard raiding guild? How about your leveling guild? How abt discord?

Its easy to see more in the latter.

Id define kids as 13 and under or anywhere around there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    And I hope you can treat people without sexism ageism elitism and every other -ism you certainly have in you.
    I do. I treat everyone with the same respect. But you'd be blind not to notice trends. Treat ppl as individuals but you can still see groups

How many women are in method or other WF guilds? How many kids? How about how many women or kids are in your standard raiding guild? How about your leveling guild? How abt discord?

Wtf is this even trying to prove...? Or is it just a perfect example of fragile masculinity on display? You're reminding me of the people arguing why women couldn't be astronauts based on how many there had been up to that point in time.

How about just accepting that lumping women and children into the same category and claiming that they're casuals and will all go for the "pretty" stuff, is a dumb hill to die on.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-13 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Wtf is this even trying to prove...?
    My only point in this thread was that nightfae is the covenant with the most positives. That it is also picked more by casuals. That casuals (by this i mean ppl not concerned about minmaxing and choosing "The Best" convenant for their spec) are more likely to pick nightfae because of the aesthetic.

As for the quote in question, they want me to explain why I think there is s slightly higher % of women and kids that play casually, compared to men

My only point in this thread was that nightfae is the covenant with the most positives. That it is also picked more by casuals. That casuals (by this i mean ppl not concerned about minmaxing and choosing "The Best" convenant for their spec) are more likely to pick nightfae because of the aesthetic.

As for the quote in question, they want me to explain why I think there is s slightly higher % of women and kids that play casually, compared to men
    And I'm asking you why casuals would be more inclined to pick "pretty". You haven't answered with any sort of logic behind that reasoning.

If looking at what people went mental over from a purely aesthetic point of view, Venthyr and Necrolord were at the top. NOT Night Fae. Casuals are casuals and will pick whatever they like. There's nothing to say that Night Fae is a more "casual friendly" cosmetic option than the others. WoW players tend to be pretty damned edgy or all about the "good guys".

And I'm asking you why casuals would be more inclined to pick "pretty". You haven't answered with any sort of logic behind that reasoning.

If looking at what people went mental over from a purely aesthetic point of view, Venthyr and Necrolord were at the top. NOT Night Fae. Casuals are casuals and will pick whatever they like. There's nothing to say that Night Fae is a more "casual friendly" cosmetic option than the others. WoW players tend to be pretty damned edgy or all about the "good guys".
    Because casual players play for fun and congregate in areas they like. The common sentiment across all forums and in game chat, is that ardenweald is the most aesthetically pleasing. You don't have to agree and I even stated it as an unpopular opinion.

But the stats do show that nightfae is picked the most. You can hypothesize any reason you'd like as to why that's so.

Thos who have gotten MH + OH as night fae: are you paladins or shamans, or something else? Because my shaman is night fae and I couldn't even pick staff, so I'm guessing paladins and shamans are MH+Shield users strictly in blizz's eyes. I have a night fae druid as well but still need to catch up with her. My venthyr priest had to choose between MH or OH, but staves are MH so I picked that obviously.

Because casual players play for fun and congregate in areas they like. The common sentiment across all forums and in game chat, is that ardenweald is the most aesthetically pleasing. You don't have to agree and I even stated it as an unpopular opinion.

But the stats do show that nightfae is picked the most. You can hypothesize any reason you'd like as to why that's so.
    Ah, so you're not saying that Night Fae is more casual, but rather that casuals just tend to pick it, you're saying that casuals are just congregating to it based on what you've seen.

That's different from my experience, as I've seen so many polls and know so many people having picked Revendreth as the most aesthetically pleasing whilst shunning Night Fae for being "uwu"... whatever the hell that means. But I can respect that your experience is different on that matter. Ardenweald was my favourite zone for its story until I got to Revendreth. As for the "women and children line" part of the discussion, I'll just choose to move on from that as a walking proof to its inaccuracy.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-13 at 04:08 PM.

Somehow, this does not surprise me. They get extra reps, most new easy to get mounts require a night fae to get and so on. Tbh it feels like these are designed by different teams and the night fae team did better.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Somehow, this does not surprise me. They get extra rep, most new easy to get mounts require a night fae to get and so on. Tbh it feels like these are designed by different teams and the night fae team did better.
    I could 100% believe that different teams did each zone and covenant. The Revendreth team seems to have a boner for annoying orientation and unintuitive layouts.

Ah, so you're not saying that Night Fae is more casual, but rather that casuals just tend to pick it, you're saying that casuals are just congregating to it based on what you've seen.

That's different from my experience, as I've seen so many polls and know so many people having picked Revendreth as the most aesthetically pleasing whilst shunning Night Fae for being "uwu"... whatever the hell that means. But I can respect that your experience is different on that matter. Ardenweald was my favourite zone for its story until I got to Revendreth.
    Yes, ty for trying to understand my post. The minmaxers likely picked what the guide told them to pick. There are excellent players in all covenants and you can't tell anything about anyone based on the covenant they picked. But it is of my opinion, that a higher % of casuals choose Nightfae. It is also my opinion that nightfae has a lot more positives to it than other covenants. My conspiracy theory is relating to whether or not blizz assumed it would be the most popular among casuals and whether or not this is the reason it has more positives when compared to other covenants.

I really like revendreth too but it has a lot of terrain / elevation to navigate around. With the ppl I've seen discussing zones / covenants, this is a major reason they picked ardenweald over Revendreth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Thos who have gotten MH + OH as night fae: are you paladins or shamans, or something else? Because my shaman is night fae and I couldn't even pick staff, so I'm guessing paladins and shamans are MH+Shield users strictly in blizz's eyes. I have a night fae druid as well but still need to catch up with her. My venthyr priest had to choose between MH or OH, but staves are MH so I picked that obviously.
    I believe Blizzard sees only Shamans as MH+Shield users. I finished my Kyrian campaign as Paladin and got to choose 2h or MH/OH. Shamans artifact weapons were also MH+OH or MH+Shield in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I believe Blizzard sees only Shamans as MH+Shield users. I finished my Kyrian campaign as Paladin and got to choose 2h or MH/OH. Shamans artifact weapons were also MH+OH or MH+Shield in Legion.
    You're forgetting about both Proc specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my unpopular opinion. Nightfae is for casuals. What class do you tell someone to roll if they new to the game? Hunter. And if they want to heal? Druid. This is conveniently the 2 classes that auto pick nightfae 99% of the time.

Its also the cute and "pretty" covenant that kids and a lot of women will love.

Nightfae also has podtender. A cheat life mechanic to forgive the casual for not avoiding a mechanic.

How about campaign missions? They can cheese it with 1 follower and 4 troop to do lvl 60 missions.

They got the earliest mount.

They get the earliest double potency slot.

They get convoke which is the easiest I Win button up to 1500ish rating to ensure nightfae players get at least 207 conquest gear. The podtender in pvp is easy to counter for 1500+ players but not in lower brackets. The hp bar doesn't even show up unless u look 100ft in the sky.

If you like this covenant then I'm all for you enjoying it. Idc. But its pretty easy to see all the advantages this covenant has.
    This is the dumbest post I've seen here in a good while. And that's saying something.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

- - - Updated - - -

I do. I treat everyone with the same respect. But you'd be blind not to notice trends. Treat ppl as individuals but you can still see groups
    lmao using WF guilds as your example. What exactly is a "standard" raiding guild? There's a pretty big range of skill level/time commitment with tens of thousands of guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

And you have zero proof of any kind that it's picked more by casuals. I didn't want you to explain why you think that. I couldn't give two fucks why you think anything. I wanted you to provide data proof. Otherwise your opinion is purely based on shit take bias.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's the best for most classes in most situations. Again, you just keep making dumbass statements without any sort of proof.

lmao using WF guilds as your example. What exactly is a "standard" raiding guild? There's a pretty big range of skill level/time commitment with tens of thousands of guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

And you have zero proof of any kind that it's picked more by casuals. I didn't want you to explain why you think that. I couldn't give two fucks why you think anything. I wanted you to provide data proof. Otherwise your opinion is purely based on shit take bias.
    So you can't answer the question? Its ok. Choose to hone in one very small part of my post and get offended over it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's the best for most classes in most situations. Again, you just keep making dumbass statements without any sort of proof.
    Its a video game forum for a 15 year old game. I posted a knowingly unpopular opinion. Why are you so upset? I'm not going to post a peer reviewed study for you lol