Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm not geared enough for the raid. Most people only want carries or gold for mythic dungeons. you're right, I don't want to spam torghast because it's mindless. And as for farming gold, I don't want to spend 6+ hours a day grinding. Because then it would have the same outcome as what I'm getting to now: I'll get absolutely sick of the game and stop playing because it's stopped being even remotely fun.
    If you actually played the game you would know that you can buy ilvl 200 gear from your covenant vendor. That's 10 pieces. You can fill the other 5 or 6 with 184 or higher through WQ. BAM. You're ready to raid.

    You do torgahst 4 times in week one and twice every week after that. That gives you about 600 ash a week. Hardly spamming.

    Why do you come here with your "game issues" when you don't even play. It is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  2. #22
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,315
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm not geared enough for the raid. Most people only want carries or gold for mythic dungeons. you're right, I don't want to spam torghast because it's mindless. And as for farming gold, I don't want to spend 6+ hours a day grinding. Because then it would have the same outcome as what I'm getting to now: I'll get absolutely sick of the game and stop playing because it's stopped being even remotely fun.
    Now the true issues show themselves...

    "I don't wanna..."

    Get yourself in an actual raiding guild and you'll get in the raid. You'll get in mythic and mythic+ groups. Find some mature adults who just want to play the game, not kids who demand a certain ilevel otherwise you're clearly bad or a super hardcore group that requires 40 hours of raiding, and just get to know them. It's crazy how far just being a nice player to play with will get you. Make friends, do crap with them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    7. The lack of a flight whistle is infuriating. It makes doing world quests exceptionally annoying because they're so spaced out and pretty much are all a huge hike away from flight masters.
    Go play Classic, quest through Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains, Desolace, Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands... you know what, quest through any 10 zones and get a character to level 60.

    Come back and tell me how the quests are a "hike" from the flight masters, then I'll believe you.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Now the true issues show themselves...

    "I don't wanna..."

    Get yourself in an actual raiding guild and you'll get in the raid. You'll get in mythic and mythic+ groups. Find some mature adults who just want to play the game, not kids who demand a certain ilevel otherwise you're clearly bad or a super hardcore group that requires 40 hours of raiding, and just get to know them. It's crazy how far just being a nice player to play with will get you. Make friends, do crap with them.
    90% of the guilds on my server are sweatlords that have high expectations even of newer players. The other 10% don't really do content while it's current. With WoW's current community, finding mature adults to do current content with is like finding a needle in a haystack.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Now the true issues show themselves...

    "I don't wanna..."

    Get yourself in an actual raiding guild and you'll get in the raid. You'll get in mythic and mythic+ groups. Find some mature adults who just want to play the game, not kids who demand a certain ilevel otherwise you're clearly bad or a super hardcore group that requires 40 hours of raiding, and just get to know them. It's crazy how far just being a nice player to play with will get you. Make friends, do crap with them.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Go play Classic, quest through Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains, Desolace, Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands... you know what, quest through any 10 zones and get a character to level 60.

    Come back and tell me how the quests are a "hike" from the flight masters, then I'll believe you.
    Why would I play Classic when it's 100 times worse than retail? Also, that's the definition of a strawman.

  4. #24
    The legendary thing is kinda annoying, that you have to keep rebuying them off the AH if you aren't making them yourselves, but it makes professions somewhat profitable, which is their purpose. But 60k for the 190 sounds like maybe on a low pop server? on my server it's 60-80k for the rank 4 legendary, which I make easily every week just herbing/mining alone while playing. just leveling 50-60 on an alt with herbing/mining which I've done 3 times i made 600k total just from herbs/ore and meat/cloth. I got my 190 legendary for 15k.

    I do agree with many of your complaints. One of my biggest is the covenant transmog system. I wish the gear had more color variations, not just different shades of blue or red or whatever on the gear. I'm really not playing too much tbh, I log in every couple days do my callings log out. not even doing many of the end game stuff other than that. I'm basically just gonna wait to really sink my teeth in when they put flying in. being on the ground 50-60 leveling, fine. being on the ground for 6 months just been there done that too many times and it always sucks. and then when they add flying the graveyard issue will not be one. It's not a case where this game isn't for me, i need to unsubscribe, for me it's a need of, waiting till I can play with less stopping and waiting, and waiting for more convenience with QoL additions.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The legendary thing is kinda annoying, that you have to keep rebuying them off the AH if you aren't making them yourselves, but it makes professions somewhat profitable, which is their purpose. But 60k for the 190 sounds like maybe on a low pop server? on my server it's 60-80k for the rank 4 legendary, which I make easily every week just herbing/mining alone while playing. just leveling 50-60 on an alt with herbing/mining which I've done 3 times i made 600k total just from herbs/ore and meat/cloth. I got my 190 legendary for 15k.

    I do agree with many of your complaints. One of my biggest is the covenant transmog system. I wish the gear had more color variations, not just different shades of blue or red or whatever on the gear. I'm really not playing too much tbh, I log in every couple days do my callings log out. not even doing many of the end game stuff other than that. I'm basically just gonna wait to really sink my teeth in when they put flying in. being on the ground 50-60 leveling, fine. being on the ground for 6 months just been there done that too many times and it always sucks. and then when they add flying the graveyard issue will not be one. It's not a case where this game isn't for me, i need to unsubscribe, for me it's a need of, waiting till I can play with less stopping and waiting, and waiting for more convenience with QoL additions.
    I'm on Proudmoore and have tried selling my mining materials on the AH. For some reason, nothing sells the majority of the time. It's not even a low population server but for some reason I can't get anything sold on the AH.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So I received Shadowlands as a gift so I played through most of the content. Haven't done the raid yet so I won't be forming an opinion on it. But everything else? This expansion feels worse than WoD in a lot of ways to me. Here's why:

    1. Graveyards are WAYYYYY too spaced out. More often than not when I die I have a 600 meter run back to my corpse and because there's spots in the zones where you can just plummet to your death for no reason, this is pretty annoying. If they're going to make zones have random gaps in the landscape, then they should really make more graveyards. Instead, I have to go on a hike just to get back to my body.

    2. The expansion story is so incredibly underwhelming. The Jailer is a useless villain that does more brooding than doing any actual evil. Even in WoD I was pulled into the story more. Shadowlands' story is just boring and forgettable.

    3. All of the zones are ugly as sin, spare Revendreth. Bastion is just bland and pale plains. Maldraxxus is dark and brooding with really terrible looking landscape. Ardenweald just looks like a darker Val'sharah. At least Revendreth has some interesting architecture.

    4. The Maw is hands down the most annoying thing ever implemented into the game. It's a massive zone that you can't mount up in which just makes it a chore to do anything there. The Eye of the Jailer mechanic is just a really stupid gating mechanic that makes the zone feel way worse. There is absolutely nothing fun about the Maw.

    5. Torghast is pretty much faceroll. It was advertised as being challenging and more rogue-like than other WoW activities. It's not challenging at all. I've only done the first three wings so far but they've been so faceroll that I don't understand why Blizzard said it would be challenging from the get-go.

    6. Legendaries are unobtainable if you don't have the right crafting profession or don't have lots of gold. One piece of the base item needed to craft a legendary is 50-60k on my server. So I've just had to accept I'll never get a single legendary.

    7. The lack of a flight whistle is infuriating. It makes doing world quests exceptionally annoying because they're so spaced out and pretty much are all a huge hike away from flight masters.

    8. And finally, timegating in this expansion has been the worst I've ever seen in the game's history. Having to wait a fucking week after finishing a quest chain to get the next step in the campaign is obnoxious. Pretty much everything in SL is gated and has made the expansion utter trash in my eyes.

    I understand not everyone is going to agree with me and that's fine. But does anyone share any of these opinions with me? I can't be the only one.

    Update: Don't respond to this with a comment like "Just stop playing the game". It adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.
    1) Imagine having to walk anywhere, what is this? Classic?

    2)The story is progressive and it's not all gonna be told in the front half of a patch cycle and have nothing else for the rest of the expansion. Imagine! Wild I know!

    3)Try turning up your settings to 10. Not sure what you're playing but they all match the theme of the zone and are pretty nice looking. Did you expect Maldraxxus to be a rose garden when the zone deals with all things undead?

    4)Yes. Also there is a mount that's obtainable and usable for that zone.

    5)Agreed

    6)Man, glad you missed the start then when the tier 2/3 were 80k on some servers. Imagine if gold were hard this might be an issue. I farm herbs for an hour and that usually nets me at least 20-30k for little to no time/effort investment. Gold is dumb easy to obtain if you're willing to at least leave town.

    7)Most quests are fairly close to one flight path or another. At most you're looking to be side tracked for a minute to make it to one. Then again, imagine doing world quests in 2021!

    8)I imagine you're the type of guy to complain if you could have finished it day 1. In either case what is the rush? It doesn't really gimp you and you've already said you don't like any of the other content so what benefit would you have even gained?

  7. #27
    feels like people are just looking for things to complain about now. Inb4 someone says a rock in ardenweald has the wrong shading of dirt.

  8. #28
    I don't know why I thought that this thread would have a constructive conversation. Time and time again I'm shown that if you say anything negative about WoW, people will launch themselves at you like lions on a wounded gazelle.

  9. #29
    I agree with some of these, but let me make my own list also:

    1) Lack of flight master whistle. We simply have gotten used to it at this point. I literally refuse to do some world quests because they are so far away. Bastion is the worst offender here.

    2) The flight masters themselves are a slog. I have no idea why these don't go at the same speed as Nazjatar ones. Nazjatar flight masters are faster than 310% flying. These flight masters are so slow there are a few places where you can race your flying friend between two points AND WIN.
    They need their speed tripled, especially since they always fly to and from Oribos.

    3) Many more dailies and novelty items in the Maw. I am one of the few people who actually like the Maw.
    I farmed Mechagon for rares + dailies even after I was exalted for "stuff". Maw is the same except it has 3 daily quests and barely anything drops any interesting items. Some toys/transmog/mounts would liven the place up really and motivate me to actually go there more than like twice a week.

    4) Legendary scrapping. Maybe if not for 100% of the soul ash spent on them but like 80% at least.
    Or give us the option to convert our legendary to the other available slot for pure gold or something.
    The fact that you spend tens of thousands on gold on an armor piece makes me feel very sad when the same slot armor drops from the weekly vault or some raid boss.
    That way I could at least "swap it" to another slot to have an upgrade.

    5) Mailbox at the profession trainers area. Please.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    5. Torghast is pretty much faceroll..............I've only done the first three wings........
    Still having a good chuckle at this.

  11. #31
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,315
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    90% of the guilds on my server are sweatlords that have high expectations even of newer players. The other 10% don't really do content while it's current. With WoW's current community, finding mature adults to do current content with is like finding a needle in a haystack.
    I'd invite you to come join my guild, we're doing heroic CN and only raid a whopping 4 hours a week and have a couple nights of optional m+ dedication, but you've proven yourself to be such a calm and not whiny individual, so I don't want to. Our guild literally has no whiners and it's wonderful. Stop complaining and telling people to not reply when you literally tell us about how bored you are of the game, anyways. It's silly.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  12. #32
    1. Agree
    2. Story happens in the covenants. Leveling is just an inteo to each zone.
    3.revendreth is a masterpiece, but bastion is as well. That zone is sooo calming, very pleasant to be in. Maldraxxus is meh, Ardenweald is okay.
    4.Eye.of the jailer is shit, but you can ignore the maw save for 5min per week.
    5.depends on your class, but I agree in general.
    6. That's flatout wrong. The high ranks are expensive, but low ranks are as low as 250 gold on my server, so I can't believe the values you post here. And a 235er piece of gear should be expensive.
    7.get your transport network online.
    8. You didn't play 5.0, did you? Also nothing relevant is timegated here, except honor gear upgrades. Your soulbinds are nonconsequential, since everyone is on the same level. Also everything is weekly and catch ups are enabled. So you never miss out
    If it's really that bad, then just wait and start playing when everything is unlocked.

  13. #33
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,315
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't know why I thought that this thread would have a constructive conversation. Time and time again I'm shown that if you say anything negative about WoW, people will launch themselves at you like lions on a wounded gazelle.
    I have plenty of negative stuff to say about WoW.

    I know when to hold my tongue though, because some of it is extremely opinion-based.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'd invite you to come join my guild, we're doing heroic CN and only raid a whopping 4 hours a week and have a couple nights of optional m+ dedication, but you've proven yourself to be such a calm and not whiny individual, so I don't want to. Our guild literally has no whiners and it's wonderful. Stop complaining and telling people to not reply when you literally tell us about how bored you are of the game, anyways. It's silly.
    I don't want people to reply with comments that aren't constructive to the conversation like pretty much all of your replies. Telling someone to "stop whining" isn't constructive in the slightest.

  15. #35
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,315
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Maldraxxus is meh
    Maldraxxus is BADASS and is NOT for WEAKLINGS.
    NECROLORD MASTER RACE.
    WE don't need to look PRETTY. We are STRONG.

    YEAH
    ROOOAAAARRRRR
    \m/ /epic metal guitar solo

    Literally Maldraxxus is the only zone where the NPCs aren't all about feeling sorry for themselves, wusses, or decade and a half late Twilight fanfic, let's be real. Maldraxxus is military fucking MIGHT, yo.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire Seasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Perú
    Posts
    457
    What kind of complaints are these? yikes

    Can't tell if serious or trolling

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm on Proudmoore and have tried selling my mining materials on the AH. For some reason, nothing sells the majority of the time. It's not even a low population server but for some reason I can't get anything sold on the AH.
    Really? that's very different than my experience. I'm on Illidan, I put stuff on, super fast with the revamp ah, and like 70% of my stuff sells w/i moments, hell before I unmount from my big boi, and 95% by the time I log out or ready to put more up, what doesn't sell I just put back up and it always sells the next time I do it. I've never had an easier time selling mats than this expac.

  18. #38
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    What kind of complaints are these? yikes

    Can't tell if serious or trolling
    You might be onto something. /thinkingface
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    1. Agree
    2. Story happens in the covenants. Leveling is just an inteo to each zone.
    3.revendreth is a masterpiece, but bastion is as well. That zone is sooo calming, very pleasant to be in. Maldraxxus is meh, Ardenweald is okay.
    4.Eye.of the jailer is shit, but you can ignore the maw save for 5min per week.
    5.depends on your class, but I agree in general.
    6. That's flatout wrong. The high ranks are expensive, but low ranks are as low as 250 gold on my server, so I can't believe the values you post here. And a 235er piece of gear should be expensive.
    7.get your transport network online.
    8. You didn't play 5.0, did you? Also nothing relevant is timegated here, except honor gear upgrades. Your soulbinds are nonconsequential, since everyone is on the same level. Also everything is weekly and catch ups are enabled. So you never miss out
    If it's really that bad, then just wait and start playing when everything is unlocked.
    I'm literally looking at a 190 gloves piece on the AH right now that is up for 48k and it's the lowest one.

  20. #40
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,315
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm literally looking at a 190 gloves piece on the AH right now that is up for 48k and it's the lowest one.
    Buy the mats to craft it and ask a friend to craft it?
    Or hell, farm the mats up, and then have someone craft it? Come on man. The 190s shouldn't be costing that much, because the mats aren't that extreme. I had a guildie give me the cloth pants for free, for crying out loud. You just aren't even trying.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2021-01-13 at 09:17 PM.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •