10+ Year Old Account

Updated Accessibility Options for Motion Sickness

Updated Accessibility Options for Motion Sickness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With two hotfixes we recently made to the game, the Reduce Camera Motion option now includes the following:

• When you’re dead and a ghost in the Shadowlands, the anima strands screen visual effect will be hidden.
    • In the Maw, when you’re under the effect of the Cloak of Ve’nari or Lingering Cloak of Ve’nari, visuals on the screen edge will be hidden.

To experience the above, go to the Motion Sickness dropdown in Accessibility settings and select either Reduce Camera Motion or Keep Character Centered and Reduce Camera Motion.

I am curious how poeple will use this to make shadowlands look like a bad expansion.

Good change for those affected!

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    I am curious how poeple will use this to make shadowlands look like a bad expansion.

They won't know about it; they're all too busy playing Classic and raging at the concept of colour-blind settings and the Move Pad.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

yes cause SL has no other problems that needs fixing/balancing BUT motion sickniss ROFLMAO

I do not suffer from motion sickness but I'll be using this option because I think the effect is pointless and looks like shit anyway. Thanks Blizzard.

Going to be honest, I suffer from motion sickness issues, and I haven't had much of them with those 2 areas. On the other hand playing a shadow priest with that floating purple trail behind them makes me want to vomit. I have to completely change camera directions when on any mount. Running in third person at all is hell on my eyes. Been looking for a fix to that for a crazy long time now. When ever they decided to condense it even worse. The glyph of lesser purple doesn't help with the issue either. It still leaves the purple smoke trail behind. It would be nice to just have a glyph that turns the shadow form completely off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    yes cause SL has no other problems that needs fixing/balancing BUT motion sickniss ROFLMAO
    God forbid they do something small to help people who have a physical reaction to their game.
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers

Yet noting about the horrendous FOV and they keep adding height to the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely be using this and have to check out what that camera shake thing in the screencapture is all about. I don't know about motion sickness but those things sure bug the heck out of me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post

Got to post #4 before somebody complained. yikes.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Thanks Blizz!

(no sarcasm intended)

Thank you Blizzard!

Finally a company that understands that not everyone loves the camera to shake and twist all the time. Some people's sense of balance is based on visual information to an extend that shaky screens can make you feel sick. That simply makes it unpleasant or even impossible to play certain games that use such effects a lot.

I get sick playing most if not all first person shooters, even tho I like those games. But I don't play them since I prefer not puking over some fun with a shooter.

It's a good thing and I think quite small to make the game for more people playable!

Don't they intend to fix the constant flickering a lot of people get in Ardenweald and other zones? Did they even acknowledge the issue?

I don't know what's more stupid, the fact that people are complaining about this feature with no downsides or the idea that the team working on features like this has anything to do with the team focused on gameplay and class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
    Going to be honest, I suffer from motion sickness issues, and I haven't had much of them with those 2 areas. On the other hand playing a shadow priest with that floating purple trail behind them makes me want to vomit. I have to completely change camera directions when on any mount. Running in third person at all is hell on my eyes. Been looking for a fix to that for a crazy long time now. When ever they decided to condense it even worse. The glyph of lesser purple doesn't help with the issue either. It still leaves the purple smoke trail behind. It would be nice to just have a glyph that turns the shadow form completely off.
    exactly this.

if they wanna support me or the motion sickness ppl i know, they should better fix all the „new“ models and their bumping, jumping, iceskating idiotic run animations, they added long ago in Legion iirc, that cause (or better caused, forum was full of it, years ago, but that ppl left the game long ago) motion sickness for me and a lot another ppl.

or stuff like that stupid purple SP shit, what the quoted poster said. this shit or bumping mounts like raptor or undead run animations is stuff making me vomit. give SP a glyph with old (classic, tbc, etc) shadowform. way better than fixing crap no real motion sickness player affects. that purple shit was the main reason for me to stop playing my SP.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-01-15 at 11:22 PM.

I don't understand why it isn't a toggle option. Turn off for player owner. Other people wouldn't be effected. To bad blizzard is butthurt about anyone modding their game. This coulda been fixed years ago!