Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Basically, Arcane requires more skill overall to get the same results so people go the path of the least resistance. Or even the easiest which is Frost
    I feel like blizzard does the tuning with little regard to utility or mobility, like bm should not do the same damage as a MM does while standing still, yet in bfa the bm just did more damage than mm almost ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    I feel like blizzard does the tuning with little regard to utility or mobility, like bm should not do the same damage as a MM does while standing still, yet in bfa the bm just did more damage than mm almost ever did.
    If they did balance according to utility, Frost and Fire should do less damage than Arcane.

They also do not balance according to complexity because Frost and Fire should also do less damage than Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    If they did balance according to utility, Frost and Fire should do less damage than Arcane.

They also do not balance according to complexity because Frost and Fire should also do less damage than Arcane.
    Exactly, arcane has to stand in freakin melee to do aoe, which is quite an absurd downside for no real gain..

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mage is a very comfortable class.

We got teleports for everywhere, if you also get engineering and some other tps like Challenge Mode Dungeons/BT&Karazhan necklaces, you can go everywhere you want. In a game where the design has been pushed to make players spend a lot of time traveling, small advantages help. For example, I currently use my hs on my Covenant and got Oribos tp. In late BFA, players had to go to Vale or Uldum for assaults. For the Vale, they had to go to Jade Forest from main city portal, then fly to Vale. For Uldum, they had to go to main city and take a portal. As a mage, I had tp for Vale and hearthstone for Uldum. The convenience it brought me considering my bad pc loading screens is immeasurable.

Mage also has specs that are similar but also quite different so you won't feel like you're playing the same thing. Currently fire mage is a king on raids, m+ and arena. Fire started on the mediocre to weak side on raiding but every week it gets higher on mythic logs. It's also an easy spec to say, you just need to practice a specific button sequence. Once you do it well without thinking you will see your performance being consistently well.

Arcane and frost are specs I really like too. People say frost is boring but I really love how the spells compliment each other thanks to Winter Chill effect. The visuals are also great. Arcane is a spec that I enjoy, it's considered a one button spec but I feel it's harder to perform than the other 2 because it doesn't have the mobility options and some mana mistakes can f you up easily. It's a spec that deals damage but it has drawbacks that Fire does not, so. As long as you don't go super competitive you can play whatever you enjoy.

Mage also has one of the best transmogs imo. You can make some really good looking sets and you can also choose s rsce from a big variety, compared to, let's say, druid that has a few race choices per faction. You can be a badass troll or forsaken, an elegant elf race, or a human for the Medivh Khadgar Jaina Aegwynn feels like me.

Tldr: yes play mage

5+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know fire mages look very promising in sims, then the frost mages. I also noticed some updates with a small buff for frost, which looks promising. If you are looking for most overpowered range dps you may consider ballance druid, but for me mage is my favourite. Free portals, food and magic. Pretty much everything you need.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-02-09 at 09:44 PM.